Regular troopers shouldn't have full-auto weapons

Guns like: FG42, M2 carbine, AVS 36 and any other that may come in the future shouldn’t be available to troopers, they should be limited to either assaulters or gunners.
If every soldier is able to run with full-auto weapon, then we will end up with CoD-like gameplay. Also it renders assaulters useless and completely kills ww2 climate of the game as it’s not historical in any way.

I can’t find anything positive in keeping those weapons as they are now, unless you want more brain dead run and gun gameplay.

68 Likes

Exactly that.

1 Like

AVS-36 is more suitable on being treated like a semi auto rifle and it even has a different recoil pattern compared to the much easier to use SVT. The rifle on full auto is basically a bullet hose where it should only be used on close range.

This gun feels like the SKS from other games unlike the SVT.

1 Like

more bolt actions and semi autos would give the game a better ww2 feeling.

6 Likes

Higher level players will just end up playing LMG and Assault squads and nothing will change.

I personally feel all classes should be able to use all weapons. With class perks making the difference. This weapon limitation by class is annoying.and just makes the bigger more flexible class squads used more.

1 Like

Absolutely
Giving everyone full autos (AVS-36 excluded) isn’t a good decision and I hope DF sees that now and will hopefully end this experiment in the next big patch.

3 Likes

Excuse you
I run two rifle teams and an assaulter squad and a tank and plane the rest change depending on mood

Running only automatics is big gay

9 Likes

Congratulations, you’re an outlier. I bet you drop rally points and ammo crates too.

Where should I send your cookie?

chocolate-chip-cookie-16

2 Likes

The most will stay for automatics. And I think DF will not change much about that.

Nobody would play the game if they can only play with semi/bolt rifles. Would be to hardcore for many players. This game has only so many players because other titles like BFV failed (and yes of course this game is free). And DF had also some sponsoring things with “popular” german streamers a few weeks ago. Normaly this streamers playing shooters where automatic rifles are a completly normal thing. So the people which watched such streams (and maybe started playing Enlisted) are mostly also people which play shooters where automatic rifles are a completly normal thing.
Howsoever, my english is too trash to explain what I want to explain haha.

A few friends of mine stopped playing this game. Reason 1 was because of this long, long grind. Reason 2 was because of this sh*t bolt rifles at the beginning.
But as Sidiros already said, higher level players will just end up playing only LMG and Assault Squads. I would do the same. Many others would do. Or they would leave the game because of this.

1 Like

um u do realize they used the m2 carbine in ww2. and its broken right now anyways it has more recoil than a bar or mg 34 or 42 or anything in game right now u cant use it long range at all there’s 9 mm weapons doing more damage than it does. it takes 4 shots to kill a downed person some time less so if ur killed by an m2 carbine thats not saying much about your skill and the germans get more machine guns than every one why are u complaing about full atuo now

I also want to limit FG so crying about my idea being bad because US will be hurt is selfish and stupid.

Main US rifle was the M1 garand, not the M2 carbine so I have no idea why EVERYONE should be armed with M2.

So in short: limit FG and AVS but not M2?
Basically your post is actually a cry to not nerf US and fuck every other faction.

1 Like

earliest production of the M2 carbine was october/november 1944

it did not see action in Normandy

5 Likes

No, but the M1/M2 carbine (which was just a full-auto conversion of an M1) was used at normandy, and was effectively the same, so a renaming of the gun would be all that’s required.

can’t find any sources on an M1/M2 carbine.

The full auto variant of the M1 and subsequent 30 round magazines were introduced after OCT1944.

There’s no reason 30 round magazines or full auto 30carbine rifles of any kind should be in Normandy.

If you can find sources to the contrary please post them as I’d be interested to know.

Agreed with the FG 42 and M2 Carbine, as both were used more for different roles (LMG and SMG). However, the doctrine behind the AVS 36 was different from these other two. For all intents the AVS 36 was a normal sized rifle with a muzzle brake and a larger magazine that shot full sized rounds (not an intermediate round like the M2 or a heavier built gun designed to be used as an LMG for paratroopers like the FG42). The AVS-36 was used primarily as a rifle that should only shoot in semi auto except in absolute point blank range of a handful of meters. The full sized rounds produced too much recoil that would throw off the shooters aim. Therefore its really just an infantry rifle with a cool but practically useless gimmick.
Since we have seen that the game should get the Federov M1917 and STG 44, I would consider them to be a SMG due to the same intermediate round point made for the M2 Carbine (and indeed the STG 44 was designated an SMG for that matter).

1 Like

and the germans have 2 to 3 riffles with fulatuo for regular troops do u plan to remove those also or just m2 carbine cause it pissed me off the m2 carbine is far up the campaign level when Germans get full atuo galore then cry bout the allies get 1 gun that has fullatuo so if u remove m2 then remove all there full atuo for regular troops

Can you name those “fullauto for all troops”?
Or do you mean just FG42? in which case read the thread before posting.

1 Like

So if you don’t like BA rifles and you want auto weapons then go play CoD, simple as that.

With MP40 or Stg? Also PPsh is class limited and so FG should be.

5 Likes

I really have to question if starapple is back to trolling again with the posts hes made recently

1 Like

They have FG 42 and…
Nope, I can’t find any more. Send a screenshot if you find them because I won’t belive you.

Zrzut ekranu (205)
Any other “brilliant” questions?

Either shut up or start thinking.
If you decide to start using your brain (I doubt), maybe I won’t ignore you next time you post.