Combat notes: Battle Rating

This.
Let Steam new players do it right from day one.

+1

3 Likes

Which effectively means 3 BRs.

1 Like

interesting.

that’s… so questionable on so many levels.

don’t really mind who types what, but what is being typed.

what made you say that what you face in enlisted around brs, your enemies will be historical?

you do play this game right?

which it’s funny, because the same stuff the other community manager ( at least, the " hamster " guy on steam and discord ) says almost the same thing as you do.

which the case are two;

• you both don’t know what historical accurate means

or worse

• you both don’t play this game.

because i would like to remind you, historical accurate =/= enlisted experience.
you even said it in a devblog:

if you wanna put it as "a ww2 arcady themed game with realistic features and fidelity on historical battles " might save you and make the whole ordeal better. above all, transparent.

as it goes for the br statement, would have been fine without that misleading section. adds nothing but lies.

since… where do we start. outside the fact that squad compositions are not historical, half of the japanese equipment is not historical, and many other items. up to even the cosmetics. so no. what you face is not historical accurate by any mean.

unless you happen to watch those 3 am documentaries with tigers in stalingrad and what not.

( cosmetics are actually somewhat great. yet not historical either, and the selection for moscow and stalingrad is dubbious at best, but still very great and well made )

which it’s to say, it’s fine if enlisted is not historical accurate. it doesn’t have to be.

but for people to spout nonsense and inaccurate statements is truly troublesome.
even in official videos :skull:

look, i’m not trying to be that annoying chick that knows better than anyone and tells the other to do her ways or else, but it’s getting ridiculous at this point.

it’s just not true.
enlisted will never be, and never has been historical accurate.

you might say that it’s based around historical events and uses somewhat historical models, but that’s as far as you can push it.

you know what would make enlisted more historical accurate?
the improvements of customs.

as well as aid modders and players to achieve such goals through mods or customs.

first and foremost:

like. equipment selector?

where the hell is that.
you’re telling me that in a year that is not ready yet?

as much i can understand it’s not a priority, stop lying.

and without going on and on for hours because i’ll absolutely will:

i’ll spare both our time and words

because nothing much has done for the historical accurate buzzword that you guys love keep using.

it’s so frustrating because if you want to make historical matches, you barely can.

even make a simple thing as a pve it’s next to impossible because of team balancer.

and so on and on. hell, even if you want to host a mission you have to be one north america server because if you are on eastern europe or central europe the mods won’t even start for whatever reason.

i swear to god, if it isn’t for devenddar i’d had give up along time ago.

somewhat unrelated… yet still about mods ( potentially HA mods too )

remember this? granted, you didn’t made it.

but like.

where is it.

so many words and not much action.
( i guess the same could be said about my mods… since i have 5 mods, but can’t post a single because pves are not currently supported )
( edit. actually, i wanna be clear, i’m greateful that we will be able to upload custom content. but it’s weird since that has been the priority, and not basic functions over the custom games side of things… )

but whatever, i doubt much will change with this being said.

or maybe i’m pessimistic.

but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting further and further every time.

8 Likes

I don’t want to repat points that have been raised over and over already.

But:

You know what would be GREAT if it came along with the Steam release, and therefore with the wave of fresh new players?

That mythical “Play any faction” XP bonus.

A fresh account needs that the most.

• Reduced queue time
  • Faster progression through the early stages
  • Encourages playing all factions instead of maining one
  • Higher currency gain per time played
19 Likes

That’s very true.

I also wanted to suggest the following:
Option 1. Swap snipers starter squad with engineers starter squad. Don’t teach new players counter-productive camping behavior, teach them proper engineering from game 1.
Option 2. Put one engineer in every starter squad if you think giving a whole engineers squad is too generous.

Up to this day in game chat sometimes I see people reply “I don’t have engineers in my army” when asked “build rally point” – that’s just tragic that a game teaches that pattern of behaviour to new players.

Designer taste checks out

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it, since i made this last year :sob:

2 Likes

My man the playerbase is telling you the reason why they wouldn’t bring in their friends into the game and the most reasonable gaslighting is to threaten them with no changes, unless they bring in more players?

You are making it harder for us to leave a blue review on steam

13 Likes

Hello Keofox

Congratz on the video, I like the style and level of quality, so that is nice to see even if I do not agree on some aspects of the content covered.

May I suggest a different BR split, see what your team thinks:

BR 1 VS BR 1 → this is much needed especially now when moving to steam and seeing how the learning curve is quite big for BR1 with so many squads and different types of weapons being unlocked, a new player will make mistakes and bad investments and give up in the face of BR2 and BR3, by BR2 you would already have a good idea and equipped/upgraded squads which you can enjoy even vs BR3. A bullet is a bullet, indeed, but when you field a Sherman or 2 on the map which you can’t pen, no engineers, no explosive packs just a TnT which you have to move 1 cm away from the tank is quite discouraging.
BR 2 vs BR 2 and 3
BR 3 vs BR 2, 3 and 4
BR 4 vs BR 3, 4 and 5
BR 5 vs BR 4 and 5.

I believe this to be the best version since it will also make it easier when it comes to balancing, as not to have BR3 players trying to nerf Br4 and 5 nor Br1 and 2 trying to nerf Br3 because the jump is considerable, think about soldier ranks and perks, what they can build and such, lvl 1 engi vs lvl 2 is a big powerlevel difference.

Version 2:

BR1 vs BR1
BR2 vs BR2 and BR3
(BR3 vs BR 2, 3, 4, 5
BR4 vs BR 3, 4, 5
BR5 vs BR 3 4, 5) → change is 3 will have 5.

I want to see Enlisted be successful so we.will also need to address the Silver economy and content being locked behind certain maps at some point.

Shiivex? :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s…

That’s beautiful!!! :rofl::joy:

Please send the pic in Veekay45 blasphemy post. My Ju with pinups is almost ready, I only installed 2 pinups yet. I’ll name it “The flying Zuhälter”.

1 Like

Further to the above suggestion. In order to research something you will need to be playing a BR that can be matched against the BR you are researching for example:

BR1 will be able to research BR 2 and vice versa as an exception
BR2 can research 1, 2 and 3
BR3 can research 2, 3 and 4
BR4 can research 3, 4 and 5
BR5 can research 4 and 5

This is an idea we can develop and adjust to fit best the game and balance.

The idea is encourage players to play the higher BRs when available rather than farm BR 2 for example as at the moment the majority play BR2, 4 or 5. At the same time, I might be wrong

Should also be part of the achievements for newbies. Team player: Build 10 rally points in 10 games

2 Likes

OMG, no wonder it sucks!! What was wrong with matching the players by their rank? It made a lot more sense in theory and in real world application

1 Like

Br system in enlisted. :rofl: :rofl:

this is fine

On a more serius note:
Paradivision made a really good post, about how it could be a bit better for new players and experienced players. With br 1/2 - br 3/4 and br5 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Isolating br1 from all others seam absolutely vital when we hit Steam.

Me and many other old players have T2 loadouts with nothing but maxed out soldiers and weapons.

This alone against a player who just got his foot on T2 matches, is an absolute shark Vs goldfish encounter

Nevermind the experience and map knowledge and skills like bombing tanks or timming explosives…

Having this in mind, putting a new player against a T3 maxed out vet player is borderline irresponsible to say the least

Yes " a bullet is a bullet " but

a noob is a noob.

9 Likes

Never understood that logic - if 1 and 2 are together, they might as well be the same BR.

So you actually are proposing 3 separate BRs - which funnily is already more than we have right now.

Queue time gives you or the enemy more time to pull out alive people
Instead of the whole team AI after a quick start

this is really important
Taking into account novices’ ability to gain experience
Novices may have to play more than 100 games to obtain equipment that can gain a foothold in low-level games.
Most newbies can’t play so many games in the current environment

Each camp has its characteristics
Although these characteristics may be somewhat extreme
But I like this setting

Judging from the current income, it should be able to break even.
But novices do need more silver coins to arm themselves

I think that if you want to increase the number of queues to 3, it would be better to do something like this:

BR1

BR2-3

BR4-5

BR1 only matches BR1.
In other words, only BR1 is separated from the current two queues of 1-2-3 and 3-4-5.
Only BR1’s queue will be independent, but I think that with the release of Steam, there will be no shortage of opponents.
Even if there is a shortage of players, BR1 players can still have an exciting game just by playing against bots.

4 Likes

i simply just repeat because thats what over 300 posts says
but it was funny to read and worth it.

specially when Keofox didnt answer anymore

The Chickenpart was the best

I brought the PlungerMan to fix the BR

7 Likes