Better postures for tank commanders

I fear the same,no weapon,no vehicle, just that…

3 Likes

Japan had 3 events squads (one of them being aircraft squad) and one seperate event vehicle.

The next logical focus should be weapon in armory event.

2 Likes

hmm we might get that auto hei with shield as an event gun since idk any other thing (whenever they do the armory event for them that is)

1 Like

Don’t forget sooner both US and JAP should recive their event engineer squad with AR

8 Likes

yup, we don’t have anything for a whole year, however I wish we have an APC as event like germans and americans, soviets too even if I hate them

1 Like

tbh i kinda forgot already thank you for the reminder

really hope it that 1944 hyde gun since it look cool but it probably something nice anyway

Cool.
One question though, a bit unrelated: are you guys concidering some changes to vision slots? Mainly to cupolas as they are hardly usefull.

4 Likes

This is nice and all, but when will actual major issues be addressed?

• ⁠very grindy and terrible silver economy.
• ⁠Greyzone tanking and suicidecycling planes currently has no counter (they just spawn a new tank/plane infinitely and for new players, they don’t have the tools to deal with it
• ⁠No way to save boosters for later / no post-battle application choice
• ⁠Bot AI is still pretty bad. AI in the OG Battlefront games reacted better.
• ⁠AT Launchers still detonate on open windows
• ⁠bots won’t follow through windows/across water, but will path around which usually leads to them dying. Also issues on maps like Kahif Caves where they won’t go into tunnels.
• ⁠AT Launchers damage to APCs is inconsistent
• ⁠map variety is hamstrung by BR locks. There is also no way to blacklist maps
• ⁠customization still bugs out, and is prohibitively expensive. Uniforms should be classified by season, not campaign.
• ⁠custom servers have severe lag/crash in full 10v10 games.
• ⁠no social system, clan system, or menu lobby chat
• ⁠almost zero transparency from DF besides these randomly timed blog posts and updates.
• ⁠there is still no roadmap
• ⁠HE is still absorbed by wooden objects, causing little to no damage
• ⁠there is still no reward for queueing any faction despite having been mentioned months ago. There is also no way to blacklist factions from “queue any side” - for example, I never want to play US because their infantry gear is bad, so I would like to block them and instead play USSR/Germany/Japan random queue
• ⁠melee hit boxes are still broken. It’s almost impossible to melee someone who is prone, and bots are still pre-meleeing

And that’s just off the top of my head. There’s more issues. This game needs to be able to attract a larger player base but that won’t happen while major issues still exist. It took months just to implement a bipod fix, and these very minor detail are being prioritized over larger balance issues.

Oh and we still don’t have the Premium Squad Slot that was mentioned how long ago…?

13 Likes

Make them open and close the hatch a little slower.

Currently the do it almost immideately, so it looks weird and too unnatural

12 Likes

T20 Early teaser?? Or something we haven’t even seen yet?

Nice work! Good to see this improvement :blush:

One of the most ancient and most annoying bugs in the game.
Plus the overall faulty hit registration. Yesterday I got another hilarious scene when I shot an enemy in the chest with 105mm HE from my Ho-Ri. All his buddies around him were vaporized but he just walked away fine, took na explosive pack from his pocket and detonated my vehicle. Maybe some of the soldiers use temporary Compound V or something

1 Like

This is better. For commander cupolas that have a hatch like that

5 Likes

They pop out like in whack a mole

5 Likes

It’s funny how people complain about such updates as if hindering any bug-fixing. You guys just think that devs are all versatile people that each one of them is responsible for animating, modeling, and writing code? Do you think art team’s work means that programmers are not working? LOL

i mean the T20 early is in the test server and it a TT so yea

2 Likes

• ⁠very grindy and terrible silver economy.

Especially true for F2P.

• ⁠Greyzone tanking and suicidecycling planes currently has no counter (they just spawn a new tank/plane infinitely and for new players, they don’t have the tools to deal with it

Solution is simple: If you are in gray zone while driving a tank, you should not get XP. Greyzone camping would magically disappear from lobbies.

• ⁠No way to save boosters for later / no post-battle application choice

They will never do that.

• ⁠Bot AI is still pretty bad. AI in the OG Battlefront games reacted better.

Not personal, but if you are a 16 year old hyperactive that runs around the map like crazy then yes. Personally i would rather play with bots + a few players for a more relaxed experience. Bot navigation is bad, accuracy and awareness is good.

• ⁠no social system, clan system, or menu lobby chat

Absoulety stupid, that they have time for optic distortion and this prio 1000 stuff, but not for basic
features like menu chat…

• ⁠there is still no roadmap

It’s May. There won’t be.

Yes, the fact that they are wasting their miniscule development capacity on these features instead of what you have listed is laughable. And sad.

9 Likes

I agree. It is frustrating when i get invites but i cant tell them that i cant join due to me already planning to play alone. Also there is no way to tell if someone is playing or just in the hangar

4 Likes

Wasn’t it only the late war stugs with that roundish gun mantlets that had coax MGs?

Here’s your answer.

Spoiler

A coaxial machine gun was first added to boxy mantlets, from June 1944, and then to cast Topfblende, from October 1944, in the middle of “Topfblende” mantlet production. With the addition of this coaxial machine gun, all StuGs carried two MG 34 machine guns from autumn of 1944. Some previously completed StuGs with a boxy mantlet had a coaxial machine gun hole drilled to retrofit a coaxial machine gun; however, Topfblende produced from November 1943 to October 1944 without a machine gun opening could not be tampered with.

1 Like