Suggestion for a Rider's Class Rework - Concept idea

:warning: This Suggestion is not a priority. :warning:

it can wait.

but something that i would love to see in, and for the future, plus, it doesn’t have to be necesarelly what it’s being suggested, but it would be highly apreciated as it would enhance the whole experience

1(1)

the reason why this suggestion exist in the first place, it’s because currently the rider squad is probably one of the worst squad in this game in term of usefulness ( and in my honest opinion of course ). the premium one it’s somewhat fine, but the free to play one, not so much.

such a shame since i see a lot of potential with it. which i’ll cover in this concept idea.

plus, it’s somewhat annoying to spawn and get to use the enemy faction vehicles.
( as an example, Train Mode, where russians get to use the german vehicles… or german at normandy that has to use the USA willy cars, and also the other way around where the USA get to use the german vehicles.

bad thing is, cars don’t get used very often, and if those gets used, you find them abandoned on the point with the transmission damaged and will be forgotten there because those cannot be repaired with tool boxes for some reason.
even worse, once those get destroyed, they are gone forever from the match as there is no spawn system for those vehicles.

so with this suggestion, the main intent is to make the rider squad somewhat viable for those who wants it, balance them, and allow other nations to benefict those rider squads as well.

so, with all the " recap " done, let’s get to the hearth of the matter:

the main suggestion of today it’s “”“simple”"", Asking for a Rework for the Rider Squad. change it from the rider squad, and make it a Mechanized Infantry Squad.

since the sentence above is a bit vague, here i propose on how to do it:

How Does it Work:

Once you unlocked the mechanized infantry Squad, you will get your regular bike with one Driver and one Trooper.

the more you play this squad, the more you will earn points. when you have enough points, just like any regular squad, you will be able to upgrade it. and the mechanized squad as a main feature, ( that i thought ), is that they can unlock the ability to buy for silvers or bronzes, vehicles in the Logistics.

which it will look like something like this:

( lol, i just noticed that i used an older screenshots with the academy still innit. forget about that. )

Squad Composition doesn’t have to be necessarily this one. i personally thought that it was the more fitting for it’s desired role, but it’s up to devs.

for the rest, each faction has it’s own unique vehicles. and since i don’t think it’s a wise idea to extend campaign levels more than the necessary just for those vehicles, you will have to unlock them first through the blue squad tech tree, and then buy them with either bronze or silver orders through the Logistics Equipment ( or entire new category )

• Germany:
    R75 Sidecard, Default Vehicle
    Kubelwagen, - 50 Bronze or 5 Silver Orders
    21733_0-auto_downl
    Opel Blitz, - 100 Bronze or 10 Silver Orders
    Opel-Blitz-1L
    Halftrack 251/250 - 150 Bronze or 15 Silver Orders
    SdKfz-251-AusfC_winter42

• USA:
    Motorbike with mg Standard ( already present in the game )
    Willy Jeep - 50 Bronze or 5 Silver Orders
    m38a1_gif
    G 7100 Truck - 100 Bronze or 10 Silver Orders
    pixlr-bg-result(48)
    M3 / M5 Halftrack - 150 Bronze or 15 Silver Orders
    M2A1_Halftrack

• USSR:
    Ural Sidecard With Eather DT or DP28 - Standard
    bike
    Gaz 67 Car - 50 Bronze or 5 Silver Orders ( present in any Russian practice ground )
    Zis 5 Truck - 100 Bronze or 10 Silver Orders
    pf-621l_orig
    M3 / M5 Halftruck - 150 Bronze or 15 Silver Orders
    tzM21Q7

*Keep in mind that those will be roofless. for cosmetic reasons that i will explain later.

Reminder

for those who will comment " it’s a waste of time as those vehicles are not available " that’s wrong.
war thunder has those vehicles ( which it’s where the kubel, blitz, willy, and many others models come from. plus, you can see them around the map ) so those vehicles are present and ready to be used ( outside a few that needs rigging wheels and stuff such as the zis, the american truck, and other few )
Devs proved that they can make vehicles from scratch such as the PZ II F, Bikes, T26s flame, and battle bus.

What does it do?

this motorized infantry has the ability to use vehicles. and that’s mainly the main point of this squad. it will work as a fast response, ( kinda like the original idea of the squad it self for the riders ) with the addition of being able to drive others squads to the front if necessary, or, in the halftrack case, being able to provide cover for the infantry where tanks can’t. ( for example, hallways, small spaces, and relatively " faster " speed than tanks. not to a point where it’s too fast, but you know )
( although, the main reason of this suggestion is, it will become useful for a gamemode that i’m currently working on ).

as a draw back, this squad can only have a total of 5 soldiers ( just like the radio operator ).
and there cannot be more than 2 active mechanized squad in each matches ( similar to airplanes or tanks ) it will require the dev to make a new category for it’s own kind of type separated from planes and tanks.

another key factor of the squad, is that they can be specialized but cannot be a jack of all trade.
for example, once you unlock the ability the car / truck / halftrack, in the logistics you will have the ability to buy certain vehicles that has a specific specializations.

such as,

• Weaponized Transports
    main feature is, you can use a machinegun on it, and allow to transport other 5 troopers ( for the car ) and other 8/10 on the halftruck. ( trucks are an exception. will have no weapons, but usefull to transport more troops )

• Medical, Piooner orAmonution Specialization
    with this feature, if you don’t like the weaponized transport, you will be able to select the other options and apply the medical/Piooner/Amonution specialization on your car, halftrack, or truck.
    the medical vehicle will allow you to refill syringes and medkits on the field for the soldiers,
    Amonution Specialized vehicles will refill the amonution on the field ( if troopers interact with),
    and lastly, piooner vehicles will refill the enginner resourches on the field.
    As a drawback, you can only bring one vehicle on the field. and if you chose one specialization for your vehicle, this last will lose the transportation ability and the fire power making those vehicles deweaponized. ( but you can change them at any time )

one thing to specify, specialization vehicle will not have unlimited resourches:

cars will have the resourches for 3x
trucks will have resourches for 6x
and halftrcusk will have resourches for 9x.

( a bit hard for me to explain, but basically, a medical car will way less medkits available to use for troopers compared to halftracks. the capacity of each vehicle will depend based on how big is the vehicle )

this way, we can balance their effectiveness and not to have a jack of all trade.

for example, Medical halftracks does not have weapons, and cannot carry more than two troopers.
which in that way, troopers will not be able to refill enginner resourches or amonution from it.

the same it works for piooner trucks; troopers cannot heal or get amonution from it.

Aren’t Maps Too Small for these vehicles?

“jokes” aside,

as i said, this suggestion is more for those maps that are not. ( and for the future suggestions ).
vehicles can still be used no matter the size of the map to be honest. depending on the player if they think it’s fast or not. and if that is not enough, players that lose the squad or the vehicle, will have a cool-down of 2/3 minutes timer before it can be called again.

I don’t wanna see too many people spamming cars etc any solutions on that?

Hence why i suggested to limit those mechanized squad to only 2 active per time.
plus, you are not gonna see everyone spamming cars for a few reasons, this mechanized squad takes a place of the vehicles section. meaning that not everyone will be able to use it, as free to players does not have more than 4 spaces, and not everyone will decide to replace their tank with mechanized units.
and again, there’s a cool-down for it.

what would dev earn from this?

simple, money.

all from skins, decals and ( when those will be available, ) decorations.

a few examples could be the Fiat 626 as a skin for the italian squad.
or in general, customize your vehicles.
put cosmetic roofs, double tires, and etc.

by putting the cosmetic roof, will make the soldier on the back lose the ability to lean and shoot ( outside the last two closer to the " hatch " at the bottom. the roof it will give you a nicer look ( i mean, i personally like the covered opel blitz any day compared to the roofless one. ) and as a bonus, it will hide the soldiers on the back. but if the vehicle get shot, the roof will not act as a defence. therefore bullets will go through and can potentially kill or damage the soldiers on the back as again, it’s for cosmetic purpose. but it’s going to be a skin. so in default, you have the roofless truck/car, and then you decide weather you want it or not.

other cosmetic ideas would be, entire new trucks models for those other nations such as Britain and Italy with their own unique vehicles that can be purchased for those who want to make their squad out of italian and british troops without having to use the ally trucks.

AEC_Matador
Opel-Blitz-21PZD-DAK42

and other camos and different stuff. but you get the idea.
being able to customize those vehicles as well for the player liking.

in conclusion:

that’s all. if i missed something, or want to improve, let me know.

i was thinking to also include light vehicle such as M3 scout cars, Sdkfz 222 and BA.64, but those might be a bit too much, and not the right moment for those.

so yeah, i kinda suggest them before when normandy was it’s in his infancy, but as we are at the 5th campaign that we still don’t have the ability to call car and stuff, i’m a bit disappointed. so i decided to try again.

for the rest, for the rider squad, i hope to improve them and make them viable. if not, peace.

50 Likes

I really like the idea. Though I am not sure what the appeal of the truck tier would be (opel blitz/G 7100 Truck/etc). What is nice about the bikes and the jeeps is they are low profile and fast, allowing you to get to sneaky spots and build rallies or beat the other team to a location. Meanwhile the halfracks would be armored against small arms and come with a MG or something ( Flammpanzerwagen when??). I feel the trucks don’t have either, but could be useful if you are playing with others I suppose.

I also agree a 5 man squad would be ideal. Also wouldn’t mind if the bigger vehicles were able to act as a mobile rally (still has to stop moving and “lock down” or something before becoming active) similar to HLL. Maybe also have them have a higher respawn timer than rallies, idk.

All around cool idea though and looking forward to hearing about the game mode.

7 Likes

yeah, i don’t know about this one either :confused:

could be a game changer at the point to be too powerfull.

you won’t be disappointed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes much like tank sqauds getting different vehicles with different crew sizes. This would be great

2 Likes

Maybe make the trucks act as a way to replenish supplies. Not only ammo, but also medkits and maybe even nades (possibly limited to 1-2 granades a soldier, as to not encourage nade spam), or special things like mines, flamethrower ammo, etc.
Maybe also, like you said, they could also act as a rally point with a 30-40s cooldown.

1 Like

you gaved me an idea,

how about a selectable option for the truck or halftrack that is specialized in certain stuff.

like, you can either select between

a medical truck
/
a monution refiller truck
/
a transport truck.

or

Piooner truck where enginners can refill their resourches.

to make them more specialized and you can’t get a jack of all trade but get specialized.

same with halftracks:

either a medical halftrack, an amonution halftrack, spawn point halftrack, weaponized halftrack that can transport, or piooner halftrack.

2 Likes

2 Likes

although, for the piooner halftrack, i’d make it deweaponized. same as the ammo halftrack, and the medical one.

because otherwise it would be a bit too much.

as you would be able to " spam " emplacements with the enginners and fire with the halftrack as well.

a " drawback ".

2 Likes

So too long of a read but it seems like a good idea

1 Like

Hmmm, not too sure about that.
I don’t think having just 1 thing would make it viable. And there is enough space at the back to carry a lot of stuff.
So maybe you can choose 2 or 3 from your list.
Though, with halftracks, I’d make it more limited. Maybe only choosable from either ammo or personell (spawnpoint).

1 Like

Hello again Erika,

In my campaign rework, I consider to introduce bikes, jeeps, trucks and APCs. We have similiar idfead but i think we have some differences here when it comes to the squad.
Since you are more or less known for your input for them, I thought you could maybe take a quick look at the concept.

In general the meta would be like this:
Driver I:
Driver I would get motorcycles. Here I think it like this and each nation would have different version II. People would unlock the bike and are able to change it. Version 1 would be the normal sidecart which primary exists to transport people form A to B. aybe good for people who wanna shock enemies or hunt tanks (like in HnG lol)

Version II (German Reich)
Version II is specifically for engineer. They would get an truck which would increase the amount of points for the mandatory engineer in their squad. This would turn the bike into some sort of mobile engineer, capable of building a defense parameter quickly as he is needs less time to get to the point than normal engineers. At the cost of being slower and maybe reduced crew size.

Variant II (USSR):
The Soviets modified some M-72s by turning them into mobile mortars.

Limited ammo and of course they need to get out of it to use it but a mobile howitzer would be damn usefull in big maps and have an tactical value… and I love big mortars.

Variant II (US):
Honestly, no clue as I didnt saw any variants so they just get an WLA without sidecart.
I thought about giving soldiers the exclusive ability to get new ammo from the bags etc. on the bike to make it fit for tank hunters etc.

Variant II (UK):
We would give the driver an drum Thompson so the bike would be a small but deadlier gun platform.

Variant II (Italy):
Found this from the old days. Basically like the English bike variant but with shields.
Like the old T-20 from HnG and would make the thing a small mobile pillbox and people cant snipe Luigi from the bike all the time.

Driver II:
Usually they will get trucks depending on campaign. Trucks would get different roles depending on what the player wants. Nothing special here. They will serve for tactical and logistical purpose.

• Mobile spawn point and transportation (once again like in HnG)
  • Mobile ammo point for tanks, infantry and engineer (they can refill their engineer points with them)
    Its simple. Germans will get Opel Blitz, Soviets the Zis-5, US the GMC CCKW, Tommies the Beford QL and Italy the Fiat 626.

Otherwise they woulds get jeeps. They serve similiar purpose as bikes, but people can get four people in their squad and more people can fit (once again like in Heroes and Generals where more people could fit in the jeep apart from the four soldiers).

• Transportation

Germans get the Kübel Type 82 or the Schwimmwage, US the Willys MB or the Ford GPA, Soviets the GAZ jeep or landleased Ford-GPA, the Commonwealth the Willys MB or the Universal Carrier (I know its not an jeep but I dont know if it makes sense to move it to Driver III) and the Itals Itals the Fiat 508 or the AS 42.

Driver III:
Your favourite I guess. Mechanized infatry/ infantry with specalized vehicles like AA or artillery. In a nutshell, APCs will serve the same purpose as trucks.

• Mobile spawn point and transportation (once again like in HnG)
  • Mobile MG (gunner gets more ammo and US variants can get .50 machine gun)
  • Mobile radio carrier (lacks any defense capabilites but can call radio strikes and observes the battle. Longer cooldown but mobile and gets all strikes instantly)
    M3
    (US radio APC from Steel Division 2)
    Germans get the Sdk.Fz 250 (Moscow) and 251, Soviets landleased M2 (Moscow) and M3, US and UK M3. Nothing for Italy.

The best part would be the “variants”. Ofc the Tier III Drivers will get them but unlike the rest they have to unlock them and can switch them with the APC. They will be the sole variant which will be locked behind the campaign grind (I dont wanna fill the campaign levels with Kübels and radio APCs most people wont need/ have. They should be locked behind the squad tree like you propose). Each campaign should get their own unique SPG. I once hoped that each side would get the same (AA/AA) but it was not always possible and hey… at least it would make the game more asymmetrical.

Moscow (MG APC/ Armored Recon Car): T-20 vs. Sdk.Kfz 221 with MG34
Stalingrad (Rocket Artillery/ Flamethrower): Katusha vs. Sdk.Kfz.251/16 (I know. Started in January 1943)
Tunisia (Howitzer vs/ Cannon): T-30 HMC vs. Sdk.Kfz 251/10
Normandy (AA): M16 vs.Sdk-Kfz 10/4
Berlin (AA/ Armored Recon Car): Gaz-AAA vs. Sdk.Kfz 250/9 (honestly no clue here. Since the Puma is in tanker squad, I dont know if they would count as tank)

So this would be my input so far. It would be nice if you would give some feedback and maybe critical feedback especially concerning historical accuracy. Maybe we can colloborate a bit here.

Thank you and have a nice day!

3 Likes