Some unique weapons used by Japanese

First lets start by Looking at stuff that’s not confusing man researching this stuff made my head hurt looking through foreign language articles also I should mention that don’t worry about ROF of semi-autos cause all of the semi-autos in game is heavily exaggerated i.e G43 IRL ~30 RPM IG 350
and or M1 GARAND IRL ~40–50 RPM IG 350 most

The First World War brought significant interest in the development of automatic infantry weapons. In the post-war period, models with various automatic systems for both rifles and submachine guns began to enter the commercial market, which could not help but attract the attention of military representatives of the Japanese army and navy abroad.
Approximately from 1927 to 1931, Japanese representatives purchased individual samples of self-loading and automatic rifles from Denmark, France, Czechoslovakia, England, and the USA.

Madsen-Rasmusen

rifle of the 1903 model, caliber 8x58R, with a long barrel stroke with locking, a magazine for 9-10 round. The rifle was rejected due to the complexity of the mechanism. a rate of fire of 60 rounds per minute.

RSC 17

designed by Riberol, Sutter and Chauch,model 1917, caliber 8x50R, gas-operated automatic with rotary cylinder locking, non-detachable magazine, loaded with a pack of 5 rounds.ate of fire 45-50 rounds per minute. The rifle was rejected due to its weight of 5275 grams, frequent breakdown of mechanisms and springs, and a special pack for cartridges.

Vickers Pedersen T2E1 Experimental Rifle

the Pedersen rifle from Vickers-Armstrong was purchased in several samples. Pedersen rifle model 1930, caliber .276 (wrantless), non-detachable magazine, loaded with a pack of 10 rounds. , rate of fire 50 rounds per minute. The rifle underwent extensive testing and was copied by the Koishikawa Army Arsenal.

M1922 Bang rifle

for comparative tests (not for adoption), Bang-Springfield rifles of the 1922 model and Browning systems of the 1918-1922 model (known as the Browning light machine gun. BAR m1918) of 7.62x63 mm caliber were purchased.
The bang-Springfield system, model 1922, caliber 7.62x63 mm, gas exhaust mechanism of a muzzle gas trap with locking, non-detachable magazine, loaded with 5-round clips. , rate of fire 40 rounds per minute.
The rifle was used in comparative tests with Japanese experimental designs.

Beretta m38/43

In June 1943, the Yokosuka Naval Arsenal submitted an application for the purchase of a batch of Beretta submachine guns in the amount of 350 units, complete with three 20-round magazines and 2000 rounds of ammunition.
Before Italy left the war on September 8, 1943, in early August, the first and only batch of M38/43 submachine guns, 50 units with 150 magazines and 50,000 rounds of 9 mm M38 caliber, arrived at the Yokosuka base.
In general, the Japanese version of the M38/43 is not much different from the Italian one, except for the absence of any markings with the full name of the manufacturer or affiliation with the Japanese fleet; there are acceptance marks in the form of a kanji and letter marks (in the form of two letters) on parts manufactured by Beretta.
The main purpose of these submachine guns remains unclear. Perhaps they were purchased for comparative tests (but a non-standard cartridge for Japanese weapons), or perhaps for sabotage operations in the rear of the Australian, New Zealand and British armies (which used similar 9mm cartridges).
One way or another, this was the last purchase of small arms by the Japanese fleet. It should be mentioned that in March 1943 in Germany, 5 MP-40 units were handed over to the military representative of the Japanese army for review, the further fate of which remained unknown (perhaps they remained in Germany like the Tiger tank purchased in 1944).

Experimental submachine gun Type I model 1934.

An interesting fact is the attempt to offer this Type I model of 1934 for service with British tank crews in 1938. After testing, the British army commission rejected this submachine gun due to delays, an unstable rate of fire due to contamination of the pneumatic shock absorber and overheating of the recoil spring (from heating) around the barrel, as well as the non-standard 8mm Nambu cartridge.
The number of Type I submachine guns produced in 1934 is estimated at 50 units. It was tested by the Imperial Japanese Army in 1936 and 1937, supposedly underwent military tests in southern China (there is no confirmation of this fact yet), information about tests and use in the imperial fleet is not confirmed.

Modification of the experimental submachine gun Type II A model 1942

This submachine gun was discovered by representatives of the British army among the captured weapons of the Japanese Imperial Army in Singapore. In practice, this model corresponded to the design previously found in Burma Type II A of the 1934 model, but had some differences and changes in design.
Type II A of the 1942 model was slightly shorter than the 1934 model and did not have a device for attaching a bayonet.

Experimental Type III submachine gun

After the final and final tests of the Type II A submachine gun of the 1934 model in December 1938, unsatisfactory results were obtained regarding accuracy (with single fire at all distances, and good with automatic fire at short distances), and reliability of the automatic operation (with long-term shooting and increased contamination of mechanisms, overheating of the return spring and clogging of the pneumatic shock absorber), the requirements for the projected jidou-tanjuu “short machine guns” (製短機関銃) were revised.
Model Type III A, designed by 1938, was a model based on ideas close to the design of the Bergmann MP 18/I submachine gun, to which numerous changes were made by the design department of the company Chuo Kogyo K.K (in December 1936, Namby Arms Manufacturing Company changed its name) under the leadership of Colonel Sadamitsu Toguchi.Initially, the Type III prototype (試製三型機関短銃(原型) was a Nambu training machine gun adapted for 8x21mm pistol cartridges instead of the 6.5x5mmSR intended for training with a short lead bullet.
Also, instead of a barrel with a smooth bore, a rifled barrel was installed on the prototype.
The 228 mm long barrel with 6 right-hand rifling is removable and attached using a transverse wedge bolt to the receiver; the inner surface of the barrel, including the chamber, is chrome-plated in order to increase resistance to corrosion and wear.
To supply ammunition to the submachine gun, a 30-round magazine with a double-row exit from the 1934 model was used. The magazine was attached through a milled neck on the left.

Submachine gun Nambu type 100 model 1940 modified for paratroopers

Performance characteristics of the Type 100 (Hyaku-shiki kikan-tanjuu) submachine gun, model 1940, modified in 1942 for paratroopers, caliber 8x21mm Nambu, open-end 30-round magazine, total length 872 mm, with folded butt 556 mm, with bayonet 1260 mm. , barrel length 228 mm, rate of fire 450 rounds per minute, weight with an empty magazine 3800 g, with a full magazine 4385 g

Japanese self-loading rifle of the Kokura Arsenal

A single copy received as a trophy in 1945 from the Kokura arsenal has survived and is stored in the museum of the US National Rifle Association.
This rifle was first mentioned in the article “Japanese Rifles and Carbines” by MD Waite in American Rifleman magazine, February 1958.
Also in the book “Military rifles of Japan” (5th edition) by Honeycutt FL, Jr. on page 169 there is a photo and a brief description of the Kokura Arsenal rifle.

Shisei Type Hei model 1934

Shisei Type Hei model 1934.
Type C Presumably manufactured by Nippon Special Steel.
Cartridge 6.5x50mmSR
Magazine for 20 rounds.
the rate of automatic fire is 600-700 rounds per minute
(according to other sources, 450-600 rpm)
But alas, there is no more detailed information about the weight and size characteristics.

Japanese Federov

I really don’t know if they made one of these as I cant find further info on it but the design on the photo is unique and
Structural diagram of the ``1925 Fedorov automatic rifle’’ created by the Japanese military. This rifle is believed to be a derivative of the M1916. this is whats written in Japanese wiki for フェドロフM1916 rifle which is federov

type 4 rocket launcher with 90 mm rocket

According to wiki it could punch 120 mm of steel (wiki page just search 試作九糎空挺隊用噴進砲)

and lastly this one is actually interesting fact rather than gun

the military attache of the Japanese Imperial Navy, Admiral Yokoi, draws up a purchase agreement (dated September 27, 1943) for six units of MP-44 assault rifles. Date of completion/acceptance 09.19.1944
But most likely they never reached Japan

Could be a great event weapon to give Japnease MP-44

14 Likes

No thanks. I will rather have some unique experimental weapons rather than copy paste stuff

4 Likes

Well I don’t like giving copy paste stuff to nations ,too but japan is not a country known for its small arms unfortunately , also a Japanese event squad armed with MP-44s is very unique in my mind not the gun itself but becuase the gun is used by Japanese is what makes it unique anyway At this point for Japan we are closing in to hitting the wall

Not a lot of them unfortunately in the case of Japan

1 Like

Speaking of unique Japanese weapons…
main-qimg-0ac04706d022e8c18f23119feaac42d4-lq

It is a serious weapon, even in military instruction books.
It also appears in national mangas.
images (2)
images (1)
que-12120095842

Funny you say that when you literally posted a picture from the report that has all the features of the gun listed.
See this message for more details from the report: Japanese BR5 automatic rifle - #27 by Killerwolf1024

1 Like

Well I dare to say I do not speak Japanese so I used Russian and English sources which didn’t have any characteristics posted though doesn’t matter at this point since its already in-game and I assume they used the stuff in the characteristic sheet you posted

I don’t speak Japanese either. English sources on Japanese experimental weapons are usually dubious at best (see the whole mess that now has everyone calling the Model 1/2 SMGs “Type 1/2” with the A thrown in there at random).
But yes I hope they did a bit more research on the Ultra-light machine gun than they did on the Tokyo Arsenal SMG

2 Likes

My friend, DF really uses the weapon information you provided.
How interesting, I really want to use it now!