New USA/UK anti-tank weapons for "historians"

if this was criteria for devs to add weapons to the game, then we wouldnt have 50% of the weapons in old campaigns…

1 Like

Yes, they produced a lot of T-34’s

Still doesn’t compare to full American industrial might

Also, I’m kinda joking here

It seems to me that these are slightly different things - the Americans produced ships, planes and tanks. But industry is also the extraction and processing of raw materials.
It is amazing that the USSR was able to produce something despite the loss of a large number of people and factories

2 Likes

They also built the most produced aircraft in history (IL-2) in addition to the two most produced tanks in history, I do think they compare to the american industrial might in term of military equipment. But yeah everything else was not impressive.

1 Like

Yes, props to the USSR where it’s due. Considering all circumstances, even with aid, it’s impressive what they were able to churn out

1 Like

Although the RPD (RD-44 prototype in Enlisted)was ready for mass production during the final stages of World War II, it was adopted in 1948 and large scale delivery of the weapon did not begin until 1953.

-Wikipeda

Is it really 50% of just a beautiful number?

From my experience only about 10% were outright post war.

And for the record I was always against them.

If you ask me it’s disgusting and should’ve never been added

1 Like

That is also the case with the AS-44 mod.5, giving soviets a trials rifle to „balance“ them agains the Germans and happily ignoring the fact that the US tech tree has the last AT gun at BR3 that is inadequate against anything more than Panther’s side armor.

2 Likes

Just for the record: I wholeheartedly hate AT, AS, RPD, Fedorov in the state it is ingame, and even the Maxim Tokarev (1925-27 production of 2500) was replaced by DP-27 as that was the better gun, so it was not this ultimate end game Berlin weapon at all either.

1 Like

50% may be hyperbole, but it is plausible if you apply strict criteria. you would need to remove most of gold order weapons, japanese weapons and time traveling weapons. also in year of service you must include weapon that werent used in ww2 or past certain battle (e.g. fedorov or pz 3 B).

1 Like

That has never been the criteria used for this game, it has always been “if it existed we can add it”. You can cry and scream about it all you like, but that has been the way the devs have decided on all additions to the game. And under that logic, the M20 more than meets any barrier to entry, as it actually started serialized production. Furthermore, it is the epitome of WW2 era AT technology, as it is literally just an upscaled M9 so it would fit in aesthetically as well. Finally, the only other real option for US top tier AT is captured weapons, which is even more of a contentious issue than experimental or produced but unused weapons.

4 Likes

By your logic this “WW2 game” should be Me 163 Komet in Moscow + Tiger in Stalingrad + IS-3 and Maus in Berlin + traditional AS, AT, PPK and RPD + nukes because technically they were there.

Obviously no.

There should always be a line, and to me personally it’s “don’t add unnecesary post war bs”.

You are missing the point entirely. The M20 is more on par with something like the Type 4 rifle, having started serialized production in the time frame and only not seeing service due to how it would place an unnessacary logistical burden on the Americans, who only would have needed an M20 over the M9 or M1A1 in the rare occasion they couldn’t ambush a big cat. Furthermore, speaking strictly from game balance, the US needs something to match the endgame German AT weapons, just like how Japan needed the Type 4 to match the US semi-autos. The M20 is to the M9 what the Panzerfaust 100 is to the Panzerfaust 60. Thus, it is only logical that if the M9 is matched with the Panzerfaust 60, then the Panzerfaust 100 is matched with the M20.

3 Likes

I have seen an M1A1 take out a Panther with one shot

I would rather have the US use captured Panzerfaust 100 if balance is the issue.

that’s because M1 has 60mm of pen and Panthers side is 45mm thick. The point was that the Allies can’t do almost nothing against German BR4-5 tanks from front, even though I phrased it as worse as I could and I apologize for that.

And most people would not. People have been whining about the soviets using Panzerfausts since day 1, literally no one has complained about things like the Type 4 rifle as well as the Type 4 and Type 5 rocket launchers in the game. Most players tend to be ok with a little bit of bending history so long as it serves the purposes of balance, and it is only when it doesn’t like the AS 44, RD 44 and Federov where the majority of people even begin to approach historical accuracy as an argument.

Always amuses me when people claim “majority thinks this”. Sure.

Literally not a single person? Sure.

Most. Sure.

Anyway, I am against post war stuff and more in favor of captured ones if it is desperately needed for balance.

The game doesn’t add wepoans for “balance”, and never was to begin with