Japanese BR5 automatic rifle

I could only find these 2 LMGs for Japan that could be good for high tier but I couldn’t find signs of them being used as infantry weapons maybe @Killerwolf1024 would be able to tell

1 Like

Or federov MG, since it is…

I would love to see if this is given to japan Germany getting
Dornier Do 335

1 Like

You could just introduce the Fedorov assault rifle to the Japanese, in the battles at Halkin Gol and Lake Hasan they were able to trophy several copies.

This rifle makes me cry.

Fedorov was used as an MG and somehow it’s an AR in the game. Type Hei MG is literally firing the same 6.5 Arisaka round as Fedorov, I really don’t see why only Soviets should have bias.

2 Likes

Because Japanese do have potent playerbase unlike Soviets, but your point is very solid.

1 Like

Fedorov Avtomat was only during the Great War, 1920-1928 and Winter War, which makes extremely unlikely that Japanese soldiers could have captured any of them.

There was 2 version of this gun. The main difference is the weight.
This gun also capable of mounting a gun shield.

So we can choose 1 version and give it a gun shield, lower recoil and better accuracy.
Now you have an assault rifle.
Use the other version and give it greater recoil and worse dispersion.
Now you have a SF rifle.

For Mg you can use aircraft mg like the type98 mg which is license-copy of the Mg15.

For tank dev already decided to add Ho Ri. Maybe WarThunder will add O-i one day so we can add it in game.

1 Like

I’d rather just have it without the shield and it be the Japanese AR.

2 Likes

may be a nice adition, but i don,t think it,s enough to stop M2 caribine.

M2 caribine is a SMG that everone can use, BUT

it,s a god damn GOOD SMG.

i would stay whit this moster, since this is actualy a a assault rifle. since this gun is cleary enough to stop M2 caribine.

SF means Select Fire rifle which Type Hei MG is not, since its full-auto only, it would work like an Fg42 stuck in full-auto which is clearly better than what Japan has now (literally nothing), but 20 rounds for a full-auto weapon you can’t even fire in semi-auto kinda beats the idea of SF, it would be an Assault Rifle available to everyone.

1 Like

japan need some sirius firepower, it,s not to be a bad weapow, it,s to be a OP weapow since it,s the last one in Rifleman tech tree.

I don’t think it is only full auto.
Capture
This is the test document of this gun.
Look at (2)
單發及連發機構有ス
It means it has single shot and continuous shot mechanism.
https://www.jacar.archives.go.jp/aj/meta/listPhoto?LANG=default&BID=F2006090102524950468&ID=M2006090102525450541&REFCODE=C01007114600

page5 of the pdf.

I don’t know Japanese so I use google translate.

2 Likes

If a Japanese speaker can confirm then we should really let a helper know.
This weapon deserves to be in the game.

yes it can

2 Likes

@Euthymia07
Hi, Im sorry for the tag.
The community did some research and found a very interesting Japanese gun that has the potential to fill the role of Japanese BR5 select fire rifle which Japan is desperately lacking at the moment.

In short:
the prototype MG version (ultra light machine gun) of Type Hei rifle.
20 round magazine, both full-auto and semi-auto settings.

2 Likes

that gonna be has much venon a FG42 is.

but that,s the ideia. it is about a OP gun, and japan is dare need of it.

Thanks for the tag, regarding high tier weapons I’ll just link this post of mine Japan Small Arms Balancing Discussion Thread - #66 by Killerwolf1024

Funny enough there’s plenty of machine gun options for Japan (prototype-improvised-adopted) that aren’t in the game yet.

2 Likes

Should be noted that there is also a 30 round magazine, I’ll post the gif I made again which shows the 30 round mag.

I’ll give some other stats since people are interested in this gun a lot and there sometimes is just plain wrong info on them

(Translated and discussed with a friend of mine)
Name: Ultra-Light Machine gun
Manufacturer: Nippon Special Steel
Length: 1,007mm,
Weight: 5.4/5.6kg
Action: Toggle-lock, closed bolt
Sight: Aperture rear sight with tangent leaf, adjusted by a drum.
Rate of fire: 720rpm
Bayonet lug: yes
Selector switch: Three position (safe, semi and full) selector lever
Reload: by changing mag or loading with clips
Magazine Capacity: 20 round (30 round mag was made as well)
Recoil: worse than Type 96 LMG, but better than infantry rifle.
Overheat: cook offs often occurred
Muzzle velocity: 730m/s
Accuracy: Worse than Type 96 LMG firing in semi at 300 and 700 meters, even with shield attached. Firing in auto at 300 meters, all rounds were in a 4×4m2 square except the first round
Magazin release position:
grafik

If you wonder what the “bar” right in front of the magazine is, our best understanding is that its a dust cover that could be closed when you remove the magazine.

Where normally LMGs would be issued one per squad (分隊) the Ultra-light machine gun would be issued two per squad. We’re not sure if it was crew served but we assume it wasn’t.

Sources:
-試製超軽機関銃審査の件
-“Masterpiece Weapons of the Japanese Army - The Ultimate Weaponry Thorough Study” 日本陸軍の傑作兵器駄作兵器―究極の武器徹底研究 by Jiro Sayama ( 佐山 二郎) page 61-69

3 Likes