Important changes after the second test

We have this now will go away with merge don’t like high end equipment spam? play Pacific, Tunisia, Moscow you want high end equipment spam play Normandy, Berlin want worst maps in the game play Stalingrad xD

and gray zoning tanks case sacred of at grenades and hand held

1 Like

Im not a “moron” that thinks that “he is too good for fancy high end weapons”, so stop with the pointless insults and say something constructive to the conversation for once. I just pointed out that asymmetric warfare can be fun and that SKILL MATTERS.
I also like high tier gear, i just don’t like the ruthless spam of them…

You are again trying to twist my words. I never said they are equal, i said that hard BR brackets for weapons (that end up making entire groups of guns never face eachother even if they are from the same time period) are unnesesary because you don’t have the armor component of tanks. You just get into position and fire away. Good luck doing that to a Tiger 2H with almost any other tank in the game!
Fighting a fully kitted out PPSh-41 squad with MP28sis not balanced not fun, that was never questioned. But that is NOT a good enough excuse to ban the PPSh-41 from existing alongside equpment & in maps of it’s time period.

Just let people to carry only 1 or 2 of them and be sonewhere in the low tiers, and if they wanna spam it, then they still will end up in top tier (carrying only PPSh-41 and AVT-40)

The spammers will always exist in their corner at top tier. i don’t even care about stopping that, but i don’t want it to end up as the only way to play while being on even footing with your enemy. I dont like spam, and i definetly dont like BR brackets that will inevitably fill with spam.
Battles where everyone has a StG44 = eww.
Battles where everyone has only bolt action rifles = also eww.
Can’t we find a solution that keeps balance, but still allows the LIMITED use of high tier equipment alongside low tier equipment in maps that chronologically make sense for all of them?

At least something as rudimentary as:
You slap 1 tier 4 weapon in a tier 1 squad. Now you have a tier 2 squad instead of a tier 4 one.
That basic thing will keep balance intact while allowing stuff like MG34 to play alongside other early war german equpment in realistic quantities, and all of that while avoiding the high tier MG spam.

That is what im advocating for here, a system that will allow the limited use of high tier gear alongside low tier equipment, rather than a spam defined system that lacks equipment variety and any resemblance of historical accuracy other than bolties = Moscow.

At least have a read in this wall of text to understand what i’m talking about before you make any snarky comments again:

1 Like

That seems to be something that sadly everyone has forgotten about.
Asymmetric balance is not taken into account at all so far, and we dont have a skill based matchmaking.
(even though we really need one)

Add to that gray zone campers, cause i don’t see DarkFlow ever fixing map issues.
And spammers in general.

Yes, but you still can use them. That completely goes away after the merge…

1 Like

Thats the meme people tell for I think three years now and the results are one-sised campaigns 90% of the time.
It totally worked.

Except there is also high end.
There were times that people didnt spam T-34s that could only be reliable pen by like one or two tanks but tanks where even the Panzer II could pen it.

Its so important to know that you smack Mkbs with bas from time to time.

Anyway, skill doesnt change the fact that most guns are better than others and people use the better gun if they can and they can.
Nobody uses BAs if they can use FGs.

Who cares if they dont destroy newbies all the time with tanks newbies cant pen and weapons that have superior dmg, accuracy, magazine size and/or auto fire mode?
Either limit their stuff or lock them away in their own cages.

As of right now so… oh no.

Easily exploitable. I think tommy had a similar system and its gaps were bigger than the Tier III in current BR approach.
WT had a system with people being able to alter the max br with low rating tanks and people exploited the shit out of it so they basically removed it.

2 Likes

People play what the enjoy, not everyone that has top tier gear plays exclusively top tier.
And they don’t want to be slammed into top tier simply because they use a variety of equpment.

newbies = low SKILL players. I don’t hear anything that will fix that.

If you can grab like one FG and play somewhere between low & mid tier with the rest of you equpment being worse that everyone else’s will you enjoy playing there? Will you enjoy the challenge of killing that one FG guy and then stomping over his Kar98 with a mid tier SMG squad? Or you would prefer if the only way to play the FG42 is against endless Fedorov & AVT-40 spam?

Why everyone doesn’t read my post, but still comments on it.
I literally have a wall of suggestions to stop the exploitation of said system.
READ first, comment after! At least the last post, if not my whole thread.

You don’t need big gaps for a system like this to work. You need a more granular system.
BRs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are not enough. Where is BR 2.2 for the people that put a few tier 3 weapons in their tier 2 squads??? The max BR is only 5? What is the uptier/downtier spread??? 1.0? or arbitrary based on tier??? (tier 3 has a ±2 spread? why darkflow???)

Tanks =/= infantry!………

The sole reason that WT canned that system was because you could downtier stuff like a KV-1 low enough that it was literally invincible to anything but CAS.
You can still find some remnants of that system in Air Arcade.
Again, infantry doesn’t have that fundimental issue.
(+ tanks don’t have to deal only with other tanks, sometines it’s not even their main duty)

Because:

IF we had a skill based matchmaker we could have the sweatlords fight eachother while everyone else enjoyed grinding.

In Moscow i have seen more matches where it feels like the USSR doesn’t have any tanks than matches with any T-34s at all. I don’t remember the last time i ever saw a sherman or pz.IV f2 in Tunisia. Also, most oppressive tanks stay back in grayzone and simply never die. It can’t really be spam if you don’t even respawn once…

1 Like

i agree rather have skill based

2 Likes

It still doesnt change reality.
Competition wins. Drum wins, not interwar 20 mag SMG.

There are differences between newbies killed with a Panzer III and newbies killed with a Panzer VI while newbie still has a Stuart.

Probably. People had more fun with that in WT than facing balanced tanks and planes.

Not with the current player count. The devs had more tiers but it splitted people up so much that at the end you would fall back of closing gaps with mm being more tolerant.

If you go down the bare low level of “but you dont need to pen inf”, then yes in terms of Captain Obvious.
This low level mantra would justify a lot of imbalance among infantry because “just aim for head bro lolz”.

Like thats not reaosn enough.
But only one reason seems pretty decent even though the sole reason was pretty horrigic.

Who the fuck enjoys grinding? Grinding is one of the worst aspect of this game and soon people need months just to get a stupid semi auto that isnt crap.

Skill based mm in a game where 40-50% of the enemy squads are bots is really great.
Also makes sense in a game where you have huge arsenal power creeps.

One anecdote vs. hundred anecdotes…

grinding will be worse with the tech tree

1 Like

Honestly i find that to be more of a map issue and isn’t nearly as bad in early campaigns due to AT guns being powerful enough to take out most tanks frontally easily.

I’ve played WT fro 10 years what you described was never a thing. Higest BR vic in lineup decided your lineup.

As for Enlisted a BR system literally makes 0 sense for the game. There were plenty of full auto weapons going into the war and do you think people join games to play with kar98s and springfield 1903s etc? They join games to use iconic ww2 equipment and yet all of the iconic equipment on dev server was tier 4-5 which most new players will never reach as they’ll drop the game before that.

DF is also makign a mistake of alienating the players that support the game for how unique it was. it was one of the rare games that did early war battlefields now that’s getting destroyed.

And they aren’t even adressing the actual issues like painfully slow new squad grinding, crew member slots missing from tank/plane squads, new squads only comming with 1 weapon and 1 soldier of the squad type.

None of the actual issues of grinding the game are addressed at all with merge it just kills the immersion for an (unfulfilled) promise of ‘‘balance’’.

2 Likes

no its payout vs requirement issues its why i left war thunder prize not worth effort or time. And given its Gijin doing the overall probably cause the DF devis they got rid of refused to put this stuff in tec tree will be massively worse grind then levels are given in less than a year i completed 3 campaigns both sides and 2 years in war thunder i made it to tier 3 Bearley. I see new players never getting any ware near the amount of gear pre merge players have without having to buy boosters or a way to pay to skip grind. the merge and all it has screams money mill set up and anti-player enjoyment anti player choice. id rather play game as is with small player base and bots then watch it die slowly.

Also fyi they take in to account that player self-segregate from cross play yet? lot of people i play with chose console only and some wish they could cut it Xbox only. so no matter waht they do there will always be player pool division cause player want to there to be.

Ive also played for 10 years and I vaguely remember something and I certainly did it in planes. I think it Might still even be in Arcade planes, but I havent played that for years.

its still written on the wiki at least

A B C Overall BR
8.0 7.7 7.7 8.0
5.0 4.3 4.0 4.7
4.0 4.0 2.0 4.0
3.7 3.0 2.7 3.3
5.0 1.0 1.0 5.0
2 Likes

Oh it could be in arcade which imo dead gamemode i only played RB and SIM where that was never the case.

1 Like

This is unrelated, but I would like to be able to use chat.

The problem is the matchmaker. I’m tired of playing battle after battle with three teams with 6 players of general rank or above. Do you understand now or will I make you a map?

Right. If you’re trying to approach a tank like Rambo, you’re going to lose that battle most of the time. If you’re a lone infantryman trying to take out tanks and you don’t have an AT Squad, you should be hiding from them instead of confronting them. Since you keep saying you don’t have the equipment/weapons to take out airplanes or take out tanks, you have to either avoid them altogether(they’re f-ing tanks) or use better attack tactics (e.g. only approach tanks from the side or the rear; molotov their engine intakes rather than trying to blow them with explosives; don’t give away your position by firing your weapon; make sure to leave your squad back with cover as you approach it so that you only have yourself to coordinate. The AI can do some stupid things with your squad mates and narc on your position)

With myself as an example, I might blow a tank every third round unless I have my mortar squad in. If so, I’ll take about one per round on average depending on how well the forward recon is at marking targets.

I guess I’m trying to get a feel for whether the problem is with the game or with your play style. So far, I’m thinking the problem is that you expect the game to be shaped around you rather than a reasonably realistic war game where you have to play a role in a battle and rely on others to play theirs.

3 Likes

do you know that this is not measurement of skill. even completely braindead person can easily farm rank if he plays enough on easy campaigns like berlin axis or now tunisia axis…

If someone can reach Marshal rank has 1. Very much free time 2. A little knowledge of the game.

Everybody wants to elude the fact that games are much fun and challenging when there is some paired ranks, i can’t even understand why people is so afraid of rank matchmaking.

1 Like

so they played f or a week strait.