Darkflow's Holy Grail

Gentlemen, I have gotten my hands on not only blueprints of important buildings in Stalingrad but also entire maps of the city and pictures. Many of the maps are in Russian, and I do not speak Russian. However, I know how to identify the critical locations by following the train tracks.

Helpful tip:

• Follow the train tracks to the junctions, and you will eventually find the Central Train station. Once you find the Central Station, go down the streets until you see more places you recognize.

Detailed map of Stalingrad:

German Plan for Stalingrad:

Univermag:

Fallen Fighters Square:

• Fallen Fighters square

Grain Silo Blueprint???:

Map of a part of Stalingrad:

Northern part of Stalingrad:

Maps of parts of Stalingrad:

Photos of Tractor Factory:

Central District Photo:

Radio Towers and Barrikady Factory:

Conclusion:

The Stalingrad maps suffer in terms of detail, forethought, and gameplay.

Because the map was not scaled and did not have their buildings correctly placed the first time, you have paratroopers who can drop on point and will either take it or hold it just enough until their teammates start pouring in. Players are at the point of killing their soldiers as soon as an objective is lost to have a fighting chance. If the map were scaled correctly, the paratrooper’s buddies would have much running to do (plus building a rally). This would also make APCs even more valuable since they can speedily traverse that long distance.

Look at all the buildings that must be fought over to avoid the 250 to 300-yard run on Sniper Lane. It should give enough time to set up a defense and get established:

Since the points are already close, paratroopers can drop immediately near the new point as soon as an objective is taken and wipe the view bots that spawned into the point, waiting for their team to finish off stragglers and join them.

Many other maps for every faction also suffer this issue since, just like Stalingrad, they were not designed to handle paratroopers because they were not made according to the battlefields they took place. Due to the neglect of detail and the lack of forethought on the effects of paratroopers, gameplay suffered. Not scaling buildings to their correct size (interior and exterior), shortening distances of objectives by making the buildings smaller than they ought, or just outright not including buildings because that would mean that people would have to play Enlisted a specific way.

To prevent more issues like this from popping up when new classes of soldiers with different abilities are added, the Central Stalingrad map needs to be edited and revised. I have taken the liberty to provide accurate photos, maps, and even blueprints of buildings for this job. All you have to do is trace the drawing and improvise on interiors (types of walls, floors, colors, etc).

I have also given you information on future map prospects, such as pictures of the locations, maps, and blueprints in Stalingrad. You can do what you want with the information and use it to make masterpieces or not use it all and go on a whim, but you can’t fall back on not being aware of the information since it was given to you.

I hope you look at these maps, photos, and blueprints with attention and use them to your advantage. Goodbye.

31 Likes

Thanks for the detailed info. I hate to play on Stalingrad when I am playing as BR 5 Germany. They should add more mid tier maps for the Soviets like the Battle of Kursk and the Bryansk Offensive and make BR 3 a separate queue. I don’t really like the autumn which is present in the city of Stalingrad but I do like the desolate winter which is there in the Tractor Factory. I was really surprised to see no sewers, Pavlov’s House and the push up to the river Volga as you land on the piers while the Stukas are dive bombing you. They should really learn from Call of Duty 1 in this regard. With regards to the atmosphere I loved the winter feel of Call of Duty 2 but nothing beats the sense of doom which is represented in Call of Duty World at War. There is also a winter mod for Stalingrad with incessant snowfall. I think the devs should add it to the regular matchmaking.

9 Likes

“Stalingrad is no longer a town. By day it is an enormous
cloud of burning, blinding smoke; it is a vast furnace lit by the
reflection of the flames.” - Soldier from 24th Panzer Division.

I believe there was a standard that was set by Red Orchestra 2 in regard to the atmosphere. The sounds of death from the enemy you just shot, along with your friend’s limbs getting blown to bits before your eyes, is something I have not seen to the degree that Red Orchestra 2 put it at. It also goes by actual maps, photos, and blueprints of places like Univermag and the Central Station at the Battle of Stalingrad. It’s one of the games that will make you not want to die, and I believe that was what the battle of Stalingrad was like.

5 Likes

Beautifully put. I have heard many good things about Red Orchestra 2 as well. I wish to play it some day.

2 Likes

How about just remove paras ability to jump straight to cap point.

1 Like

I feel they should have more mid war and 1944 eastern front battles alongside changing the queues for the BR’s to 1-2 3-4 and 5 by itself. I’ll quote myself for others to see

2 Likes

Grain silo Remind me of red orchestra 2.

3 Likes

There is no point in doing that if you just get massacred, and then the point resets because your team has a long way to go and a lot of fighting to do.

Why are you against updating maps making them more detailed and efficient?

1 Like

They based the game on places fought. Getting the blueprints was game-changing.

Fun Fact:
The Germans actually had control of the Silo first before they retreated and left their buddies to die in the building.

It’s definitely not something to pass up, but wait till a discount comes since it is twenty dollars.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the heads up mate.

1 Like

Not sure how you are about to get massacred if paras cant jump top of you when you spawn on next cap ?

Kind of said it yourself.

If this is suggestion to make the distances longer that would be just buff to paras that can skip the distances.

Not sure how my suggestion of removing paras ability to jump straight to cap is against details ?
Except for obvious reasons making distances longer is horrible idea.

They will massacre you since they will land next to the point.

“Let’s just nerf Paratroopers”
Mentions nothing else

Intentionally derailing the thread much?

they are broken, not maps.

Why should I ? You can detail the maps all you want and it wont fix the paras which are broken ?

Just said the easier fix.

Just come out and say you are against my idea of map editing and revision. It will save you much more time.

no need to get butthurt just because I questioned how your map overhaul would fix broken paras.

Are you or are you not against the editing and revision of maps?

Are you going to explain how map overhaul would fix broken paras?

1 Like

Answer the question.

no you