Once Again Japan Motorbikes for Pacific

from my two previous posts about Japan, I continue with another post for Japan, I won’t get tired of asking for it for Japan and for the Soviets too, but not being an expert on Soviets, I won’t focus on them. Today I’m here to talk about at least two possible motorcycles to add to the Pacific campaign, one being premium and the other tech tree

1. Rykou Type 97: it was a copy of a Harley-Davidson,let’s be honest about they used the license who they adquire it and worked between 1935–1945 and here is a nice web for check about the motorbike itself, this one could be a good premiun option, it can have few different machine guns:
    bk2-e1552244899687

Type97
    Captura de pantalla 2024-05-21 143949

2. Kurogane Type 95: it was still another copy from Harley, but from 1939, this one for me it’s the version who should go for tech tree, for more info check the same web who includes data from the museum they are exposed :>

27aa271cdc03999f47e4277c0f30040d1d53c62dv2_hq
570a18d32512fba50349814dd8270768
53580c78fe7533714481cbb3e860764c
f6b4806d2ccc32af8979a2c1a4c51acfcdc853e3v2_00

Also in case they do events, this could be fine captured soviet motorbike for use, I don’t know a lot of it, just is soviet, if anyone have info would love know
weapon_type11_12

14 Likes

Bikes would be extremely bad in pacific. There’s a lot of little trash objects that would either blast you over or get you stuck on them.

2 Likes

Nice suggestion! Surely we need Japanese sidecars regardless of whether it’s useful or not!
About Japanese sidecars I added some information below. Names of them are bit complicated…

Japanese army and navy used three types of domestic motorcycles: Type 93, Type 95 and Type 97 and multiple Haley-Davidson.
Also, please be careful that army and navy used different names for each vehicles.
(Type 93 sidecar = MG vehicle Model 1 / Type 95 sidecar = MG vehicle Model 2 / Type 95 sidecar with MG = MG vehicle Model 2 Kai 1)

According to naval document, they equipped 11th Year Type LMG or Type 96 LMG. They load 1,440 ammunitions for it.
Also, looking at photos, crews often equipped SIG M1930 SMGs.

Type 93 motorcycle with sidecar (九三式側車附自動二輪車) / Machine gun vehicle model 1 (機銃車1型)

This is just a copy of Harley-Davidson.
Japanese army called it “Type 93 motorcycle with sidecar”, and Japanese navy called it “Machine gun vehicle model 1”.
Please note that Naval MG vehicle Mod.1 contains both Type 93 and imported Harley.

Overview of Type 93 sidecar written for adoption of this vehicle says it is almost the same as the Harley-Davidson motorcycle that we already use, but the minimum ground clearance has been changed to be higher for riding on rough terrain.

Shanghai SNLF during Shanghai incident with MG vehicle Mod.1

Image source (wikipedia)

Type 95 motorcycle with sidecar (九五式側車附自動二輪車) / Machine gun vehicle model 2 (機銃車2型)

This is just a copy of Harley-Davidson.
Japanese army called it “Type 95 motorcycle with sidecar”, and Japanese navy called it “Machine gun vehicle model 2”.
It was manufactured by Japan Internal Combustion Engine K.K. (日本内燃機株式会社)
This company was known for their bland of “Kurogane” three wheeler trucks, so it was often called “Kurogane sidecar”.

In Japanese navy, there were two version: MG vehicle Model 2 and MV vehicle Model 2 Kai 1.
Difference of them is equipment of MG mount: Kai 1 installed it. Therefore, for game, Kai 1 is suitable.

Machine gun vehicle Model 2 Kai 1, used by Kure 5th SNLF

Image source (twitter)

Type 97 motorcycle with sidecar (九七式側車附自動二輪車)

This is improved variant of Harley-Davidson. It is military version of Rikuo (licensed Harley) with some improvement.

It was manufactured by Sankyo Internal Combustion Engine K.K. (三共内燃機).
Different to others, it did not had Naval name.

Image source (wikipedia)

2 Likes

This is the absolute best angle they could possibly choose to take the picture.

Strong independent MG cart needs no motorbike to carry it around.

3 Likes

I remember, my friend, just was giving two examples, but let’s cross finger

1 Like

same said about APCs

too much water, while the sidecar looks enough like a boat i don’t think it will float. Bikes work in the desert and can work in the snow but the Pacific is just the wrong place.

they will be fine

pacific maps need to be changed, in addition they need to add pacific theatre maps that aren’t some rocky small islands with tiki-hut style villages, but are instead areas that are clearly “part of an economy” I mean the current maps are all on the solomon Islands, and really paint a poor picture of the whole place; when there was at least a fair degree of plantation agriculture;

at least have like old tobacco tins, discarded bully beef cans, etc. the locals weren’t completely isolated from the outside world.

moreover there should be more “pacific theatre” maps, not just a “pacific campaign”, in fact the “Pacific Campaign” should be renamed to “The Solomon Islands Campaign”.

agreed; they need to add a DUKW (or Terrapin) transport for the allies, and it’s Japanese equivalent the Su-Ki; think there are probably soviet and german equivalents as well…

Well, they could be useful in the future if Japan gets maps against China or USSR

1 Like

I don’t see the point of doing this. With the current name “Pacific War” dev can just directly add map from other place in Pacific without creating new campaign.

VW schwimmwagen for germans. Dont know what soviets could get

there are also roads.
Bikes have extreme problems on all the other maps - Ardennes is grooves and bumps all the way, and also slanted passages that make the motorcycle slide sideways. Berlin is bumpy as hell and has a lot of rubbish, my bike flipped over 2 times in one day in Berlin when it got throw out like a ragdoll into the air after rolling on something sticking out of the ground - when it comes to “trash objects” it beats Japan single-handedly. Normandy is a lot of up-and-down where the motorcycle barely rolls uphill, with some flat maps like airfield or manor but mostly it’s not very bike-friendly. Ah, and there are some really nice flat maps in Japan as well, on the other hand, like the one with the airfield, and Bibilo Hill has quite a lot of wide, flat areas.
There would be no problem actually. The Japanese bike just needs to be modeled

1 Like

nah; I think a new campaign would be nice to see, would make more sense of the “Pacific Theater”.
After all, if the Bulge and normandy are both different Campaigns, I’m not sure why the pacific would have a different scheme

There is basically no difference lol.

The only place you can see Bulge is a different campaign is at the customization since you need Winter clothes for it. At the matchmaking and replay Bulge is part of Normandy. Since you don’t really need winter clothes for Pacific map, there is no point to split it.

also motorbikes BR 1 please.

no reason to be BR 2 as far as I can see.

BR1 bikes should be without side kart :PP

1 Like

137 days and no response from Darkflow. Interesting…

probably the DUKW as well, there might be something more for the germans that also didn’t get produced; (given the Swimmenwagen is an ambhibious jeep/car/ATV rather than a truck)… the unarmored tracked Landwasserschlepper slow and unarmored… then again the schwimmenwagen might make a good counterpart to the Ford GPA.