Japan APC

Continuing with the previous post about flamethrower tanks, now I am going to write some concepts to add as premium or event vehicles to add to Japan:

1. Ho-Ki In the first instance I will talk about this small APC completely disassembled, I see this APC as a universal carrier with which it can be added as an event vehicle with a pair of machine guns as seen in a few photographs, we have for bibliographic material what is described in the book The Whig Interpretation of History Herbert Butterfield, (1931, New York) and on the Tank Encyclopedia page and it can be event unit

japanese-type-1-ho-ki-apc-armored-personnel-carrier

1. So-Da This little one was a transport of troops, ammunition and equipment, I have not seen photographs or stories that describe any soldier using a machine gun, but it could be possible due to the layout of how the troops go. The bibliographic material was extracted from Foss, Christopher F (2002). The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles: The Comprehensive Guide to over 900 Armored Fighting Vehicles from 1915 to the Present Day. Thunder Bay Press but in Tank Encyclopedia there are more links to extract information, I think this can be a firm event vehicle

SoDa

1. Swamp FB: I can’t say much here, I hardly know about this vehicle since the little I know is that it is a transport designed to cross swamps, the Americans captured one in the Tokyo Arsenal and they liked it so much that they copied and improved the original design, it could be a golden order perhaps or something of an event since it has nothing to defend itself with except the men who are in it and the scant information in the book Tomczyk, Andrzej (2003). Japanese Armor Vol. 3

jap FB swampvehicle 3 (1)

1. Type 100 Te-Re: It is not a typical APC, in fact it is an observation platform for mobile artillery, with radio equipment but it could be an option to create a universal carrier adapted for an event , info about it at Ness, Leland (2014). Guide to Japanese Ground Forces 1937-1945: Volume 2: Weapons of the Imperial Japanese Army & Navy Ground Forces . Helion & Company, pp. 270, 280

Te-Re

5.Ka-Tsu Another one of those strange amphibious vehicles used mainly for transporting equipment but also converted into APC, this thing was even capable of carrying torpedoes, for me this is the strong candidate to be another premium APC, the material extractable from the specifications of this vehicle They are in the book “Warships of the Imperial Japanese Navy 1869 - 1945” by Jentschura/Jung/Mickel (page 234) where it is also described that the Type 4 Ka-Tsu had two predecessors for the same purpose designated Type 2 and Type 3 Special Landing Boat (Toku Naikatei) but also more info in tank enciclopedia

mqdefault
Type_4_Ka-Tsu_-_rear-side_angle_view
Type_4_Ka-Tsu_with_torpedoes
Type_4_Ka-Tsu_armed_on_trials
Type_4_Ka-Tsu

1. Type 4 Chi-So in a way it reminds me of the Ho-Ki, but it has a different chassis as my colleague mentioned, it could be another event vehicle, but if the modifications are made as was done with the Ho-ha (I never saw photographs that it had side machine guns ) could be premium too AND THIS THING was the base for the rocket artillery Ha-To, resource material (no book material found)

type-4-chi-so-line1

I will not talk about the engineer tank or the modded flamethrower tankette who becomes in APC that I mentioned in my previous post since what I have talked about them is in that post

13 Likes

You have forgotten my favorite.

Type 4 Chi-So
300px-Type4_chi_so_01

Since we already have in game Na-To that made use of the chassis and superstructure of the Chi-So. I just need Chi-So as well.

6 Likes

as you see I am editing post I see I forget ADD it, I need bibliography first :>

3 Likes

Na-to should go to br 2 or 3

3 Likes

I think it’s already BR3. Unlike Chi-Nu. But I don’t want to go off-topic.

2 Likes

I wish every nation had a proper APC instead of bunch of unarmoured trucks which they are calling armoured personnel carrier.

2 Likes

then make apost!

1 Like