Changes suggested after testing the update

Sorry, but the situation was obvious already to anyone who spent more than a second thinking about the implications of the announcement - and this is coming from a player, not a dev who should know the planned merge details even better. Like… what part of this was not painfully obvious from logic perspective before the test?

Don’t promise people functionality which makes no sense to deliver. The moment you make promise, it’s on you to deliver that or then deliver alternative value.

This is 100% a dev fuckup and negligence is not a get out of jail free card.

I’m not cool with unilateral changes to promised conditions like that.

Oh, fuck off already. If you start quoting my text then at least don’t be a total loser about it.

You might be fine getting treated like trash and think that promises made to you don’t matter. That’s OK, I’m not going to judge if you happen to have a submission / humiliation fetish.

Just understand that not everyone is into that and that some people still believe in accountability to promises, however old school that might be.

They are worse, you cant change their main weapons and you cant add more soldiers to them, I dont understand the problem here.

1 Like

Just like this squad and yet DF doesn’t want to remove it from the game i wonder why?
enlisted_jzonvlOcA2
i see a lot of greens flying from away from my wallet what is going on?

Are you joking they haven’t gave us anything, nothing but the empty promises that they broke over and over again, they just said that they will remove yet another feature that we paid for in real money i no longer believe anything they say to us

2 Likes

Cool. If you want to overreact and be a dick about it, go ahead. All you’re doing is ensuring the devs will ignore these posts.

I thought it was kinda obvious, but that bit of was NOT addressed to you specifically. It was to the majority of people who have been complaining about this.

1 Like

You don’t need to change guns if they are top tier weapons, i will prefer AS-44 premium squad with 5x AS-44 (and op perks) rather than squad of 7 with 4x AS-44 and 3 mediocre guns (AVT-40 and some lmg), or para with 6x drum tommies that you can’t even get as a f2p players, it’s the purest definition of pay to win.

1 Like

I’m criticising the change, you multiquote my text and at least partially write a response to what I have been saying and then write “you”.

Yeah, kinda does come across as you talking to me - I can’t read your mind. But fine, as it seems that I misinterpreted your post - then apologies for overreaction.

Those were in the game for the longest of times and now you start complaining about them?

Not going to include the German squad? Interesting choice.

The squad slots alone are the value of the entire pack. Which you’re being refunded. Throw in the two premium squads (at minimum a $30 value) plus all the gear in the campaign. The xp bonus and other stuff is hard to put a price on, but you’re keeping at least $60 worth of stuff, twice the value of the original pack.

1 Like

Admittedly the “you” is confusing. I was branching off what you were saying to address a broader issue with balance that I saw many talking about, which extends beyond the Stalingrad engineers. So that is on me.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to exonerate the devs either. Stalingrad was just awfully designed. My personal opinion is they’ve done a pretty good job at making hard decisions and compensating the pack owners, but that can’t excuse the flop that it was to begin with.

I’ve been complaining about them as they were introduced to the game and nothing have changed since most people got conditioned by War Thunder that premium packs are fine even tho they may be overpowered.

Honestly i dont care that stalingrad engineers are losing assault rifles (im just gonna give mine bredas or VG 1-5s anyway)

But as changes “arent final”, i suppose you could just turn “one” of the stalingrad engineer squads into a premium squad to be exempt from the rules.

Guys that bought stalingrad get hushed up, new players can still get it…you have a new profit item.

Just throwing it out there as compromise. But yeah, the change is warranted

3 Likes

None of those things had separated price tag all of them were priced as $30, those premium packs were just a bonus not a main selling point, you know what was most important in the advertisement? x4 xp, discount on the upgrades, 4 star weapons/soldiers. No mention of slots or premium packs. They also lied about no microtransactions. I won’t value those premium for more than a $5 each since they were always just a meme and they haven’t even let me to grind more than a 10k xp, just normal squads with 4x bonus was way better. Agree about slots being worth as much as the entire pack however how could you put value of those other perks that going to be removed and one of them are Stalingrad AR engineers that supposed to be owned by me “forever”.

1 Like

That would be the smartest way to do this (give us Axis + Soviet new premium pack with AR Engineers as the compensation) and for new players let them buy it in the shop as they did with Pacific premiums.

3 Likes

Silver Changes

these are most welcomed.

Removing the Squad Carousel

This is so close to what I want yet so far. There is a reason that the suggestion I made regarding this had certain squad types exempt / higher limits and it was limited to the “specialty squads” that have bonuses such as unique soldier classes or ability to construct things that other classes can’t. Those benefits balance out the lack of ability to bring more than X number of that squad type. (IE you can only bring 1 flamethrower squad but they can equip flametroopers types that no other squad type can, or you can only bring 1 machine gunner, but they can build HMGs, etc). If a squad type does not have a unique ability or class type that other classes are not able to utilize, they should not be restricted.

This would mean that Rifleman, Assaulter, Sniper, and AT Gunners (unless AT Gunners get the ability to build larger caliber AT Guns) should be unlimited or have a higher limit that you can “carousel” them.

Filter for Squads

This was MUCH needed, thank you.

Engi’s from Stali.

I don’t mind this IF the plan was that going forward these squads would be sunset, as with their ability to use AR’s If these squads were to remain and be obtainable by future players (or those that don’t have them currently), then it should be limited to that squad specifically and not the engineer (could make it a squad upgrade for them maybe).

It doesn’t stop premium player spamming 3 flamers, assaulter, planes, tanks, automatic… though…

3 Likes

Except the limitation for 2 class only only apply for F2P players

1 Like

I have a great solution to the Stalingrad MKb controversy

Ok, a not so friendly misunderstanding but all good. I got annoyed because I’m tired and I felt you were lazily strawmanning me while I explicitly said something else.

I personally don’t care about Stalingrad engineers. If they had come out in the beginning and said “guys, we know you like this functionality but it doesn’t make sense in the merge for obvious balance reasons” then things would be different.

This for me boils down to two things:
1.) Respect: You don’t promise one thing and then just change your mind without compensation. I particularly don’t enjoy these word tricks where the devs are dressing their promises all of a sudden as privileges which they can just remove like that. It’s just not cool. It doesnt ultimately matter why they do it, they need to show good faith because…

2.) Of trust. Where it all comes down to. If the devs feel that they can change the terms because of whatever reason just like that, then what prevents them from doing it again in the future? Why should we trust them? I don’t think that giving the devs leeway like this is right on a principle level, but also dont think it will really be good for the community on the long run. The devs must also earn and maintain the trust towards the community with good faith behaviour.

This is not it. Not good enough for me.

6 Likes

I though the focking point of the BR system is people who use 6 StG44s no longer par with fricking Mosin M1907 no more? So why the Fock you think there is advantage against new player when they can’t even reach that BR?

So you are removing things because you can’t fix your own mistake that you brought up on the table? What about paratroopers? Clearly those are totally balanced, limit of 2 class? Dude, you let premium player bypass that shite so they can keep cycling 3 vehicles, paratroopers, flamers and Assaulters, oh because of new player, great fricking deal, cuz they can also join the cult by purchasing para squad right?

What next? Another reset because you guys can’t fix existing crap?

6 Likes

I’m aware, that’s why I said value, not price.

All of these are bonuses that would have become useless at some point, even prior to the merge. Campaigns were supposed to be capped at 40 levels, so once you unlocked everything, those benefits would not help your progress anymore.

Ultimately that is why I believe Stalingrad failed. They were cool benefits, but in the end they would outlive their own usefulness.

The only micro transactions that I recall, are the few useless premium squads. None of those squads offered a unique benefit. Take the Suomi squad. Very cool weapon, but there’s no reason to use it over an MP717.

So sure, technically a lie, but that’s not telling the full story. Those micro transactions didn’t give you an advantage in any way.

You can’t, really. The closest thing is to add up the value of all the unlocks and see how much you’re getting. But there’s no good way to keep those perks. In terms of compensation, we are not being shortchanged.

1 Like