We need better maps (The end?)

This will be a part 2 from one of my most popular suggestions https://forum.enlisted.net/t/we-need-bigger-maps/2564?u=73507743 (I flagged my own post because it was too old if you wonder why is it ignored)

As a lot of players agreed maps in Moscow campaign are too small and need reworks I figured out we all have similar goals. I want to bring this suggestion to new players who joined in after new year to see their opinion on this thread

Why am I still pushing this suggestion?
The reason is because in the last update, no reworks has been made with maps at all (see my complain here Feedback for update 0.1.13.25 - #111 by 73507743)
That means there are still high chances devs didn’t notice the complain or didn’t find it appealing.

Why is this an issue
Current maps are just very small in general. Current conquest maps can be very exciting in lone fighters mode but also very annoying when playing squads mode. I loose my 7 men in squads more often than I loose my single guy in lone fighters which turns the gameplay into a huge meatgrinder.
Invasion maps are better suited for squads but even those maps are very narrow and most fights happen inside villages and not on open fields so SMG rules the game.

And it’s mostly because these maps are not suited for such huge numbers of soldiers.

Even irl you wouldn’t send 70-100 people to attack one house. You would obviously send 10-20 people and that’s why lone fighters is balanced

I suggest making current conquest maps lone fighters exclusive and making invasion maps bigger, ,making the distance of two spawns wider, making open field engagements so one team can charge at the other while dodging incoming bullets and hiding behind tanks or APC’s to make their chances of survival bigger.

The defending team will have some time to build fortifications, cannons… but they will also be outnumbered by attackers. See my last suggestion (there is a link at the beginning of this thread) for more information.

There’s also been brought up that maps have little to no snow, snow blizzards, snowstorms or fog
Eastern front was famous for it’s extreme temperatures.

Here are some pictures of how should it look like
Note: I didn’t take these pictures in Russia, I took them in South-eastern Europe so temperature was about -3 degrees Celsius. In Russia it’s even colder than that:

I also sent some other pictures from the actual war in the last topic, here is a copy from that:

16 Likes

I don’t think open maps are a good idea. I would like to see infantry hiding behind APCs, tanks etc but it’s not gonna happen. It require too much organization which is hard to achieve even with voice chat. And fact that the game may be F2P means that any noob can instal it and spread haos.
1583134895_ezgif.com-optimize(7)
(I have no idea what movies are shown here but it looks nice.)

Snowed maps are welcomed.
1593466631_2e8c7f564726a334df114e501dcf60ba

I think bigger maps could make things better, but only for invasion mode and only while we have mobile spawns. Conquest for example on monastyr is already painful and boring, while monastyr in invasion is completely different and refreshing story.

6 Likes

that’s exactly what I meant, bigger maps for Invasion exclusive and smaller maps for conquest exclusive.

Maps like Monastery and Church should be Lone fighters exclusive

2 Likes

I don’t refer to maps as in hell let loose, just bigger than what we have now.

You don’t think current maps are too small?

Edit: I’m referring to maps as in Normandy campaign
In Normandy I could jump behind the tank with my Springfield sniper and kill all enemy gunners

1 Like

I do think they are too small. But open ground will mean massacre of attackers.

But attackers are bigger in numbers.
Were you there during the Normandy campaign?

I was at home and my PC was serviced XD

You mean it was being repaired?

Sth like this.

I suggest you to watch videos on youtube about Normandy campaign
A guy who is called JustGameplayYT recorded a bunch of videos from Normandy campaign
Maps on Normandy were much bigger.

1 Like

It looks much better than Moscow I have to admit.

1 Like

see :smile:

Then what’s the point of devs creating a 4x4 map if we can only use small part of it and turn it into shitty meatgrinder?? Ughh just sayin’ though…smh

Maybe devs thought it was a good idea

But its not, actually…its only a waste of time and waste of such great potential for devs to make a small part of it…not fully or the appropriate one

Definitely not a good idea to make a such small area-turned meatgrinder.

Wait, i have some ideas for how the expanded map should be in each place we playing at (if u guys have another idea, be my guess hehe)

Each I highlighted represents all place we playing at

• Black is for vysokovo village (should work for invasion & assault)

• Red is for kamenka river

• Yellow is for birch grove

• Light blue is for monastery (should work for conquest & invasion)

• Lime is for beloe lake

• Gray is for avangard collective farm

As for pokrovskoe city i still dont have any idea :sweat_smile: :v:

I hope devs will notice and consider this idea…cheers

1 Like

Monastery invasion does lead me to believe that the meat grinder is a community problem, or more optimistically an objective design problem.

When the objective is the main breach in the wall, there are 4 ways the attackers can get into the monastery- the main breach, the gate next to the main breach, the breach in the wall to the right, and the gate in the wall to the left.

You would think there would be at least some minor flanking action at least through the second breach at any time, but what I see is that the attackers always just zerg the front gate rather than trying to open up a flank and relieve pressure on the main assault.

1 Like

I never had problems attacking the monastery

But my post was not about that, my post was about average lifetime on these maps which is very low.

And it’s mostly because these maps are not suited for such huge numbers of soldiers.

Even irl you wouldn’t send 70-100 people to attack one house. You would obviously send 10-20 people and that’s why lone fighters is balanced

What ever you suggested was what originally planned an asymetrical game but now all those ideas have been thrown out i guess