Add cooldown time for vehicles

Not a good suggestion.

Maybe would have been relevant BEFORE br got implemented.

Now, with br, pretty much every br5 vehicles are quite heavy. Since everyone at that br mostly use br5 vehicles, it would just penalize…

Everyone…

For no benefits whatsoever.

9 Likes

Well for aircraft this would actually prevents suicide charging; ie constant cycling of 20+ kamakazes on defense maps.

I think this suggestion would work, but likely more free vehicle slots should be available.

Has anyone suggested a decent mechanic to make the suicide diving impossible/unlikely?

2 Likes

Yes, airfields mechanics. For serious pilots, I reposted @Myrm1don suggestion somewhere earlier.

Instead of a senseless timer about weight that would be detrimental the higher br you get, starting off from some airfield further away would remove suicide bombing and plane cycling entirely.

7 Likes

No, it will only give more advantages for players that have more slots.

3 Likes

Having to wait nearly 6 minutes for a new 70 ton kingtiger because your last one got stuck on some random debris sure sounds so much nice now…

2 Likes

Good point; I think @Myrm1don s thread on air revamp should be honestly implemented in its entirety as a full air update revamp.

Re ground slots issues in OP; Im all for vehicle mechanics being more varied; I suggested the entire August storm campaign as a way to give Soviet/Jap vehicle players more complicated choices vs just 1 top tier best tank/aircraft

I would get behind maybe having a limit of 1 medium tank/1 heavy tank/1 spg on map at any one time to encourage ground vehicle variety BUT it would honestly need to be balanced with 1 more vehicle slot f2p minimum.

We Might get there in time, as continued addition of more vehicles will give players more options. & this vehicle limit exists in air combat now (1 fighter + 1 attacker) as is.

4 Likes

Br system, as failed as it is now (only 2 queues, it’s ridiculous) complicate things…
Because of this system, ppl are almost forced to min max their things… (unless veterans like us who don’t really care and like to goof around). At high br pretty much all vehicles are heavy, it’s the opposite at low br, there’s no heavies at all…

No one willingly brings light tanks in br 5, unless it’s all they have…

But even so, I wouldn’t mind because I never have more than one squad of any type in my lineups, I never bring a KT(H) AND a KT(P) for example.

Because as you say… we don’t have enough slots. :unamused:

3 Likes

Ah! You joke, but this was the prime Chad vehicle for all factions in deceased Heroes & Generals…

3 Likes

There are many ways to crack the extended time
Officials know this too
But and they respect most of the tactics
So they chose to cut the experience value in the end
Instead of being like a Black Lives Matter or anti-death penalty activist who doesn’t know what he’s doing, doing something he doesn’t even know what he’s doing.

The airport is still a design full of failures and shortcomings
This is why the Japanese army needed high-altitude birth planes
Because there are too many disadvantages to being born at the airport

Any multi-part genre cuts aimed at vehicles again would be laughable

Tanks are the most fragile things in the entire game
Is it difficult to take your No. 100 Iron Fist and M9 Rocket Launcher and massacre these iron coffins?
If you don’t have anti-tank weapons, you can also learn from the professional pilots in the Middle East and Japan.
At least they know what precision strike is

Or learn how those (professional) pilots and powerful air defense engineers fight against aircraft

Indeed!
Depending on if you crossed the gates or not, there’s citizenship status problems!

Also being aware you probably delayed many ppl vacation or business trip by blocking the plane (safety procedures. No take off if there’s a health emergency).

A possible way to reduce the incentive for suicide attacks from planes would be for each player to have a very limited number of planes available per map, providing some way to take them to a nearby base outside the active map to resupply or change squadrons.
This would imply that if you take care of the plane, you can continue using it, but if you are shot down or destroy your plane on purpose, then you no longer have it available (or you have one less to use from a very small allotted amount).

What shortcomings? Like not being able to use the suicide cycle again?

2 Likes

If such mechanic would exist - then the first time my tank that needed for ever to even reach the action gets blown up by some toxic suicide pilot, I might as well uninstall.

1 Like

False :-1:

Because planes also require fuel and have cooldown time.

What a bizarre “suggestion”. You might as well add repair cost finally to this game.

1 Like

False? Have you ever played as a tanker in this game?

There are many players that don’t play with vehicles at all - but still bring one plane in their vehicle slot, functioning as a quick deployable “predator missile”.

2 Likes

Not a good idea. Many players don’t even bring planes due to the lack of slots. So the side with more players bringing planes will have greater advantage.