Low BR Battle pass interwar/experimental assault rifles

As argued here

Mkb35/iii is the only old battle pass AR that works with recently released assault engineers. As were getting more flexible squads for low BR (both Soviet VDV paras but other nations will surely follow) it would be great to see a battle pass devoted to seeing some interwar experimental AR/ auto-carbines.

Obviously due to balance and historical reasons, these weapons should stay as rare battlepass or event/premium weapons.

Few ideas below follow:
Soviets, self explanatory details.

USA
.30 cal 5-10rd magazine

About 2,500 Winchester Model 1907 selfloaders were ordered by the French Army during World War I as trench-clearing and aircraft guns. Many were modified at the Winchester factory with large-capacity magazines and select-fire capability. Fielded and used in combat in 1917-18, these modified Winchesters possibly represent the first assault rifles to enter service with any army (the Fedorov did not enter service with the Russian Army until 1918). The Winchester 1907 was a blowback rifle, firing powerful round-nosed .351 WSL ammunition, equivalent in energy to the later 7.62x39mm intermediate cartridge of the AK rifle.

Axis

Walther Mkb

The Cei-Rigotti rifle

Mauser Mkb

Japan

Completely speculative!!!
ā€œCaptured Dutch East Indiesā€ Weibel M/1932

10 Likes

Volmer MKB 29 is different the picture is of Walther MKB
This picture here is Vollmer MKB 29(SG29 )

8 Likes

About this I have a picture of page of a book that says Korbin avtomat is in 8.9 mm ammo let me

imperial to metric conversion. .351 WSL is 8.9mm round

1 Like

I see

Mmmmm interwar guns, and carbines no less

1 Like

As interesting as they could be - for me we definitely shouldnā€™t ever see any more automatic weapons in low BR - SMGs only. Anything else should be BR4+.

Point here is BR2-3 actually; these are BAD automatic rifles, either heavy or inaccurate, or low ammo count. Mkb35 is a battle pass AR @ BR2; this is supposed to add to it in variety.

I get your point however, these are strictly battlepass/premium weapon ideas; they should be Uncommon for a reason.

personally idk what to think about those weapons. i am afraid that they would replace smg on low tiersā€¦

btw just noticed gold order/premium.

As above

Point here is BR2-3 actually; these are BAD automatic rifles, either heavy or inaccurate, or low ammo count. Mkb35 is a battle pass AR @ BR2; this is supposed to add to it in variety.

I get your point however, these are strictly battlepass/premium weapon ideas; they should be Uncommon for a reason.

I get what youā€™re saying - but they would 100% be exploited to farm low tier/newer players.

I think the lack of auto rifles and even many semi autos makes for a much better pace of game. Itā€™s where I go when I get tired of seeing run and gun tactics against players who donā€™t even aim.

1 Like

I totally agree, I think even locking these behind a paywall would arguably make them rarer than battle pass weapons. Id still like to include some interesting historical variants however that dont upset the low tier meta.

This is considered to be the true first assault rifle.

This could be used in BR2.

2 Likes

thinking about so many Guns for BR1-3ā€¦
Battlefield 1 copy paste finish

Just to add something, there exist 5 round mags for AVT, and 10 round mags for FGs.

Those are considered as rifles, weā€™re talking about assault rifles for the event engineers and assaulters.

1 Like

True, well I heard about 10 round STG mags somewhere, there better?

Much better, but no way would an StG be in BR 2, even with a small mag.

2 Likes

Stg is late war and with incredible recoil control.
For early war we want these interwar prototypes, that are heavy, bulky, inaccurate or low ammo count (or all 4); balance here is important as the bolt/SMG meta should still be primary.

2 Likes

a VG1-5 with a 10rnd mag should be br2 tho