Japanese Shotguns, what are the options?

A little context as we all know everyone has a shotgun in the game except for Japan, that of course doesnโ€™t mean there are no options to add to the game here are some examples of shotguns that can be added, bare in mind that the Japanese Military didnโ€™t really wanted to use shotguns due to them not expecting having to fight on the jungle:

• ๐—œ๐—๐—ก ๐——๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ-๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ป:
    EscopetaNavalJaponesa
    Thanks to Killerwolf1024, for suggesting this on another thread, basically the Navy had on their equipment this double-barrel shotgun which was brought from the Hunter Association of Japan due to the scarce of weapons to keep the war going, I tried to look for information about the gun itself but I couldnโ€™t find anythingโ€ฆis also probably because I donโ€™t speak Japanese, to my understanding it probably is an imported shotgun from Europe since around that time Japan imported a lot of shotguns for sports purposes so in game it will probably perform like any other DB shotgun but this time with a Bayonet(the Japanese sure loved their blades)

• ๐— ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฎ ๐—›๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ป:

Based on the obsolete Murata Type 13 & 18 rifles, these shotguns were received by the IJA around mid-war time to closing stages, is a single shot shotgun with the caliber 30 Murata, which was based on the old ammo for the rifle(laton casing) which makes them look like regular ammo it had the option for 2 types of ammo intended for hunting:
    ๆ‘็”ฐ๏ผ“๏ผ็•ชๆ•ฃๅผพ
    [Regular ammo used for the shotgun]
    IMG_2520_2
    [Slug ammo used for the Murata]
    While I know this is a single shot weapon I guess you could compensate by giving us both ammo options to be used, having slug for longer distances and the other for CQC, changing types of ammo wouldnโ€™t be hard anyway, it also could be faster at reloading since is only one shot, for more detailed information about this check this page Murata Shotgun (warning the page is on Japanese), there are actually more than just one model:

but I could only found information on what I think is the very first one on the top, I honestly want to see this gun on the regular tree, is lackluster probably but I donโ€™t know I just like the idea of having to aim your shots or knowing when to the switch ammo types and it could be a great starter shotgun!..but thatโ€™s just me honestly
    VIDEO OF A MURATA SHOTGUN IN ACTION

• ๐—•๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐˜‚๐˜๐—ผ ๐Ÿฑ:

yeah yeah I know what are you thinking, why this? remember that I said Japan used to import shotguns for sport purposes? one of them was the Browning Auto 5, and the IJA indeed received them on later stages of the war, this doesnโ€™t need explanation of the performance but if anything it will probably have to be a BP weapon or event since well no one wants to see Auto 5 vs Auto 5

These are the options I could gather to suggest, but there are probably more options because these shotguns came from Japanese Hunters, again I donโ€™t speak Japanese and while I can navigate through the Japanese web somehow, I probably missed something so if anyone has information about other options please add to the replies!
Edit: I included a link to a Murata shotgun at a shooting range

20 Likes

My vote goes to the bolt action Murata shotgun. Itโ€™s a weird but really unique weapon

http://www.nambuworld.com/muratashotgunpix.htm

2 Likes

I donโ€™t see any problem with Auto 5 vs Auto 5, Germany and the Soviets share some weapons too(C96, the panzerfaust, PPSH-41).

Besides, itโ€™s weird if Japan can only get Auto-5 through BP while the US can get the same weapon in regular tree. Add Auto-5 to Japanโ€™s regular tree can make up for Japanโ€™s shortcomings in semi-automatic firepower.

Bolt-action shotgun is a good choice for BP, itโ€™s like a Japanese Berdan II but in shotgun form.

4 Likes

you know what the double barrel is the most likely to be add out of all of these and maybe the hunting shotgun too

1 Like

Bit late here but some additional options are the very crude late war flare guns made by the Navy, those did chamber 12. Gauge shotshells, had sights and longer barrels than youโ€™d typically need on a flare gun.
โ€œJapanese Military Cartridge Handguns 1893-1945โ€ speculates that these were made for dual-purpose so you could use them as a flare gun or as a weapon, while others say they were only intended to be weapons.
Both a single and a double barrel variant exist.
h48y4y9sev791
(single barrel)
1058497_900
(double barrel)

some additional pictures: Japanese Type 5 Pistol - SPOILS OF WAR - U.S. Militaria Forum

2 Likes

Need

At least, Japanese source says Japanese navy adopted โ€œType 4 double-barrel hand shotgunโ€ (ๅ››ๅผไบŒ้€ฃ่ฃ…้œžๅผพๆ‹ณ้Šƒ)

Purpose: substitute of pistols and machine pistols.
Length: 246 mm
Caliber: 18.8mm
Weight: 1.3 kg
Effective range: 20 m (penetrate 15mm cedar board)
Sprerad: Two submunitions hit a 1 square meter 2 meters apart. (12 munitions)
Future: It is double-barrel hundgun which use shotgunโ€™s ammunition (hunting gun 12-gauge ammo) and easy to mass-produce.
้™ธๆˆฆๅ‚่€ƒ๏ผ็ฌฌ๏ผ‘ๅทใƒป้™ธๆˆฆๅ…ตๅ™จ่ฆ็›ฎ่กจ

Also, Japanese navy used 10th Year Type flare gun (Army type, single-barrel. 35mm), Type 97 flare gun (single barrel, 28mm) and Type 90 flare gun (double-barrel or triple-barrel, 28mm) but they canโ€™t use shotgun ammo.

4 Likes

I really want to see that Navy Double barrel with the bayonet! It would be crazy fun to play once they fix how shite shotguns are in this game

WHAT!?

1 Like