Enlisted needs more generic maps now

Having Tiger 2s in Stalingrad is insane, it definitely needs to be unlinked from BR (3), 4 and 5.

On the other hand, Soviet BR 4-5 would be stuck with just Berlin.

As much as I love historical city recreations like Berlin and Stalingrad, I believe now more than ever Enlisted needs some generic maps that can avoid historical inaccuracies and work for many BRs, or even fronts.

1. Generic German town

This map would fit for Soviet, German and USA BRs 3-4-5 as it can be located anywhere from East Prussia to Western Germany, and would not look out of place either with T-34 vs Pz IV or Firefly vs Tiger II.

1. Soviet steppe village

This map in summer/early autumn colors would fit for Soviet and German BR 1-2-3 as battle stage for anything from Barbarossa 1941, advance towards Stalingrad 1942, Kursk area 1943 or even Khalkhin Gol steppe between USSR and Japan in 1939 for BR 1.

1. Belarusian lakes and forests

Belarusian SSR saw WW2 combat on its soil from 1941 till 1944, so Soviet and German BRs 1-2-3-(4) could all easily be placed there without any “wait this is clearly obnoxious time travelling” moments.

20 Likes

Think Moscow is already pretty generic and Seelow “Heights” is literally a village with some railroad and two bunkers I think.

2 Likes

More winter maps please !!! :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

Considering “A random part of rural Europe during the early 20th century” is basically a bunch of farms, forest and grass, it should be relatively easy to implement with pre-existing assets.

On snowy maps, it’s even easier given that the snow conceals features that would make it easy to recognize locations.

4 Likes

Actually, OG Moscow map is pretty generic. Only Berlin, Normandy beach, Stalingrad are very representative to real life.
Tunis and Pacific and Berlin railway are pretty generic too.

Also, since the merge, you basically give up on HA. There’s no need to even represent a certain place on the earth… Just some random scenes that dont looks weird to play.

Well except it as clearly Russian architecture buildings and an Orthodox Christian monastery, so it is rather generic but still limited to about this area by common sense:

Something like Poland/Czechia/Slovakia/Romania would see more Catholic architecture

No, thanks.
Stalingrad should always stay Stalingrad and Berlin should always stay Berlin.

4 Likes

Industrial and agricultural buildings are very similar throughout the USSR. The same with railway infrastructure, and, of course, the fortified areas will be quite the same type.

2 Likes

but why cannot moscow then be at higher tier and seelow at lower?

Exactly. Just open up the matchmaker to allow for any maps at any tier.

1 Like

I dont want to see t26 in berlin. All the generic looking maps should be renamed and opened for all tiers. Maps like d-day, berlin, and stalingrad should stay at their tiers

2 Likes

No. We don’t need KT in Stalingrad or T-26 in Moscow.

I literally spelled out the solution to add new “universal” maps to have less “WTF” moments, not more of them.

t26 is fine in moscow and maybe in sgrad

Ok fair and more generic maps would be awesome especially in Tunisia which i was hoping was going to be more armor-focused with long range engagements

1 Like

I disagree. We don’t need “generic” maps. It’s extremely simple, all they have to do is just add more maps in general. And I should not have to specify they should be historic

They can certainly fix the BR 4 in Stalingrad issue. It’s very simple

I’m not sure if the Stalingrad 4 issue is because of the particular populations of each side or the amount of maps and with Berlin being the only late war Soviet campaign. What we need is another mid to late war Soviet campaign, that way BR 4 has another place to go

1 Like

Why not “German town” where everyone can fight though?

But ok you want actual historical maps only?

Ok, let’s check for example Kursk 1943: irl had Panther and Tiger, but not IS-1/2 or T-34-85, so ingame can only be BR3 and absolutely not BR4.

Historical maps lead to strick restrictions on stuff that appeared there.

Maybe Operation Bagration?
It had T-34-85 and IS-2 and Panther, Tiger, Tiger 2.
But there is not one Bagration map, that can be exactly “Belarusian lakes and forests” which could also host the 1941-1943 events as well like Barbarossa

1 Like

I love how people can get confused, T-26 was deployed during the battle of Moscow.
But it’s not impossible to see T-26 in Berlin even though its BR1 because a funny player could equip it in his deck.
Im 99,9% sure that T-26s were long scrapped by the battle of Berlin.

I mean it would be the early Tiger and Panther models so I think it’s fine.

Also not to go there but “just flank it bro”. A T-34-76 can certainly take on heavier vehicles. And you can still certainly damage the enemy, it’s not like the vehicle is worthless if you’re not one shotting

Mabey they should add the T-34-57

iunno what does anyone mean with “generic maps” but i definitely would welcome “more maps” anyway. unless they are full of shit. like, “great, my squad is stuck in some corner” shit or “… my squad one by one are stuck in the remains of a tent…” and other similar definitely not intentional but existing issue.