August Storm - Soviet-Japan New Style Campaign Pack Concept

PDF Version: Dropbox

Reddit version: https://www.reddit.com/r/enlistedgame/comments/1c45pnm/august_storm_new_style_campaign_pack_concept/

Other Campaign Concepts:
For King And Country - Op Mercury, Monte Cassino, Market Garden.
Turning the Tide - Operation Citadel & Bagration 43-44 Campaign Concept
(Awoke a Sleeping Giant - Manila, Iwo Jima 1945 Campaign)

29 Likes

PDF Link: Dropbox - August Storm Levels.pdf - Simplify your life

PDF: Dropbox - making august storm better.pdf - Simplify your life

18 Likes

Can’t wait! Means a nerf might not be so far behind!

2 Likes

I wish this wasnt fake
exhausted-wojak

14 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

It’s like daydreaming of the perfect girl. She doesn’t exist. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

:rofl:

8 Likes

Awesome work, hope to see more of these

2 Likes

if only Gaijin would give them more money to hire more devs right now they are working on scraps and it shows dev time is so long just for a single map so underwhelming.

7 Likes

Social credit+++

2 Likes

To be honest, i never really cared about this campaign in the past.

But now i do. Awesome Idea! Everything in this post is great.

I really want that campaign, it seems so unique… :smiley:

6 Likes

damn this is some really high quality stuff. +1

2 Likes

Very interesting indeed

1 Like

Updated with pt2, research tree. Of course comments, suggestions are welcome!

4 Likes

Nice work on pt 2! The medical trucks are cool but definitely not practical, both nations could probably get an apc instead.

I also included some additional Japanese weapons if you ever consider expanding this, as Japanese weapons can be somewhat difficult to dig up:

hino-komuro-1904-japan-experimental-rifle-v0-wiv4j276kofa1
Hino-Nambu rifle

20922155_25250
Japanese hotchkiss machine gun with heatshield, it was the predecessor to the type 11.

soldiers-of-the-fengtian-warlord-faction-with-a-german-mg-v0-i95ux8m1otta1
Bergmann MG 15 n/A
Bergmann MG 15 n/A machine guns were imported to China by Fengtian warlord Zhang Zoulin during the early 1920s; many of the arms sales that equipped his forces were brokered through Japanese dealers (the Fengtian Army was heavily backed by the Japanese government).

2 Likes

Re medical trucks; honestly not sure of their use, but it definitely adds flavor and prob works in lower tiers better, (although a Clan would prob break them if coordinated). Helps role-playing chiefly I think, and lots of ppl like to do that (look at all the sniper players).

Re the weapon additions; Im all for them, I just wanted to keep a limit on how many items to add from a design concept perspective. Also these would need a corresponding Soviet weapon in the tech tree and I think it would make them a little too strong. However, they make perfect sense outside of this design; prob as just regular tech tree additions (Jap deff needs more flavor).

2 Likes

I recommend looking at the work of @SzepWaxweiler for additional inspiration for russia guns, he has managed to find a lot of interesting stuff. Also the warthunder wiki has plenty of vehicles to pull from.

4 Likes

Love the “Death of Stalin” reference ! https://i-enlisted.cdn.gaijin.net/original/3X/5/6/56266826bede926054e31a2d541c6fbbf4056728.jpeg
Such a good performance from Jason as Zhukov !

2 Likes

Yeah I thought it fit here perfectly as an easter egg :sweat_smile: Such a fantastic performance too , my profile pic for a reason
meddles

2 Likes

DF and Gaijin pls

1 Like

Hello. Thank you for referring to me) The article is excellent, although I disagree with some points. I didn’t see some of the photos. It’s nice that the topic of the Soviet-Japanese War attracts people to the English forum. I will still make a few comments.

1 Sakhalin operation is more suitable for 1-3 BR. Of the high-level tanks, only the T-34-85 is found there. It is clear that Sakhalin will be an althistor anyway, but if you look at the range of equipment, you will see that the Red Army actively used outdated tanks like the T-26. In addition, Sakhalin is a rather mediocre province of Japan, the presence of experimental piece machines 4-5 BR of Japan looks strange.

2 There were no real fights in Mukden. There are several possible options here. First, the desert mountains of the Great Khingan.

Secondly, the Khutou fortified area on the Ussuri River, known for huge pillboxes and underground galleries.

https://www.photo-war.com/ru/archives/album4430.htm?page=1

Thirdly, some impoverished town (Hailar, Mudanjiang), for which fierce battles were fought.

3 I do not like the experimental T-26-4 and BT-7m, which differs from the conventional BT only in speed and cross-country ability. In Enlisted conditions, armor and cannon are important. Therefore, if you want to add something for 1-2 BR of the Soviet Union, then the BT-5 is better. Although it is worse, it still differs from the existing version of BT.

4 I am not ready to judge the Japanese 4-5 BR, but the Red army definitely does not need new 4-5 BR tanks. These are all experimental fakes that did not take a real part in the war.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed reply!

Re Sakhalin Operation/map. The BR can be wider ofcourse; I presume it being end war pushes expectations of higher BR naturally; but it doesnt have to be the case. Normandy for example is BR 1-5. I think Khalkhin Gol definitely fits as majority of terrain of August storm being far eastern steppe so deff makes sense as BR1-5 matchup.

Re Mukden; picked it for its focal strategic importance, but also the ability to have 3 different terrains, (steppe of Mongolia, sea and mountains of Sakhalin, Manchurian architecture urban area). As a replacement Hailar or Mudanjiang would fit very well.

Re armor; BT-7M I think fits representing the mobility of the desert operations but its flexible spot I agree. Japanese tanks are of course prototype or low production at best but fit the further BR brackets of the tree in terms of game balancing.

Of the high tier Soviet versions; ISU-152 and T-44 partook in the Far East operations, Objekt 248 is here for balancing/options reasons so that Soviet high tier no longer suffers the lack of choices (only IS2 which is fine but Boring).

Armor choice wise the options present BR5 as a variety of big gun/bad mobility (ISU152)
fast brawler (T-44), Heavy hitter (IS-2) and IS-100 for a balanced hv choice. Goal here is to appeal to vehicle players but also present a range of options to encourage variety. For Japan ChiRi 2 vs Ho-Ri give interesting options as well, with lower tier suitably furnished with low production SPGs + Chi-To.

Lastly no IS-3 here (in case anyone asks), even if there is some support of it ending up in the Far East, due to balancing. It automatically becomes the go to choice for Soviets instead of the multiple options outlined currently; which is bad for flavor. Also forum helpers mentioned they feel its not necessary yet; and aiming for concept realism.

1 Like