Overhaul of this game's nerf philosophy

Well this is a good take -AP mines were never OP on their own, instead the problem was how fast and without effort you can place them.

You drop them while running, which is ridiculous.

You can however still place multiple mines and have the same effect as before - which effectively means you need more time now to have the same effect, which is actually the real fix that was needed, by accident of course.

1 Like

2-3y ago when I and some other ppl said similar thing (that it’s better to limit than nerf and it’s better to nerf via mechanics rather than changing numbers) such opinions were not popular among players. “I want my freedom to use things however and now many I want” was generally the answer.

I hope that after all those nerfs you’ve pointed out, players and devs will see this leads nowhere and the approach to nerfs will change.

7 Likes

Exactly this…this has been brought up time and time again for “years”. Never seems to be popular for said reasons

And here we are, all paying the price

2 Likes

No, you’re just completely misinforming. People were saying this in relation to the squad limitations (only max 2 assault squads per lineups etc) and in context of the bizarre spawn score points (similar to WT).

Literally no one has said this in regards to AP mines only being available for certain classes etc.

I don’t like this at all.

I will again offer the solution I shared just few days after the release of Paratroopers.

The flares should mark the dropbzone. So absolutely everyone will know that the paratroopers are about to drop here…
Since this is the biggest problem noobs have. They don’t pay any attention to what’s going on above them. But once they know about the paratroopers, it’s pretty easy to shoot them down.

Then there wouldn’t need to be any artificial protection around the objectives, since it would be more or less impossible to survive such a drop.

Just a quick search. and thats just me

1 Like

No. That’s not what I have meant. I was one of those who suggested to limit mines to specific class (sniper & and AT squad.

What I meant is that literally nobody used this argument:

To counter these suggestions about mines limitations.

i misunderstood. I still think I have heard that response before though, granted its in regards to MANY things…(very common response)

probably cant be stuffed running another search though

1 Like

Yes, you have heard that. But in completely different context.

Well, it’s possible that my english just sucks. So it’s not on you.

1 Like

Well excpet maybe Darkflow. Whos blanket statement is “we dont want to limit anything” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

bd53d2ebf38379a3e875fa1210f91c54ce95f8d982e56fcd73aa16cd4dc81a0d_1

Make the AP mines great again! Add a 3-5 sec place time and give us the old damage values back.
Stop this silly nerfing just because some babies have l2p issues.

3 Likes

Ye don’t mind my solutions too much. It was just a way to illustrate the idea.

1 Like

I would have to agree with most of what you’re saying as well. Forcing people to have to use (per your example) things like smoke Grenades instead of spamming 3 different types of throwables (explosive, flammable, WP) is good for the game as it pushes for more team oriented play (which is the WHOLE POINT of enlisted). It’s hard to talk with your team with the few communications we have (especially for us Console players). More needs to be done to find productive solutions, not just make things useless like the AP mine nerf. Good ideas and thought put forth.

2 Likes

how did I know you would rush to reply to this lol

Healthier? From my perspective, the games are all still one sided seal clubbing’s, nothings changed. :joy:

i think that it is better to introduce 2 fixes for mines

• mines could be activated by friendly players(with or without friendly damage)
  • if you drop mine on or near enemy rally point, that rally point gets destroyed

for me mines arent OP nor even annoying. what is annoying that in middle of firefight enemy is walking in minefield without problem and i step on same place he was in 2 second before and i die from mine.

3 Likes

I don’t think my response was only about AP mines, neither is this topic. Both are about balancing in general, that also includes AP mines amongst other things.

So please stop spreading missinformation and don’t twist my words.

1 Like

This should be implemented together with a rework of the para drop mechanic - they are all landing in an increadibly stupid straight line, which makes them increadibly easy to target- or to just shredd them when they all land on the exact same spot.

There also the kamikaze system to solve the problem of plane spam is bad because it just affect people who support DF with paying for extra slot, premium account and for premium squad.

Learn to fly.