Sd.Kfz.251/1 and LVT-4

Spoiler

Are they worthy of being premium vehicles?

I can understand that the M3 Halftrack is a premium squad for the Soviets, as no M3 Halftrack will be in the Soviet tech tree, and they were lend-lease after all. But the Sd.Kfz.251/1 and the LVT 4 were some of the most common vehicles in WW2. Call me crazy, but that doesn’t seem very unique to me, especially when there were far more unique variants of the APCs they could’ve added:

Spoiler

Sd.Kfz. 251/21

The Sd.Kfz. 251/21 was equipped with three 20mm 151 mgs (earlier models were equipped with 3 15mm 151 mgs). It was used for infantry support and anti-air purposes. This variant is also in War Thunder.

Sd.Kfz. 251/2

The Sd.Kfz. 251/2 was equipped with an 81 mm mortar.

Sd.Kfz. 251/16

The Sd.Kfz. 251/16 had two 14 mm flame projectors that could shoot flames up to 35 meters. They were equipped with two 700-liter tanks placed in the rear of the vehicle.

Spoiler

LVT-4 (F)

This British variant of the LVT 4 was equipped with two Wasp flamethrower mountings and two .30 cal Brownings.

British 20 mm variant LVT-4

This British variant of the LVT 4 was equipped with a 20mm Polsten cannon and two .30 cal Brownings.

LVT-A1

This LVT variant was equipped with a Ronson flamethrower. The Ronson Flamethrower could reach 120-130 yards. It carried two fuel tanks holding 210 gallons of Napalm thickened gasoline.

10 Likes

yesyes more halftracks please. I agree that the standard variants of these vehicles shouldn’t be premium, but honestly I am just glad we got them at all. I was convinced for a long time that we wouldn’t see them at all, in the pre-halftrack era. We have already got some unique halftracks from events, I hope more are planned, such as the flamethrower ones you suggested.

5 Likes

Lots of standard vehicles already premium before these :frowning:

Especially commonwealth :frowning:

5 Likes

There are many common weapons and vehicles turned into premium. Lewis gun, valentine, matilda, churchill, firefly, achilles, sten mk 3, chi ha, sniper g41, lvt a1, m8 greyhound, m24 chaffee, mosquito, su 76, p63, su-100, stug 3g, panzer 38t, ki 61 hei, and a6m3 are great examples

1 Like

Iirc Lewis Gun wasnt used as a ordinary weapon but as AA gun and homeguard weapon by WW2. Sniper G41 was rare (let alone that the G41 itself wasnt common). Agree on the redt though

2 Likes

I also love the halftracks and APCs. They are more realistic then rally points as a spawn location, and if they get blown up their shell remains which changes the battlefield more and adds more realism.

1 Like