Making Enlisted a Better Place - At low developer cost

Each issue of our weekly series focuses on a certain aspect of the game or a particular mechanic, in which we correct smaller, but noticeable bugs and add new interesting features.

Engineers
Engineers can now spot planted enemy mines. A red notification icon will appear within 4 meters of an engineer’s field of view representing an enemy AP or AT mine.

• This has been an incredibly requested feature on this forum, reddit, youtube, literally everywhere by everyone who’s ever played the game…
  • Another option is simply having a 5 sec deployment mine for AP mines.
  • Increases immersion, is more realistic, low dev cost, requested by players 1000x of times.
  • Makes engineers more relevant

With introduction of BR restricted paratrooper weapon crates we’re now ready to spread this feature to other squads. Engineers at battle rating 3-5 now build enhanced types of nation-specific Anti-aircraft emplacements where available:

ANTI-TANK TEAMS

•We’ve heard your calls about heavy tanks hiding out at the edge of the map. AT squads now have the option of building nation specific heavy AT guns at BR3-5. Note that the heavy AT gun must be researched and is only usable in high tier battles when built by AT squad engineers. Remember soldier, these guns are bigger, thus harder to place in urban areas but feature powerful anti-tank potential.
•AT Gunners now gain +20% AT-gun loader speed perk, increasing their lethality with the lethal emplacements. Now u can specialize your troops in these powerful tools.
•AT Gunners now can gain the “Can-Opener” battle award for most vehicle kills as an AT soldier (Minimum 3).

• There is a forum/reddit post every other day complaining about random OP tank or constant posts about greyzone camping vehicles, esp at high tier. 17pdr model already in game could work as a stand-in (w APCR).
  • Makes AT squads more relevant ingame, since it gives them a unique mechanic.
  • Gives agency to infantry players, they have a way of reaching out to a camping tank 200-400m away.
  • Nation-specific models add more immersion but add dev time Turning the Tide - Operation Citadel & Bagration 43-44 Campaign Concept
  • Why are we not allowed to call artillery on off-map positions?

HQ SPAWN POINTS – RADIO SQUAD EXCLUSIVE
Are you tired of waiting on other team mates to build more rallies? We hear you soldier!
Radio squad engineers now have the option of building HQ spawn points; these larger more noticeable spawn points require more resources than the traditional ones but spawn units faster, by requiring a shorter cool down. As well they boost the players own ability to call in bomber strikes or artillery strikes by 30% allowing for faster explosives on target (as long as they’re not destroyed).
With the addition of this specific class restricted spawn beacon players can still build their regular spawn point! That means that a player commanding a radio squad now has the option of having two spawn points out at the same time as well as an APC spawn point! (For a total of 3max at any one time.)
Maximum control of your team’s avenues of advance as well as free score from your team mates using your points. This will definitely please the (big-brained) strategy focused commanders in Enlisted.

• Idea from For King And Country - Op Mercury, Monte Cassino, Market Garden. New Style Campaign Concept
  • Repurposing old model destruction cap point, ie no new models
  • Making radio squad more relevant in game
  • Outside of greyzone camping, lack of cap points by players being built is the #1 most complained about aspect of the game. Playing as a dedicated engineer, Im only capped at 1 APC and 1 spawn point to support often a new player squad and its simply not enough.
  • Why not have a feature that further enriches the Radio squad into making them a quasi command/HQ squad?
  • An HQ point would be a large vulnerable comm radio as shown above; it would be harder to build than regular spawn point, also harder to protect with sand bags etc. But would allow dedicated enginer/support players to be better at supporting their team.

AIRCRACT BALANCING
• Powerful aircraft play is being balanced by more immersive features. For battles in the higher battle rating of 3-5 aircraft rearm points are now a further 1km away increasing time for rearming. Plane speed is now a more important consideration than ever.

• As well we want to limit unrealistic mechanic such as mass aircraft crashing. Players who loose an aircraft will be limited by a increasing 1min timer increment before being allowed to pilot an aircraft again. Practice flying these valuable machines in the training field pilot!

• Aircraft should be very powerful, but should also be realistically played, not suicide charged 22 times in a battle by insane players. Ruins immersion,
  • These balancing numbers can be made smaller (+500m/30sec aircraft time out) or larger depending on strength of airpower.
  • QOL change but also will allow for introduction of more deadly aircraft and make players play more realistically (vs kamakaze gameplay of today).

RIDER CLASS UPGRADE!
As Enlisted has evolved we further wanted to modernize and differentiate each specific class. With the addition of the motorized and mechanized infantry (APCs) the Rider class has become less relevant. As well some event vehicles and squads such as motorized anti-aircraft vehicles or scout cars fit in an awkward place of not being as important as an armored tank, but take up a valuable tank slot. As such we have merged the rider class as a multi-purpose motorized reconnaissance and anti-aircraft unit, able to equip fast reconnaissance motorcycles as before but now having the option of riding in dedicated scout cars and AA vehicles to aid your team. Here are the changes outlined below.

• As mentioned above Riders now mark targets for 1 minute long increments, and receive assist score on target vehicle/aircraft/emplacement destruction.
• Rider squads now feature up to 4 crew members, depending on equipped vehicle.

• These squads can now equip scout cars as well as anti-aircraft vehicles (SPAAGS). The following vehicles have been reassigned as rider vehicles with their respective crews:
o Soviets: BA-11 premium scout car, GAZ-MM (72K) event AA vehicle.
o Allies: M8 premium scout car, M13 MGMC AA halftrack, Daimler Mk2 scout car.
o Axis: AB41 scout car, Flakpanzer 1 event AA SPG, Sdkfz 234/2 scout car.
o Japan: Ta-Se AA SPG.

• Rider squads have been added to Soviet as well as Japanese factions.
• Due to increased power that these vehicles with Rider squads now have, most of them have seen their battle rating increase by 1.

Based on feedback we might control the number of rider squads allowed to spawn at any one time, but currently it stands at 2. Now players have the option of replicating a true motorized cavalry force, with nimble APCs, light scout and anti-aircraft vehicles and valuable tanks while not depriving their precious vehicle slots. Motorized cavalry is now here!

Air craft/ordinance Rework

1 Iconic/ FLavorfull/ Necesary weapons to add per nation:

UK Ordnance, RCL, 3.45in Mk 1 BR4; 88mm recoiless gun was developed as a successor to the PIAT; it was issued to units for extensive trials at end of war. Primary HESH round damaged armor up to 180mm thick. Also optional 120mm penetrating HEAT round.

Soviet BM-37 37mm shovel mortar BR3; “When the mortar grenades started falling around him, Hans finally understood why all the Soviet troops kept assaulting with shovels in hand. Would his descendants?” – Battle of Artemivsk (now Bakhmut), 1943
A novel shovel variant, able to fire 6 light fragmentation grenades. Requires placement like a mortar and is somewhat inaccurate. Soviet riflemen never run out of things to throw at the enemy.

• Taken from Turning the Tide - Operation Citadel & Bagration 43-44 Campaign Concept
  • Actually saw service in 1st half of war.
  • Meme weapon, makes USSR more disctinct as they were the only nation to attempt this
  • Weak 37mm rifle grenade round, no sights to aim gives a large spread as a mortar, short range, likely mostly wounds
  • Capitalizes on current UA/RU War memes , ie helps with advertising/marketing.

Axis 100rd MG
Bergmann MG15na machinegun BR4: A 100 round drum magazine vintage machinegun with steady 500rpm rate of fire
MG-81 belt-fed machinegun BR5; A replacement for the already powerful MG-15, the MG-81 comes with 100rd belts and a monstrous 1,400rpm rate of fire.

Type 97 20mm ATR with Ju-Te Dan 200mm AT Rifle grenade BR4; Famous anti-tank rifle now equipped with ultra-heavy AT rifle grenades.

30 Likes

I am saying this again. You should be working for DF. Period.

7 Likes

Give me the shovel mortar
They should become a universal melee weapon

2 Likes

Airfields please :smile:

3 Likes

It was actually distributed lots early in the great patriotic war; just was superseded by other grenade launchers and dedicated mortars. Should likely be a BR3 locked entrenchment tool, with high silver cost.

Based on its large availability, but likely poor/med performance, it doesnt fit as event or gold order weapon.

You have my vote! This is just the very simplest and easiest ideas I could group for Making Enlisted Better.
I think Air rework should come with all your goodies, if/when they ever get around to it.

1 Like

I don’t want to see any more Pacific jokes
I don’t want to repeat the objections I’ve made in the past.
Just a brief mention

Think about the environment before Level 5 Japan
I guess most pilots should be aware of this
It is almost difficult for the Japanese army to gain air superiority without high-altitude rebirth aircraft.
In most cases, they will be shot down by the US military while their acceleration is incomplete.
Excellent pilots can completely block the area around the airport and deprive the enemy of high-altitude support.
Even if you are not under attack, you can only choose to fly at low altitude to increase the chance of being shot down.
Or waste a lot of time on accelerating and promoting and miss key opportunities.
Think about the speed of those early airplanes and bombers
When you fly to the war zone, all your teammates have been killed

You see a future that satisfies your own emotional values
I see a future where a group of warriors are defeated because they don’t have effective high-altitude support.

there would be no point to “repeating” your objections. You made them in the Suggestion thread, and your “objections” were debunked with actual testing and video footage.

you need new objections.

Pot meet kettle. The OP as well as the airfields idea was to attempt to fix a kamakize cycle type of gameplay that by your own admission, you favour.

But anyway, it is not my intention to clutter this topic with ground already covered. (by the way, airfields could still be added without making any other changes…)

2 Likes

If I remember correctly
What you took out was the test in the AI ​​competition.
He has no consideration of value in actual combat environment
Because nothing will try to knock you down or block your respawn point

Without prior precautions
Paratroopers can complete the process of resurrecting and massacring small strongholds in 60 seconds.
Infantry can do the same job in 1 minute and 30 seconds

Currently, a high-altitude aircraft operating at a speed of 600 takes approximately 40 seconds to complete a standard bomb release.
If you choose to take off, you will arrive at the battlefield at low altitude in about 1 minute.
Even if your plane successfully arrives, it will lose sight and dive angle due to insufficient height.
Attack with the risk of being shot down and self-destructing

Or do you want to spend 2 minutes raising it to the standard height and then drop bombs on the lost stronghold?
Maybe the enemy is already on the way to the next stronghold at this time.

So my conclusion is
Your enemies will thank you for the late bomb

Unfortunately
The existence of this tactic is necessary
It has necessary value from various angles

Usually about 70% of your teammates are a group of babies who have no fighting ability or even worse than AI.
They won’t do anything to help the war situation
Rather than building respawn points and detours, they prefer to hide behind and cry and occupy positions on vehicles.

I wouldn’t have used this tactic before
But in this bad environment
I had to spend money to buy a whip to whip the enemy
And help these babies blow up all the enemies on the ground.
Only in this way will they have a chance to reach the front of the stronghold.
Instead of being used as a cash machine
The other two normal players can have more time for tactical support and ground suppression.
I just need to use paratroopers and spawn units and smoke bombardment to share their pressure when appropriate.
This is called division of labor and cooperation

Instead of joining those monkeys being suppressed by the enemy
Or it fails because there is a better method but you are unwilling to use it.
Finally, he protested against the enemy’s use of immoral tactics.
(Sounds a lot like the guys protesting against Gray Zone Tanks and Mines)

Lets not derail this thread. If you want to discuss it, happy to in my thread

responded here

2 Likes

plsno; germany has enough; the Bergman is good enough, while also being “funny” because it’s another MG15, and frankly fits better as a “Volksturm weapon” dug up in the last days of berlin.

The Allies desperately need a lewis gun; so do the japanese with their type 92 (ground)… consolidation of the BAR line and the Bren Line would be good here earlier…

1 Like

The mg 15 is really underperforming for its br. It has insanely bad dispersion and recoil

1 Like

so does the madsen when you fire it from the shoulder.

You are comparing soviet t2 mg to german t5 mg. Of course madsen is bad it is low tier. I would expect a bit more from t5 mg

Just toss grenade to get rid of AP mine in not difficult or just shoot them

2 Likes

the MG-15 (not the MG-15nA) is a gun designed for aircraft mounting adapted haphazardly for ground combat,
hopefully the upcoming “bipod fix” will fix it but expecting a 1200 round rof with a full sized rifle round to be “stable” is kind of asking a bit much;

maybe reduce the rof range to something a bit more reasonable like a flat 1000-1050 (which is what it lists on wikipedia)…

Or give the germans another option for t5. Either way the mg 15 is way too bad for t5

1 Like

According to the OP’s proposal they’re asking for the addition of both the MG-15nA (1916) (which I have no problem with, it’s a belt fed Mg with a nice reasonable 550 rpm rof); and the MG81 (with a 1400 rpm rof; which I do have a problem with)…

if anything the MG-81 should have the same recoil problem as the MG-15 (1932), lol.

edit: if they want that (the MG-81) I’d want a (Tech Tree) Vickers K, and Stinger for the Wallies, (in addition to the lewis gun for the Wallies, and type 92(lewis) for the Japanese)… idk for the Soviets…

1 Like