New USA/UK anti-tank weapons for "historians"

I would rather have the US use captured Panzerfaust 100 if balance is the issue.

that’s because M1 has 60mm of pen and Panthers side is 45mm thick. The point was that the Allies can’t do almost nothing against German BR4-5 tanks from front, even though I phrased it as worse as I could and I apologize for that.

And most people would not. People have been whining about the soviets using Panzerfausts since day 1, literally no one has complained about things like the Type 4 rifle as well as the Type 4 and Type 5 rocket launchers in the game. Most players tend to be ok with a little bit of bending history so long as it serves the purposes of balance, and it is only when it doesn’t like the AS 44, RD 44 and Federov where the majority of people even begin to approach historical accuracy as an argument.

Always amuses me when people claim “majority thinks this”. Sure.

Literally not a single person? Sure.

Most. Sure.

Anyway, I am against post war stuff and more in favor of captured ones if it is desperately needed for balance.

The game doesn’t add wepoans for “balance”, and never was to begin with

Find me one single person who whined about the Type 4 rifle being ahistoric prior to me bringing it up. Hell, I’ll do you one better, because I’ve found people whining that the Type Hei was less historic than the Type 4 and saying they should be swapped before the Type 4 was added, despite the opposite being true as noted here.
Good God, what the hell is the weapon choice for the Pacific - Mess Room - Enlisted

There has also not been any word about how the Ke Ni, Ho I, Chi Nu and Na To never left the home island because for the sake of balance, those things are fine. There has also never been any word on the base M1918 BAR being ahistoric despite none of them ever seeing service in WW2, having been supplanted by later variants because that was balanced as well. I could keep going, but seeing as your only argument boils down to “Nuh Uh”, I think I’ll stop for my own sake.

Again, that is just you. More people would prefer faction-specific equipment even if it bent the rules of time a bit. Otherwise, you might as well just not have factions to begin with and let everyone have everything.

1 Like

I literally said it was my opinion.

And there’s still no grounds to saying “more people” unless you have a poll.

I have anecdote which yes isn’t much, but it is more than you have. So unless you can find your own anecdotal evidence, I still stand correct.

1 Like

Sir, have you heard of the Marine Corp? I’m sure they had some leftovers by the time WWII kicked off. They ARE the least funded branch of the military and the ones who got the M1918 in the game

Because of budget limitations initial M1918A2 production consisted of conversions of older M1918 BARs (remaining in surplus) along with a limited number of M1922s and M1918A1s. After the outbreak of war, attempts to ramp up new M1918A2 production were stymied by the discovery that the World War I tooling used to produce the M1918 was either worn out or incompatible with modern production machinery

Looks like there were still some old M1918’s laying around at the outbreak of WWII. Sure, they were converted to A2’s, but they were still there. Good enough for Darkflow’s requirements

I am well aware of the Marine Corps, however they did not have M1918s, and they would have had M1918A1s at worse.

I see you pulled this quote off of Wikipedia, so let me clarify it for you. The 1918s were sent to be converted to 1918A2s, while the limited run of 1918A1s were used to fill the gaps in the US Arsenal. As a result, the Marines got the A1s at the start of the war, and the stock BARs were converted to A2s.

That was my point. the stock BAR meets DF’s requirements as well as the Federov however, it doesn’t have nearly as many complaints as the Federov. Why is that? Because it’s mostly balanced.

Honestly I don’t know how more people aren’t complaining about it. It’s an absolute BEAST of an auto rifle and it gets the job done. Love that thing

At BR 3, it’s matched against things like the the Type 96, Sig M1920, Beretta M1, MG 34 and Flamethrowers. Hell, the other two BAR variants are at the same BR for the same price and are also seen as mostly balanced, so it’s mostly overlooked.

Heh, those poor suckers. Having to fight against the superior BAR

Well, it has the worst dispersion of any BAR variant in the game, so…

1 Like

Still, the BAR suits my playstyle the best. Which is to push hard and keep pushing. Doubt I can do the same with the MG’s

Fair, just saying the A2 has superior stats to the stock BAR in every way. Also Type 96 is like a BAR but has more ammo per mag and a bayonet, at the cost of 10% less movement speed so give that a try as well.

Oh yeah I exclusively use the A2. Love the Slow Auto and it has better irons in my opinion. I just refer to them all as BAR’s. Also, praise Browning. Greatest firearm inventor to ever exist

Where is it then?

I literally provided a link to prove one of my points previously. You have provided nothing of your own.

Here are four links of people liking captured weapons to your one supposedly disliking it

For the record I don’t advocate for the addition of captured weapons but I can’t stand it when people use “most players” and “majorty of playerbase” to make their point as if they actually made a poll.

Especially with claims like apparently “most like time travelling weapons”

Again for the record: many men, many minds, but “most players”? There was no poll.

3 Likes