BR1 needs some love/insentive/separate queue

As much as I enjoy building different squad presets (like BR1 British, BR1 Italian, BR3 German universal, etc.) I must admit that BR1 and BR4 are the most useless currently (both get uptiered 99.9% of the time) for thise who have higher tier stuff.

And while being uptiered is rarely a pleasant experience, I’d say that BR3 uptiered to BR5 is more balanced than BR1 to BR3.

Here is why:

1. BR1 struggles very much from the lack of APCs/Trucks that are BR2 by default, making you significantly less useful for the team as it has less spawn options compared to enemy with BR2-3
  2. BR1 doesn’t have access to MGs, while there are no weapon classes BR3 lacks compared to BR5
  3. Germany, USA, Japan don’t have BR1 paratroopers making it a real unbalanced pain to play against BR2-3 who can spam them behind your lines
  4. Japan is lacking not only paratroopers but also impact grenades (same as USSR here), which are currently the meta wunderwaffe, making it very hard to go against BR1-2-3 US forces who can have impacts and/or paratroopers and/or APC.
  5. Historical weirdness: obviously you build a BR1 lineup with something in mind, to enjoy iconic battles, not to sweat or dominate: I built an Italian African lineup with M14/41 tank and 75/32 M41 SPG with an obvious desire to be in Tunisia – why is the game sending me to Ardennes and Normandy? :confused:

Also while we are on the topic of Italy and Britain: before and if they become a faction, please let us now buy soldiers of the required nationality.

TLDR: BR1 needs some special treatment, or boosters, or strictly BR1 matchmaking (or max up to BR2) to not be whipping boys for BR3 sweats with impact grenades, flamethrowers, APCs, paratroopers and MGs.

@Euthymia07 @Marty_Hoffman @_TheLucky @James_Grove @Movmav

2 Likes

add to that that BR1 is by default the entrance for new players. for a totally green player with no idea, no map knowledge, no gear, no research and no silver, facing a full BR3 equipped and experienced enemy, it must be complete hell. uninstall button goes brrrr.

2 Likes

Yep since one of the selling points for the Merge was “at least you don’t face Tiger in your Stewart”, well I wonder how a Japanese day 1 player would feel facing 2 paratrooper squads, impact nades and spawn truck while having none of that even available for research at BR1.

1 Like

You can easily get any BR2 stuff in just few games.

Plus new players do play only against bots first few matches. They will definitely not encounter BR3 seal clubbers.

But ±0 MM would solve everything

Well, truck and impacts if your faction has them) will take some time, plus a new player can’t get any paratroopers at all right now while 3/4 factions will have them as early as BR2.

And from ‘veteran’ point of view, BR1 is fun to roleplay but so limited in terms of what you can do.

Italy BR1 bolties and shitty tanks (weirdly in Normandy) can put up a fight but can’t stop the American steamroller

1 Like