Why automatic rifles are all over the place?

The BAR was also issued to non-“MG”-troops due to logistic reasons.

During the war Bar men commonly removed the bipod because it was a pretty heavy gun. Maybe we could get a BarA2 Field Modification variant that would be the Automatic rifle class

1 Like

Great idea, I love that. Good but still different counterpart to FGs.

Yea, of course.
BAR it’s too rifle.
But yes, even here they could not come to a consensus, the FG42 is a rifle, but the bar is a machine gun. Bullshit as it’s are.

Well, I still can’t accept the machine gun classification for these two rifles, it sounds silly. A machine gun is something that suppresses and has sufficient ammunition for a long battle. In case of an DP, it’s just a heavy automatic rifle. But this two still have small mag and quiet light(If I right remember). So I guess it’s better to change them to assault rifles class.

Whats the point of Assaulters and Gunners then if literally anyone can equip automatic guns which are mostly better than their own guns, especially machine guns and non-AR and drum Assaulter guns?
Edit: Even ARS suck compared to AVT and FG and US doesnt even have a AR.

2 Likes

Good for grind on lower BRs.

You mean what?
I don’t remember any bad weapons with a drum. Although the developers obviously tried to nerf the same ppsh.

I’m not arguing. But also completely limiting all other classes to rifles is also not very good.
Engineers, for example, can now use shotguns.
Riflemens - rifles with a grenade launcher.
Then let the radio operators have access to automatic rifles, since they are quite rare and they do not have a backpack. In addition, as I remember, in most campaigns, the first sf rifles appear with radio operators 2.

And maybe let gunners and assaulters also use sf rifles.
I guess it’s best variant.

1 Like

You don’t have to change the classification if the guns, just give gunners the option to use either lmgs or automatic rifles. The goal is to force players to make choices and create more diversity in loadouts while limiting the number of fully automatic weapons a squad can deploy.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure a lot of people hoped that Enlisted was going to be somewhat like this in the early stages, and due to their advertising. Instead they did a complete 180 and now the game might die. Then again, most games nowadays are devolving their quality to be more mainstream and produce more funds without putting much in, or simply rely on modders to make the game better for them (Tommy with the Big Action mod or Erika when she actually made the Pacific maps accurate when they had HESCO Barriers on them).

1 Like

Cant really think of a game I play these days that hasnt released with a fraction of the content/mechanics of its predecessor…

Game developing has certainly fallen into the blackhole of cash grab.

Its gotten so bad that i havent bought several of the newest titles of my all time favourite game series.

1 Like

BG3 is objectively superior to its old predecessors.

1 Like

Glad to hear something was done right then. I dont play that

1 Like

Metroidvania is having a comeback and indie games with low budget having higher viewers than aa titles.
Industry is a decayed corpse nowadays.
But they have the audacity to blame games like baldurs gate 3 for “rising expactations” :rofl:

3 Likes

Should be the standard. How hard is it to build upon what you have already created and refine and add more.

Instead of cutting out half of it with each iteration and dumbing everything down

2 Likes

Yep.
I especially love this video

https://youtu.be/7iO2mNCzM1k?feature=shared

And comparison between BG3 and Diablo IV.

I won’t even mention how Blizzard sent some level designers to the livestream. They had no idea how to play the game, all they used was auto attack

DF is still way above today’s average imo.

1 Like

Yeah. Much more interested in Indies and such these days

Even my beloved Total War is struggling to hit the mark now and releasing DLCs as full priced titles.

Don’t worry, my most favorite game series Gothic has been dead since 2002.
There’s remake planned, but I don’t have high expectations.

1 Like

theres a blast from the past. I loved that back in school.

1 Like