Why automatic rifles are all over the place?

I noticed this the other day on my feed

5 Likes

I have seen the same thing and I do have RS2 on my library as well. As I research through HLL finding stuff from RO2 and RS2 veterans and their sentiment about it, thereā€™s some mixed bag on certain mechanics.

Seen some people get turned off on HLL and I donā€™t think $30 justify such a game that doesnā€™t have some stuff RO2 have like native voices.

3 Likes

The Mkb is an Assault rifle, the Federov is an auto rifle

I donā€™t think we need a new class just for automatic rifles. I think one of the factors in all these complicated debates is how each faction handled their automatic rifles

For example, the US used the Bar in basically the same role as the German MG. While the FG42 was mostly a semi rifle that could go automatic for specific situations. So I wouldnā€™t make the FG42 an LMG because itā€™s not

Theoretically they could make the original BAR into an auto rifle while the others BARs remain LMGs because those were specifically turned into that role

The whole core of these debates is what classes should have auto rifles. Some say Machine Gunners but I disagree because itā€™s in the name, they are not MGs. But on another hand SOME were used tactically for fire support. Some say Assaulters, but on another hand some Auto rifles were primarily used just like any other rifle and could just go automatic for emergencies or certain situations.

I am not opposed to any overhauls but I donā€™t like radical change too quickly, so for the foreseeable future I think auto rifles should stay as riflemen weapons

1 Like

Does anyone actually use the full auto of most of those weapons? (Outside of M2 and MkB) For me itā€™s muscle memory by now to instantly switch to semi any time I can
(I guess it would be kind of nice to un-power creep the game a bit though)

1 Like

Same. Iā€™m waiting for Nov 21 - Nov 28, 2023: Steam Autumn Sale, and Iā€™ll try to touch HHL a little bit myself. Iā€™m just a very solo-oriented player, and Iā€™ll try to manage my team of a few friends together.

Iā€™m also preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

Also. WW2 Online is making a huge update, porting the whole game into Unreal engine. That gonna be huge. Just they work very slowly on that project lacking resources, but itā€™s going.

2 Likes

I was browsing through some youtube videos, Steam reviews and various forums finding the sentiment of RO2 and RS2 veterans. It did raise some red flags though such as Team 17ā€™s different vision from the OG devs alongside gunplay not the same as RO2.

Its not like Enlistedā€™s better on gunplay especially on the rifles like Mosin and SVT not the same feel as RO2ā€™s. Insurgency is what I got in my mind when it comes to automatic rifle besides RS2 Vietnam where the STGs in Enlisted sound like BB guns.

3 Likes

True. From what Iā€™ve read, they have a harder time managing HHL than the old devs. HLL used to be famous for having the best devs on the market. Now it is not clear how it will be. It is possible that HLL may ā€œsoftenā€ the full war sim structure in the future. But I think it would be a death sentence. But in any case, HLL is now positioned as one of the best immersive WW2 games on the market.

1 Like

Please refrain from going off topic

TLDR
New devs wanted to make HLL a bit more ā€œarcadeā€ (a bit of an overstatement) and they made some decisions that caused playerbase to get halfened.

Now Iā€™ll stop to not get banned :point_up:

2 Likes

Is the new enlisted going to be laggier than the old enlisted?

Well, FG 42 are literally mean Paratrooper Rifle 42.
But devs donā€™t care about word ā€œrifleā€.(Since VG1.5 in which description written thatā€™s are rifle, but they still added is as assault gun or even as mp)
On other hand it like machinegun will be useless.
So I agree with you, but no. It should be as gun for few random classes(like only for radio operators).

1 Like

Not really.
If we split MGs like in BFV:

• LMGs - can be ADSed etc.
  • MMGs - canā€™t be ADSed etc.

Then FG42 could serve similar role to the US BAR.
And then maybe make something like this.

• Tier I
    US - BAR (LMG)
    Ge - MG34 (MMG)

• Tier II
    US - BAR II (LMG)
    Ge - MG42 (MMG)

• Tier III
    US - M1919A4 (MMG)
    Ge - FG42 (LMG)

So in this tier they get weapons similar to what their enemies have.

Imo it makes sense.
But I guess ppl wonā€™t like it because it lacks DAKA!!!

2 Likes

The classification of the Fedorov needs to be corrected where its an automatic rifle that uses a full sized rifle cartridge the 6.5x50SR Arisaka which is the same cartridge used for various 6.5mm Arisaka rifles and machine guns like Type 11 and Type 96. This is a battle rifle or an automatic rifle not an assault rifle much like the FG42 despite the complicated design.

3 Likes

ADSed? Well, Iā€™m stupid and I donā€™t understand the abbreviation because of this I canā€™t right answer.
But as I understand it, we are talking about mobility and ease of use outside of bipods.
This makes sense, but not with the current terrible spread, which still looks illogical. First they need to change it.

In addition, it will give some diverse experience, perhaps I will took 2 patronentrommel and one fg42. Instead of 3 mg 34.

1 Like

ADS stands for Aiming Down Sights.

And thatā€™s what I meant more or less.

1 Like

Well, I get your point few years earlier xD

This is something that enlisted developers cannot implement. Instead, you have bullets flying out at an angle of 30 degrees if you accidentally moved.

Oh, no, in fact, the sight is down when you calmly descend from the stairs.

1 Like

What makes Enlisted fun is that squadmate lives let you play more dynamically and deal with annoying campers. Iā€™m stupid blind and canā€™t play any of the lawnchair simulators because I never see anyone. Here you have tracers, killcams and instant ā€œrespawnsā€ so I can deal with of all the MG, roof and lawnchair campers because most battle rifles will work on them and I love it. If I wanted to play worm simulator Iā€™d be playing Squad

2 Likes

I am aware of the term but I am also aware of Dfs akward policy regarding paras where the FG would only make sense if they remove it from the free grind and put it into a event or premium squad. The resulting fallout would probably even radiate the Alpha Testers.

Is basically a BAR and Johnson as Voyo stated. I think the FG was even a Gunner weapon back in the Alpha.

1 Like

I look at it how the weapon was used tactically. The BAR and FG are both automatic rifles, but the BAR was used like an MG while the FG was basically a semi auto that you would use automatic for specific situations

I think at best the original BAR could be made into an auto rifle if weā€™re being picky, but the other BARs remain as ā€œMGsā€ because thatā€™s the role they were pressed into. The FG Iā€™m fine remaining a universal rifle

1 Like