Why automatic rifles are all over the place?

FG42/ II, AVS36, AVT40, m2 carbine are categorised as semi autos
MKB42H and Feodorov are at same category as assault rifles
all BAR variants are lmgs
these weapons were rarer compared to semi autos, lmgs, smgs and bolt actions.
Not everbody was able to use them either.
Soldiers who carried these were specifically trained not as regular conscripts
But every average hans, dimitri and joe in the game can equip them like buying candy from a local store
If you want to know how gameplay turns into toxic automatic spam just look at berlin.
Merge is coming and these weapons will be at highest tier
So seperate them from current classes and add a new class like “guards”
Newbies wouldnt achieve any of them until they grind for a long time, even crap semi autos are at 3rd tier.
This change wont effect balance or cause unbalance for newbies but will make higher tiers gameplay less toxic

13 Likes

If you are afraid of automatic weapons, then you can go play at low BR.

No need to add new class of soldier just before the merge.

5 Likes

What about “I want to play with high level weapons but without a full auto mayhem”?
From what I understand, this will be basically impossible.

16 Likes

think the custom games will be the answer for people that want different kind of restrictions
be it timeline restrictions or histori acuraci squad restrictions

3 Likes

I just hope we will be able to earn exp in customs.
Hope, but not believe.

1 Like

Reported for spam, since 2 similar topics were created only for today, lol.
I guess these attention seeking trolls thinks spamming the same nonsense will change anything…

1 Like

Obv more people find out playing full auto enjoyable. You are in minority, deal with it. Shtts will not change because of f2p BA lover. Especially since he is in minority.

2 Likes

Idk perhaps if some mods becomes kind of “official” then probably.
Lone wolf for example, playing against other players without AI definitely should grant just as much exp as regular matchmake.

But the bot slaughtering what happened in past definitely should remain restricted with exp.

1 Like

I’m F2P exactly because of that. Why would I support a game that mostly disregards me?

4 Likes

Yeah. Its bettee to keep listening to whales with stockholm syndrome.

4 Likes

I dont think we need more classes which are de facto another Assaulter rip-off. Make most “SFs” Assaulter weapon and the FG42 a Gunner weapon. After all, thats their main purpose as class.

4 Likes

Not afraid of automatic weapons, just disgusted by constant spam.
(after merge it will be worse, like much worse…)

Yep! They are making this impossible… Instead, they should insentivize grabbing just a few high tier weapons and not just spamming them, that way, you can all have fun, even the broke ones that are grinding/have a gold order, keep variety of equpment in games while avoiding the top tier spam.
You had a nice idea about fixing that here mr @VoyoMayPL :

Where that idea came from
I also revised my ideas here:

@Adamnpee He didn’t say he doesn’t enjoy “high level weapons”, he said he doesn’t like “full auto mayhem”, which is not just a “minority” position. Also, f2p players are the backbone of f2p games like this one. Alienating them can kill games through lack of players to fill lobbies…

@VoyoMayPL Exactly!

@mergenthewise, Look above, me (@xaos_) & @VoyoMayPL are brainstorming ideas on how to not let spam be the only reasonable option because of matchmaker…

unrelated point i want to adress:

The main problem with these weapons is the inconsistency with their assigned type.
Currently, they are supposed to be sorted as:
.a) Classified as an MG (BAR’s,…) : is an MG
.b) Full power cartridge select fire rifles (AVT-40,…) : is a rifle
.c) Intermediate cartridge select fire rifles (StG44, AS-44,…) : is a SMG
.d) pistol & intermediate cartridge semi-auto carbines (M1 Carbine, *) : is a rifle
*(gold order pistol-caliber carbines)

But, this isn’t consistent. AT ALL.

When the MkB42 / MP43 / StG44 were added to the game, they were available for most soldiers (rifleman, engineer, etc…) but it was “too OP” and they were lumped with the SMG’s.
They completely forgot to give the same treatment to the M2 Carbine (the US equvelant) even though we have the ((old) gold order) M2A1 Carbine (w.wire stock) with the SMG’s. (bugged tho, kills count as “semi-auto” kills).

They also have a problem with[u] “elite light MG’s” like the FG 42 which is labeled as a rifle while it’s tooltip literaly says: “Elite light machine gun, …”, while it’s american equvelant, the Jonson LMG (only in the pacific for now, but the M2 Carbine still exist…) is an MG, so the US is the only nation that doesn’t have a Full power cartridge select fire rifle (gold order weapons don’t really count, since you can’t equip full squads with them)

Last, why is the VG 1-5 an SMG??? Semi-auto weapons have no place in assaulter squads, so why is the VG 1-5 only available for them? It’s tooltip even says: “VG 1-5 semiautomatic rifle was…” and it’s not much better than the M1 Carbine. Just remove 1 mag (or 2) and let normal infantry use them! (with -1 mag it will be a worse (gold order) Gewehr 43 in 7.92x33mm Kurz, and with -2 mag’s it will have 15 rounds less than the M1 Carbine)

TL/DR: FG 42 & Jonson LMG should be categorised the same (either both at rifles, or MG’s), M2 Carbine shoyld be classed as an SMG, and the VG 1-5 has no place as an “SMG”, it’s a semi-auto rifle.

2 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

IMO, semi autos are the only other weapons that do work with assault squads besides shotguns.
Reason being the quicker fire/fast paced close quarters combat.

Also the V G 1-5 is a beast of a weapon and way too good to be considered a semi auto, as you can tap it quick enough to compete with AR’s and smgs

1 Like

Don’t ever disrespect my beloved Berlin. It has its problems but it’s vowed to work on them and do better. Give her a chance.

Yes, semi-autos work in close quarters combat, and that includes the M1 Garand & Gewehr 43 (for example)

So is the M1 Carbine. so why are they treated differently??? They are similar weapons, so put them in the same category!
It is the only semi-auto rifle limited to assaulters, which makes no sense. Either treat it like all the other semi-auto carbines, or limit all carbines to assaulters only (incliding the M1 Carbine)

It’s insane seeing the M2 Carbine on normal infantrymen while the VG 1-5 is limited to assaulters only. The other way around makes more sense.

“toxic automatic spam” is a big problem, but the biggest problems are more general that just berlin. Gray-sone camping, endless & one-sided CAS spam and tank power disparity (look at berlin again LOL) are equally as big problems and WAY more prevelant.

2 Likes

I gotta say you are definitely right. I have no real arguments against it. I just don’t take the devs that seriously anymore as most suggestions that have been asked for since ages ago have been ignored. The other thing is at this point most people have their squads how they want them with the current system after having to grind out those late game weapons. people take it personally when changes come that will alter their perfect setups

2 Likes

Because that’s the trajectory of the game Gaijin chose. And now that the train has long gone with this style, it remains to adapt or not play if you cannot find the fun factor for yourself in this medium.

It seems you said the problem yourself, you are welcome to play RO2 though.

1 Like

I might be considering to take a look on Hell Let Loose and I already talked to some including fellow RO2 veterans about it. Just gotta wait for a sale.

I’m already preparing for the worst on Enlisted with even worse chance to mess it up with the merge and BR system.

2 Likes