Turning the Tide - Operation Citadel & Bagration 43-44 Campaign Concept

Ok hear me out…

Turning the Tide on Reddit Enlisted: https://www.reddit.com/r/enlistedgame/comments/1cd7t8p/turning_the_tide_operation_citadel_bagration_4344/
https://www.reddit.com/r/enlistedgame/comments/1cd7tzr/turning_the_tide_operation_citadel_bagration_4344/

Dropbox PDF: Dropbox

Other Campaign Concepts:
For King And Country - Op Mercury, Monte Cassino, Market Garden.
August Storm - Soviet-Japan Campaign Pack

30 Likes

Not gonna lie. Havent read it. But you had me at “kursk”

And all the pictures of the stuff I want Lol

*edit Also, I dont generally rate tigers…but I abuse the Hell out of the the Pz Bef Wg in warthunder"

Baiting the 200m armor hull shot lol…and that reverse speed :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Mama Mia Thats A Spicy Meatball GIF - Mama Mia Thats A Spicy Meatball GIFs :sweat_smile:

Take ur time reading through it, few easter eggs in there, and generally tried really hard to provide new power but also balance &value at the same time.

2 Likes

Before anyone mentions the bigger tanks, and bigger meaner airplanes, as this has been brought up on reddit; here’s my reply:

"I get the concerns about increased firepower, but the flip side is that were purposefully nerfing the game when these things were IRL powerful.

• The August storm concept I created few weeks ago tries to counter this by providing medic 2 class with vehicle ambulance feature that restocks squads without wasting spawn tickets.
    August Storm - New Style Campaign Pack CONCEPT

• You’ll note in Pt1 the radio squad now gets a feature to boost the spawn ticket amount by +40 once per game. If that becomes meta its extra 40% spawn tickets when used by entire team (unless its a clan its completely unlikely but +5-20% could happen regularly).

• Re powerful plane loadout; The P47 and Ju188 exist, and even more powerful systems existed during late war and after; Enlisted is gonna get there sonner or later , so id rather think of concepts where these weapons are countered by other mechanics (strong AA buff in part 1 above for example)"

2 Likes

The fire power those “bigger tanks” brings is no more than whats already in game. (same guns). Or in the case of the Derp guns, MASsive reload.

More armor, Bigger and slower just makes them even easier targets for the usual suspects (bombs, fausts, etc)

also, I am not familiar with this one? I dont recall it in warthunder?

*edit…never mind…its there…didnt see it first time

3 Likes

Shes in there:
https://wiki.warthunder.com/Pe-2-359

To be clear; im all for more late war powerful content;

Im also for:
-BR6 bracket for extra powerful weapons
-airfield mechanics as per Myrmidons proposal
-less rifle grenade ammo if need be
-limits on suicide cycling etc
-anything that increases player agency (ambulance mechanics, counters like better AA/AT as per this proposal etc etc)

These just fall outside the scope of proposal and are game-balance dependent.

5 Likes

Love the rider rework concept, Though I think the Sdkfz 6/2 AA halftrack should also be a rider squad (where would the infantry sit?). These are some dreams vehicles I would love to see in the game, but there might be an over-emphasis on vehicles in relation to new infantry content. I don’t think the radio “reinforcement request” would ever be used, its kinda boring and doesn’t really matter much. Nation and BR specific AT and AA buildables are a must-have. Though I think the AT buildables on the premium AT squads seem too strong, seems pay-to-win.

I don’t have the opportunity to really delve into this post tonight, but overall very good. I enjoy reading these fake campaign updates and I hope you continue to make them.

3 Likes

“Kursk BR 3-5”

No God please no.

What’s the point of adding historical battles with specific dates like Kursk 1943 if we’re gonna have completely bonkers stuff right away: Tiger 2, IS-2, T-34-85, STG-44 didn’t exist back then, ASs didn’t exist in general.
And obviously didn’t participate in the battle of Kursk.

If Kursk is ever added, it needs to to be topped at KV-1, so BR3.

If we’re just talking about high BR Eastern Front maps which are badly needed to free up Stalingrad from there, there are a bunch of options:

• Bagration
  • Budapest
  • Prague
  • Vienna
  • Bratislava-Brno
  • Vistula-Oder
  • East Prussia
  • Courland
  • or any random central European city/village to not have cringe time travelling problems

KV-220?? There was ONE prototype made in 1941.
KV-2 for high BR, so Berlin as well?

No, thanks. Looks ridiculous.

Was Walther shotgun ever used in military service?
Why would it be “pressed”?

In conclusion: yes I want late war Eastern Front maps too.
But no, I don’t want prototypes and imaginary guns.

1 Like

this is genius, im all in!
that top STG44 is actually a mkb42W, im all in on making that thing more useful.
the one below that is mp43/1, but still., maybe we could have the opportunity to introcude the MP-44 this way? some sort of middle ground, since that gun actually did exist, a prequel to STG44

anyways kudos to the effort

2 Likes

MKb42(W) getting gl would be a nice way to implement it, restrict its number (since its GO) and make it interesting it again. Two birds, one stone.

2 Likes

something along the lines of ‘‘limited offer, get it now before you can never get it again’’ and once its gone, its super upgradable, you can choose if you want a bayonet, or a grenade launcher

Your entire line of complaints lies in the point that Kursk should historically be up to BR4.
Im fine with maybe a custom campaign for an event of up to BR4 content; thats probably the closest solution.

Again, im working with the game balance state as it currently is. BR rework would probably be a much more boring campaign concept to explore; as you probably already have in dozens of posts. Darkflow said current BR system is staying, im working from that.

Re KV, I dont see the complaint about the sole chassis number 150013 Pz.Bfw. VI that saw service… you’ve thankfully discovered why theyre premiums.

Otherwise, if you feel the two largest most massive battles of eastern front dont deserve a campaign, I dont know what to tell ya ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Thank you for the correction, ill update it! Actually making it a slightly less powerful weapon helps balancing. :handshake: :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I remember correctly T-34-85 is BR4, and it didn’t exist during Kursk.
So the highest BR that should be present there is BR3.

I want more eastern front content probably more than anyone else, but with the current skewed BR system in regards to actual historical battles, I would much prefer a random town or village somewhere in Central Europe as a map.

All good points so ill take them point by point:

Though I think the Sdkfz 6/2 AA halftrack should also be a rider squad (where would the infantry sit?).

This one follows the previous August storm concept where I use the 4man apc squads as a basis for some AA vehicles.
Re infantry riding I presumed with these trucks they just sit around the AA gun, it works for the Bren carrier somehow??

Idea here is add multiple ways for Axis team to have several AA guns in battle, ie on rider vehicle and since their current Sdkfz7 halftrack is honestly kind of shite.

Honestly not sure whats the best solution here (4man apc truck AA as apc spawn point or rider AA squad)

These are some dreams vehicles I would love to see in the game, but there might be an over-emphasis on vehicles in relation to new infantry content.

Its hard to add more infantry equipment to German tree, without upsetting balance or crowding it.
Also rider vehicles are a sorta infantry addition, since they buff the scout infantry basically by adding more men.

I don’t think the radio “reinforcement request” would ever be used, its kinda boring and doesn’t really matter much.

Honestly secretly this might be the strongest feature; it adds anywhere from +5-40% to attacking team if whole team uses 1 radio man (clans could). Its basically a way to make:

1. Radio squads more relevant by making them semi-HQ squads if that makes sense.
  2. A safety valve on how strong airpower/tanks are getting.

Nation and BR specific AT and AA buildables are a must-have.

Agree, theyre way overdue and players want a counter to grey zone tanks for a long time. instead of map changes just give them cool flavorfull tools to reach out at range and punish the campers.

Though I think the AT buildables on the premium AT squads seem too strong, seems pay-to-win.

1. You want premiums that players want, I just designed both squads around something that I would really like to see.
  2. The “stronger” premium AT guns are balanced by few things. They take more time / engineer resources to build. Theyre actually bigger than even the heavy AT guns for f2p players. Esp the 12.8cm Pak44 is HUGE. Ie trying to build them on uneven ground will be a NIGHTMARE; and theyll be huge targets once built. I do think the “official” rate of fire of 8-10 rounds per minute on 100-128mm guns is a bit crazy; ill remove that in V2 and would prob leave it as a balnce dependant thing.

I think your biggest gripe is with the BR system here, not this proposal. And to some degree, like alot of the player base I agree. (T3485 br4, Fernidand br5 but saw Kursk for example).

As a historical concept, Id rather have the map and the vehicles ingame, under current ‘flawed’ BR matchmaking, and then have custom battle or further pressure on historical modding, vs not having the content. Alot of players want the cool toys, and generating extra revenue for Darkflow that comes with it.

1 Like

I’m all up for more content.
And even more excited for Eastern Front maps.
The last one we got was STZ back in December 2022, more than 2 years ago.

But since we have these BRs now without the ability to fine tune equipment like it was often done with campaigns, I don’t want “fake Kursk” or “bastardised Leningrad”.

I would much rather campaign for the following generic maps:

1 Like

Post community discussion Version 1.1 change notes:

• AT Gunners now gain +20% AT-gun loader speed perk, increasing their lethality with the lethal emplacements. Now u can specialize your troops in these powerful tools.
  • AT Gunners now can gain the “Can-Opener” battle award for most vehicle kills as an AT soldier (Minimum 3).
  • Both premium AT squad AT guns have a slightly lower rate of fire, offset by the AT loader speed perk above.

Air Play Changes

• Powerful aircraft play is being balanced by more immersive features. For battles in the higher battle rating of 3-5 aircraft rearm points are now a further 1km away increasing time for rearming. Plane speed is now a more important consideration than ever.

• As well we want to limit unrealistic mechanic such as mass aircraft crashing. Players who loose an aircraft will be limited by a increasing 1min timer increment (1min, 2min, 3min etc) before being allowed to pilot an aircraft again. Practice flying these valuable machines in the training field pilot!

Research Level Change:

• BM-37 shovel mortar easter egg note change
  • Do-217E2 “slower than Ju188” note change
  • Pe-2-359 “Peshka” nickname added
  • Stg44 with GGP40 GL changed to MP43 wtih GGP40. This creates a healther balance where player has to select the best AR (Stg44) or more flexible choice (MP43 GGP).

Enlisted Forum OP update to reflect this.

2 Likes

I would make one change. Instead of the Porsche Tiger, add the Elephant, and instead of the KV-220, I would add the SU-152.

Yes, that’s a very cool idea.

1 Like

Fernidand is already prevelant in all the pictures of the Kursk campaign as you’ll notice and the top tier research item for Germany in the campaign research tree. Tiger P makes sense thematically since it was a Fernidand company leader tank thereafter.

Su-152 would also be a perfect fit, but it was competing with KV-2 in the research tree, and im trying to use models that are already in the game engine where preferable as a campaign concept thats easier to develop.

As well the ISU-152 was already conceptualized in the August storm campaign for Manchuria 45 scenario, so some duplication there, except ISU generally has better stats

I think SU-152 would be a very good f2p event vehicle for a 43-44 related marathon event; based on above inclusions.

O7

2 Likes