Changes suggested after testing the update

Some people have even said they shouldn’t use Mortars because they can’t “compete”. The whole point is every squad has a role to play

Now I obviously don’t use Mortars all the time, but when I do I do their job. No different than AT, MG, Medic, etc

They even say bolt actions are useless

1 Like

No, because all German engineers can still equip FGs. They just can’t use assault rifles anymore, and neither can the Soviets.

Hopefully they will remove M2 Carbine from assaulters and troopers plus also make American paratroopers landing with just a knife and a pistol. If they want to chase this type of the balance then i’m leaving.

2 Likes

I agree with you, but more(at least 3) Assaulter or other squads can offer players more choices for playing, my suggestion has no conflict with your idea.If I wanna play MG squads, I can prepare 3 MG squads, also, if I feel bored, I can prepare other combination. All in all, 3 same squads means more combination than 2 squads

The AVT isn’t an assault rifle, the MKb is, so there isn’t really a reason to remove it from allied engineers.

4 Likes

??? offers more choice to play…as Assaulters? You bring 3 MG teams into a match? WHY??

No, it would defeat the whole point of adding limits because it takes 3 squads to cycle. That’s also a contradictory statement. Taking three MG squads is not more variety, and also just highly unnecessary.

People may not see it now, but this is an excellent change for the long term health of the game. For one, us veterans should not have an advantage that is impossible for new players to obtain. And secondly, we all know what would happen (especially in high BRs) if they didn’t add limits, which leads me to believe that those who are complaining about it are simply just mad they can’t spam anymore.

The issue is premium squads, because they circumvent the limits. If you have the US/German premium paras, you can still cycle them. Which kinda defeats the point of limits. It’s not P2W, but it’s not good either.

4 Likes

it has the same hit power as an FG 42 II, engineers can already carry that kind of firepower base game, and the BR will probably balance it out so it only goes up against FG 42 II s

1 Like

don’t see why assaulters are getting limited, with my idea of what needed to be limited was snipers, vehicles, and flamers

also include premium in the limitations since the rules should apply to everyone or don’t apply it at all

All squad types are limited, they just used Assault as an example

It’s not just assaulters. They were just using that as an example. You cannot bring more than 2 of any squad type, except:

This, and I agree.

1 Like

i know, i am saying rifleme, assaulter and maybe engineer shouldn’t be that limited everything else should

Nothing should limited in that there is only X amount allowed in a match like Hell Let Loose, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people being made to have a varied lineup

3 Likes

yet with how it currently is it will be (Flamer 1, flamer 2, preimum flamer)

1 Like

In my opinion, new players should be given 3 same squads too, that will be fair. In the battle of Berlin, we can get 9 persons FG 42II squads and stg44 squads now, and that is too op, I don’t think that 3 stg44 squads will be more op than this case

because the RD-44s real-life equivalent, the RPD first 7.62x39mm, while the DP series and the mason fire 7.62x54mmR which is a more powerful round so they have more damage in-game, if you don’t count the 0.5 damage variation for balance the f2p weapons are consistent.

the Gorov is inconsistent but it is also a gold order so I kind of expect them to make it stronger to encourage people to pay for it, not saying its right but I’m not surprised

1 Like

Since they removed the Mkb because it’s an assault rifle they should also make the Gorov solely a LMG instead of a universal weapon for some reason

I at least like that little by little they’re tweaking the weapon classifications

2 Likes

it really seems that the worst offenders are flametroopers, assaulters and paratroopers. why not just make a rule so they can not be spammable, and dont put all classes in the same bag?

btw, this is the very definition of P2W: getting something that gives you an advantage with money that you cant get through gameplay without paying.

3 Likes

As someone who has been playing since pretty early on during the alpha / beta process, I must say that I find it a little bit disingenuous to simply remove all these features that many of us have built our line-ups on. I for one would not have bought anywhere near as many Sturmgewehr’s in Stalingrad, if I had known that the ability to use them would simply be rescinded. Especially since we can’t have an Assaulter squad purely made out of assaulters.

Additionally, I would not have invested heavily into the sniper teams as I have if I knew that I’d not be able to field all 3 at the same time. These OPTIONS give many of us the freedom to play the game as we desire to. Every squad has its counter, and if players think tactically, nothing is truly overpowered. The game does a good job of balancing capabilities like automatic fire, with other abilities - like grenades, or high damage from rifles.

If these changes absolutely MUST be made, or are considered mandatory, then for those of us that spent lots of time and effort on the old model (Which we weren’t until VERY RECENTLY informed would be reversed) deserve some fairly significant compensation.

Personally, I’d prefer the old model over the idea of compensation; having nice weapons that I’ve spent real money on and good squads that I’ve equipped again, with real money - is much more valuable to me than just the money I spent. It’s one of the things that make the game very fun.

1 Like

We have to play different squads in one cycle, some players don’t like this, so they may suicide when they choose the third squad, it waste time. If we(old and new players) can get 3 same squads, it will be good for playing

1 Like