Better belt fed MG34 an MG42

I already mentioned this idea several times but it was never a stand alone suggestion. Since it’s kind of important to me an I want to know what is support for it, I decided to post this.

I’m willing to bet my head that when we get mentioned weapons, they will look like this.
imageimage

Some ppl may be ok with this, I’m not. This is boring, lazy copy paste.

My suggestion is to use a mechanic that already exists in game to make those weapons a bit more special and unique than simple +50 ammo. I mean something similar to rifle grenades.

LMGs (not only german but all belt fed ones) would also have an equipment slot where ammo box can be located.
After pressing “U”, soldier would change short belt (50 rounds) to long belt (100+ rounds). Player would be free to change between belts at will during combat.
In exchange for more ammo, player will completely loose ability to shoot when not bipoded. (Since mounting is (and will remain) crap, there may be other downsides instead e.g. no sprint.)

Imo this way is much better as it uses already existing mechanics and helps to avoid copy-paste equipment.

Of course we may argue that what matter is skill, not length and 50 rounds is enough.
But truth is that sooner or later those weapons will arrive and I’d prefer them in this, not lazy form.

34 Likes

Good idea. Hope this catches dev’s eye.

2 Likes

You made me realize I need glasses.

+1000 to everything else.
As Im not exactly fan of idea making all LMG’s OHK at all ranges, giving option to actually have enough bullets to sustain fire is by far best solution to give them much needed buff without making them OP as fk.

3 Likes

Join the 4-eyed!

1 Like

I disagree about having belts switchable during gameplay. I find it a little silly

I get the sentiment but I’ve kind of grown used to the variant system we have in game. It’s created a lot of opportunities for Premiums, Events, even just new “campaign” unlocks. I could just see belt fed MGs being a future unlock in tech trees

I think ideally they could just have belts be a customizable addition like bayonets. You choose whether you want a 50 round drum, belt, etc

2 Likes

Why? It’s literally what german MGs were supposed to do.

As I’ve said, imo those are lazy, copy&paste unlocks.
I don’t want to grind exactly the same gun but with more ammo. It’s like making a tank a new unlock 2 lvls higher because it has one different shell type.

I want unlocks that do matter and are worth the time I’ve spent grinding.

Kind of boring and would require multiple items (50, 100, 150, 200 rounds magazines to place into slot).
Of course I’d also like to have a good modification system but I simply don’t think we will have one.

2 Likes

Hopefully the MG rework bringing more belts will also bring better 3D models than guns pulling out whole belts from thin air, or from a horribly stiff and static 10 rounds belt.

(I lost any hope about bipods at this point)

3 Likes

Same here, i have lost hope for working bipods.

1 Like

In the first place, they should rework visusal aspect of beltfed weapons. Looks just hilarious rn.

2 Likes

literally, the reason why the US mg has a belt is because it didn’t have a box like german variants.

The devs didn’t know how to deal with that and animate them belts, so this is what we got.

in general having a loose belt should be kinda terrible for shooting on the move, yet I am totally okay that for balance reasons the US mgs just get a working belt.

Just kinda stupid that it had to be a 100 round belt, could have been 50 instead.

3 Likes

For my idea I was thinking about M1919 with 50-round mag and option to change for longer one. So basically all LMGs would have this function, no matter how it was irl.

3 Likes

Why does it take 2-3 rounds of 7.92 to kill some one ( I know for “ balance”) but you can balance it in other ways like having the battlefield V system

( I am Talking about MGs)

3 Likes

I would rather have the belt as part of the “weapon attachment” system. Grenade launcher and scopes should also be included.

This is what I always say, keep stuff accurate and balance them elsewhere, cuz otherwise it feels just like paper guns

1 Like

I totally agree

2 Likes

upvote!

1 Like