Changes suggested after testing the update

A few people abusing Paratroopers and flamethrowers on the test server have spoiled it for everyone. Such a shame.

5 Likes

You get them for free.

Iā€™m very sad about these changes, itā€™s okay to change the progression system, change the economy, but why delete the campaign system for now? The game never needed tier balancing, I say that as someone who has played since the beginning and doesnā€™t have an automatic rifle. You invented a problem to create a worse solution, but we can rest assured that the only thing the community knows how to complain about is the prices of everything. Iā€™ve seen this movie before

I mean, It was going to happen no matter what, Paratroopers and flamethowers are OP, So if they werenā€™t limitedā€¦ Whatā€™s stopping someone from taking as many as they can and just running a 3 way endless train of paratroopers or flamethowers.

1 Like

as for losing stalingrad engi abilities compensation would be good with GO weapon or vehicle or something

1 Like

Squad cycle limit: good.

Stalingrad changes: Iā€™m willing to accept them and think this is generally a sensible change

However

I donā€™t like this unilateral worsening of the promised terms for Stalingrad players with no compensation to offset the negative. You explicitly promised something and now you are walking back on it - in general this kind of behaviour is totally unacceptable.

I have not forgotten how it took a general community freakout for you to compensate the squad slots to begin with. And where are we with that?

Right now the best we are getting about that compensation is ā€œyouā€™ll find out when it happensā€

So i think it would be good if you find a way to compensate players for removing the engineer ability you explicitly promised to provide. Be creative (for instance, give a prem squad voucher, set of gold weapon orders or sth comparable), but do the right thing.

8 Likes

very good change, but I still have question about the limit of same type squads in gameplay. You see ,in some campaign we now can take 3 rifleman squads ,3 assault man squads ,3 vehicle squads and 3 fighter squads because we have level 3 or level 4 squads can unlock in tech tree. I know some squads like flame is too op and It shouldnā€™t take more than 2 in gameplay but nerf those op squad doesnā€™t mean we will be going to destroy all rules what we have now. For me, I like to play 3 rifleman team to use BA rifles or play 3 assault team to keep charge to point, those not very op like flame squads but has more teamwork squads shouldnā€™t limit it.
About we limit same level squads. You can take same type squad in gameplay but in 1 2 3 4 level each and canā€™t take same level squad like three 1 level or three two level or two 2 level with two 1 level squad. Same level squads in same type can not take any more but you still can take same type squads with no conflicting levels. under that rule ,the flame squads can only take two in gameplay because they only have 2 level. In this way, we can still give players the motivation to unlock advanced squads of the same type, otherwise they will think that they can only bring two squads of the same type anyway. Anyway, squads and weapons will no longer be bound in the future, and I just need to unlock weapons without unlocking squads. So why do I need to unlock higher level squads?

1 Like

While it sucks that engineers lose the ability to carry STGs and MKBs, AVTs and the like.

Having a squad of engineers armed with fed or stg-44s were a no brainer choice over all the other engineers, Plus from the test I found the spam of Feds basically broke the Germans hardcore.

STG-44, MP-717R, and Tiger 2 H ripped the allies apart.

I expected a much much much worst nerf, So over all I think what darkflow has chosen to do is fair.

And for the people who bought an ungodly number of engineers: Simply put, We didnā€™t even know if it was just the SQUAD or the ENGINEERs that would get it, The logical answer was the squad. There forā€¦ There is no one to really blame for that, Best thing to do is wait until merge or sell them now (unless they step back on this.)

BUT! I do think we should get at least A gold order or two to make up for the fact those who paid for the pack are losing yet another thing on the short list you have promised.

4 Likes

some compensation would be fine
(additional compensation)

Rather naive to assume that people just wonā€™t do the exact same thing after release.

I donā€™t necessarily think thereā€™s anything wrong with the Soviets having AVTs because they are automatic rifles while the Mkb is an Assault rifle and thus should go to assaults

The overall debate is ideally where should automatic rifles go. I somewhat lean towards them staying as rifleman universal but we have debated about Assaulter and Machine Gunner

Good changes all around, I think. Just one question.

Is this update coming before the end of the year? Understandible if not, but if itā€™s being put off till the next BP season (January 24th at the earliest) an update on progress on remaining roadmap items would be appreciated.

1 Like

If you decide to take away engineer ability to equip ARs
Then remove them from premium AR squad who has engineer. And Thereā€™s event squad with Engineer who can equip smg.
In a Previous Q&A it was said Stalingrad engineer wonā€™t lose the ability to equip AR so we bought them and I had grind Stalingrad as f2p. Now you saying they will lose the ability. This is very much looking like a scam.

7 Likes

Maybe, but this is speaking like the whole game isnā€™t being rebuilt from the ground up. The benefits of the Stalingrad pack were specific to that campaign, which will soon no longer exist. Thereā€™s not really a lot of good ways to handle it, especially when the pack was poorly designed from the start.

The issue with the engineers specifically is quite simple: itā€™s a paid advantage that pack owners have that post merge players will never be able to possess. Those owners can then create an extremely versatile and deadly squad.

So how is that not P2W, yet people say squad limits are? It strongly gives the impression that you simply want to take advantage of it at the expense of everyone else.

As a pack owner myself, I bought it to level a campaign quickly, extra slots, and a nice new kit of German gear. I got exactly what I paid for. As did many others, even if they donā€™t realize it.

Also:

Personally I feel that weā€™ve already been compensated, if you break the numbers down and examine the value of everything we keep. But this is blatantly asking for something that has a monetary value greater than the pack itself.

2 Likes

Like they said in the devblog, that was before they actually put the merge to the test, and saw how it messed things up and would be extremely unfair to post merge players.

You can also still equip your engineers with automatic rifles. Thatā€™s not changing.

In a way it almost seems like the fall of campaigns may not be so easy after all because weā€™re about to deal with the aftershock

1 Like

enlisted_2cRJZErB49
enlisted_KgYjx74MZN
Itā€™s obvious that the devs are not even playing their game. They remove one feature of a paid squad (Engineer 2 Stalingrad with mkb42) and still keep smgs on the other engineers even tho according to them it would be too unbalanced and ā€œnew players would ask themselves why they canā€™t carry those gunsā€ yeah sureā€¦What an arbitrary change with no logic to be seen.

Paras are even worse they can carry most op guns possible and also pick from a wide variety of classes, they can land anywhere, have more rockets than actual AT troopers, thatā€™s also not op and not a single new player also question that right DF? Itā€™s like they have tunnel vision and only want to focus on a single thing that they demonize and nerf/remove while something 100x less balanced getā€™s a pass.

7 Likes

may the rifle squad be excluded from the limit

4 Likes

Because those are event/premium squads which only have 1 engineer and you cant change their main weapon?

1 Like

And why do those squads need to be better and more useful than most f2p squads?

1 Like