Add similar-to-premium iconic WW2 gear and vehicles to research tree

Disclaimer:

The fact that in our WW2 game we only have Valentine, Churchill, M3A1 Halftrack, Lewis gun, etc. as premiums only is despicable.

We have already seen premium squads be similar or almost identical to research tree ones: Pz IV J and Panther from Berlin/Normandy, T-34-85 (E) from Berlin, M4 Jumbo from Normandy, Pz IV F1 from Moscow/Tunisia, AS-44 in premium squad and in research.

So we need to see those iconic WW2 vehicles and weapons as research tree versions as well.

To make them a little different, here are some suggestions.

1. Lewis gun
    Here is the current Soviet premium version:

This version without the shroud can be added to the Allies research tree:
    Additionally the two can be balanced by magazine capacity: the Lewis gun used a pan magazine holding 47 or 97 rounds.

2. Churchill tank
    Here is the current Allies premium BR3 Churchill III version:

This version can be added to the Allies research tree (Churchill Mark VII with 75mm gun) to higher BR
    or Churchill Mk II to lower BR

Or any other version for any other BR

3. M3A1 Halftrack
    This goes without saying, really. This should just be the standard American halftrack.
    I don’t care if it’s added without the 50 cal, maybe just the 30 cal or no MGs at all, but the US needs to have one in research tree.

4. Valentine tank
    This is the premium Soviet Valentine with 40mm 2-pounder gun

This Valentine VIII could be the research tree variant with 6-pounder gun
    Or any other version for any other BR

5. SdKfz 251
    We have one premium SdKfz 251/1 with MG and another event SdKfz 251/9 with 75mm cannon.

But this vehicle is so iconic that we need at least one normal “Hanomag” in research tree.
    In can literally be a version without any MGs to keep the premium squad owners at bay.

6. Sherman Firefly
    Iconic British tank once again hidden behind a premium paywall.
    The premium version is IC Firefly

Let’s have Sherman VC Firefly in research tree

The real difference is simply the base: Sherman IC (M4 base) and Sherman VC (M4A4 base).
    I don’t care if it’s slower/less armored/has less ammo to keep the premium sqads owners happy.
    But we need iconic vehicles in research tree.

Cheers.

26 Likes

as i own all ( except the lewis and valentine )

i agree.

heck, id argue we could get tech tree varients of the same vehicle too.
sort of the reason why i bought them in the first place. to get doubles.
( and that’s how happened with the flame planes. though, those were through event )

however, i’m against the non weaponized APCs.
the truck are already non weaponized.

and, i’d add a couple of apcs too

( since... are iconic )

customizable Opel Blitz with tent and with apc settings:

pacific US truck:

Nissan 80

british Bedford QL
50-Bedford-QL_Oirschot

italian Fiat 626 truck
51463b94ebb49d84625766c725f029c6

10 Likes

Super valid suggestions.

Plus I’m only siggesting to add weaponless APCs to keep Premium owners happy.
If they’re ok with us F2P bois having an MG on our APC too, that’s even better.

In a way I also agree that they get a whole crew, xp bonus and like 6-12-24 months early access.

1 Like

Germans need better trucks
Their zoo cable car has the worst performance of any truck
This bulletproof version looks great

Other stuff that should be tech tree:

M24 chaffee (just change the camo and remove .50cal)
Mosquito (change the bombs or add different model)
Matilda (change camo)
M8 greyhound (change camo and remove bushes)
Su-76 (i dont know how they could make the premium unique but it feels odd that such a iconic td from soviets is premium)
Stug 3g (Literally the most produced stug variant of german army and locked behind premium. They could add forest camo to make it unique and maybe change the ammo idk)
Panzer 38t (they coud add the panzer 38t ausf A model to tech tree)
Chi-ha (remove heat and camo and add it to tech tree)

3 Likes

Why?
Numerous iconic WW2 weapons are already available for free.
There is no reason why everything has to be free just because it is a F2P WW2 game.
If you want to use them, pay for them.

You missed one.

3 Likes

5,300 Crusader tanks and 5,600 Churchill tanks were made during WW2. Tell me why I can’t play with a Churchill tank when plenty of other British tanks can be premium.

4 Likes

This car sold 434,943 units in the U.S. last year.
Why can’t I drive this car? :worried:
The answer is because I didn’t buy it. :roll_eyes:

Ron, you can always drive Churchill. :grin:
You just have to pay a few bucks.

Many people will probably support this suggestion.
It is attractive to everyone to have something for free that they would otherwise have to pay for.
Developers should never accept such a suggestion. :neutral_face:

The suggestion here would greatly undermine the appeal of the existing premier squad.
Those who have enough money left over to replace it with toilet paper may not care, but for those who bought it after more than a little hesitation about spending $30 on in-game content, it’s something that makes them want to give the middle finger.
The opinions of those who don’t pay are glaring, but they are opinions that should basically be ignored.

Did I ever say everything needs to be free?
No.

I said most iconic, recognizable and mass-produced things need to be.

While more obscure and small batch stuff can stay as premiums/GO.

Like if you launch a Star Wars game, are you happy to see Darth Vader and Yoda as paid premiums?

That’s a very rotten approach towards the overwhelming majority of the playerbase.

But you are asking for too much.

Is that an appropriate analogy?
It becomes necessary to discuss which tanks are equivalent to Vader and Yoda in this game.
I think the Vader is the Tiger I. The most iconic villain of WW2, it is free.
Yoda would be the representative of the good guys and the strongest Jedi, i.e. the position around M26. It is also free.

The vehicles you are screaming for to be free are at best around here in terms of WW2 symbolism. It is only bought by enthusiasts. imo
databank_ackbar_01_169_55137220

Once in my country, McDonald’s offered free hamburgers for one day. They wanted to show their appreciation to their customers.
However, the free burger was only a regular hamburger and limited to 100 servings per day.
The stupid people who crowded into the McDonald’s restaurant shouted that the Big Mac should be free…
To me your approach seems to be the same as this.
Pay for the burger and eat the burger. The majority of people will.

Huh? Something that barely took part in WW2?

The most iconic allied tank of WW2 is by far T-34, and the strongest one is IS-2.

Churchill? Literally Britain’s no.1 tank.
SdKfz 251? Literally Germany’s no.1 apc.
M3A1? Literally USA’s no.1 apc.

Just look at any game or movie – those things are basic.

I don’t say premiums should not exist but I that doesn’t mean that SIMILAR research tree versions are impossible.

Just look at these once again:

1 Like

Tanks like these should be premium

They are unique and rare enough to be good premiums

Normal ww2 tanks like churchill or firefly should never be locked behind premium

1 Like

I’m presuming that these iconic weapons are locked behind a paywall on purpose. Weapons and vehicles like these are popular; so there is a demand for them. So people will be more likely to purchase them. Whereas a random prototype firearm that no one has ever heard of, probably wouldn’t get too many sales.

1 Like

more Churchills existed and were used than Crusaders

doubles down defending a $60 in-game purchase for the most used British tank in WW2

the tank isn’t even that good

brings up why he doesn’t have a Toyota

This is not the hill to die on, especially when the Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger, Comet I (A34), and the Centurion prototype existed.

1 Like

Everything has a price.
For example, this model kit is $50. If you want to own it, you have to pay $50.
71XaIM2m9zL.AC_UL210_SR210,210
The game is F2P and their premier squad are a valuable source of income for them. Just like buying a model kit, if you want a vehicle, you have to pay for it.
They have released many iconic vehicles for free, but have made some iconic vehicles available for a fee. They just made that kind of business decision.

This is exactly what I meant.

I bought LVT exactly because I want to make my USMC deck more complete. There is a free APC so if you just want to play the game you don’t need that, but I like US Marines.
It is also a totally legitimate business to generate revenue from users like me and I am happy with that.

However, if they later add a free LVT to the tech tree (even if it has a few less machine guns or is nerfed), my payment will be moot.
If that happens it won’t be fun for me and I will never buy a premier squadron again.

Anyway, they made a decision and put a price on the iconic vehicle. And people have already paid.
Then they should not make it free or create a free version.

There are plenty of other vehicles and weapons to use as premium squads that offer rarity and effectiveness. Normal gear used commonly in WW2 shouldn’t be locked behind a 60-dollar paywall, and you know it.

Instead of being lazy and pretending not to understand English, the devs should do actual research for weapons and vehicles with premium squad potential. You know it’s possible to do so because even an average Joe like me can do it.

1 Like

Okay Ron, I’m fine with free versions of those vehicles existing if you insist that much. :roll_eyes:
However, I will not accept a free version that detracts from the appeal of the premiere. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hm i think i agree with others, i look at it like
i have a m18, but if i want the one one with modified gun, that should be premium,
also like the perishing we just got, but if i want the super version, it should be premium, sort of thing

so yeah we should have the base model in TT, and the super cool modified versions etc, should be premiums
just me

2 Likes