Better postures for tank commanders

3 Likes

6 Likes

Nice. Finally some WW2 themed updates instead of fake tanks and fake weapons.

I did, btw.
In… November 2021.

10 Likes

Yep, but except “map variety”, we need more BR restrictions, not less;

Also

• BR 3-5 removed from Stalingrad, or an option added to not be sent there (insta quit anyway)
  • BR ±1 matchmaking introduced (or at least BR1 not vs BR3)
  • Disable users decals and decorators display option added (client side like in WT)
  • Automatic adaptive camo for all vehicles introduced (purchased camos bound to biomes)
  • Standard faction decals and turret numbers with limited positions and sizes, unlockable through gameplay, introduced for all vehicles
  • Standard issue uniforms added for Premium/Event squads outside of “native” biomes (Moroccans get standard US uniforms in - Normandy, Volkssturm gets standard Wehrmacht uniforms in Tunisia, etc.)
  • Option to select the nationality of purchased soldier added (US/UK, GER/ITA)
  • Faction specific AT guns added for all sides (even if just reskins), scalable with high/low BR
  • Faction specific ammo boxes and med boxes added
  • Standard truck added for Germany (Opel Blitz or Mercedes L3000)
  • Non-premium versions of Churchill, Firefly, Valentine (different gun/ammo) added for Allies
  • Improved matchmaker logic that tries to send Crusaders to Tunisia and LVT to Pacific but not vice-versa
  • New maps added for high BR USSR vs Germany to offset Stalingrad loss
  • Make engineer squads or a single engineer I each squad the default loadout for upcoming Steam players. Don’t teach them useless engineer-less and sniper-focused behavior from the start
  • Fat XP bonus for “play any faction”
  • Research of whole line no longer required if the previous and following item is unlocked (KV zis moment)
5 Likes

In the future, could we have the ability to aim down the sights of the commander MG/APC MG’s by zooming in (sort of like what you can see if you go on a vehicle in Battlefield V if anyone has experience)? It would add more depth to the way we can play the vehicles and make some of the weapons feel more usable instead of being so offset to where your head is.

(Also, could we fix the APC gunner positions, the soviet M3 halftrack is stupidly exposed with terrible aiming ability due to being too far from the gun, the German one is way too far down and hinders visibility while being too hard to hit, and the event British troop carrier has a broken aim system for the Bren gun on top.

For the German and soviet I would recommend you make them stand at a height in the middle of both their current stances while the British APC can have the gunner work the same way a stationary MG works out.)

Complete nonsense. Only the camera is where it should be. The soldier himself is still exposed af. Exactly in the same manner as Soviet gunner.

Position of German gunner should look something like this.

And the whole purpose of the MG shield that’s ingame is to make Gunner hard to hit.
If that’s a problem. Just remove it. As you can see on picture, even that was the case.
But the ridiculous pose that’s in the game needs to be changed.

3 Likes

Their head stay looking at the the front of the turret, it only follow the player camera direction when you use free look. This make the character feel dead inside.

Make the tank commander head follow the player camera direction at all time when he peek out of the cupola. The same behavior as the turret gun aligning itself to the center of the circular mouse crosshair.
This would make the tank commander feel more alive.

6 Likes

Wonderfull

It would be great if they had many poses like the photos shared on the post

3 Likes

yes please

1 Like

In some tanks the commander’s hatch is too small, so instead of the whole torso only the commander’s head is exposed. It’s understandable that they can’t use personal weapons, but please give them the option of using binoculars.

4 Likes

another thing

Pls consider letting your 3D modelers increase the poly count on some crucial (and big parts)

Like the sights of some guns, visualized here:

A 16-dot poly circle is way too low.

Not looking good at all.

9 Likes

Does this mean you are doing away with the whole “the design of this vehicle does not allow to use personal weapons in it”? Especially the Pershing? A top tier tank whose commander can not only not use their personal weapon for close in defense but also can’t use binoculars for long range engagements is at a huge disadvantage.

Considering it has to fight Tigers that already outclass it and can 1 tap it almost anywhere this makes it even more unbalanced.

2 Likes

Can we have some more “Natural Pose” for tank commander?
Or, add a mod feature that customizes character poses.
$_12

main-qimg-deb198e5cd4084834644af4d12b5a89f-lq
SOL-MM532
ws223-1_p1

6 Likes

thing is, if i see a commander pop out like that, hes just a gigantic target, with most of his body peaking out. and also just doesnt look like hes in the middle of a engagement, guy in the photo definitely is not.
but yeah a more “living guy” style pose would be nice, still a little better than before in any case, having the people look and “act” like people would sell the whole war thing a little better

1 Like

I’m not asking for more queues, just to have a higher chance of being sent to the Pacific when I have marines, LVT and Seagull in my lineup.
Personally I wouldn’t mind waiting a minute or two more if the next map was more suitable.

Alternatively, as I also suggested before, we could have separate lineups for different fronts: so if the map loaded is Pacific, the game would activate my USMC BR2 lineup, and if the map is Tunisia – my British BT2 lineup.

Also, speaking of other suggestions:

1 Like

Now this super long spam in news topic that’s promoting some utterly off topic suggestions is incredibly shameless.

3 Likes

News are a great place to get feed back from helpers and few questions answered, but that doesn’t mean we should abuse this.

2 Likes

Yea true we already see what happens to those that do that so we should keep off topic thing to as lowest as possible

1 Like

Btw, the update went live, and there is no new weapons in the tech tree… I am sad.

Also I had a bug in the practice when I spawned with the Chaffee, the new vision stuff bugged my game and I was considered a deserter but kept me in the practice room without any possibility of quitting

1 Like

Oh well I have to set-up my laptop and see this tbh but I’m not home yet