AT Launcher for BR IV on US, SV, JP

Before writing, my English is not good.
and explaining first, all other factions except Germany need AT Launcher with high penetration long range sniping like Ofenrohr.
Currently, Germany can easily hunt 300m to 500m Gray-Zone Tank using Ofenrohr.
Panzerfaust 100 is also a good AT Launcher, but these advantages can’t beat Ofenrohr.

US

M9A1 with T59 Rocket

It can be penetrate min 210mm ~ 250mm

To explain why the M9A1 is not the M20, the M20 Launcher was developed in 1944, but the 280mm penetration rocket was completed after the End of War.(1948)
There is a record that pre-war rockets are worse than the penetration power of the M9 Bazooka.

That’s why the development was completed before the End of War, and I think it’s more reasonable to add a T59 Rocket similar to Ofenrohr’s penetration.

Soviet
M9A1 with T59 Rocket (Lend-Lease)
or
Ofenrohr (Capture)

Japan
Honestly, this Faction is the biggest problem.
Because Japan does not have such a high-penetrate AT Launcher.

M9A1 with T59 Rocket (Capture)
and
Panzerfaust 100 (Self-Production)
or
(New) Type 97 20mm with Ji-Te Dan 200mm(estimated) rifle HEAT grenade

It may seem strange to self-produce Panzerfuast, but there is a record of receiving a blueprint from Germany.
Based on that, I think I could imagine that They Self-Produce Panzerfaust and add it to TT. (Like Ho-Ri)
Japan can’t get anything unless it does something like this.
(New) Or Type 97 20mm with Ji-Te Dan 200mm(estimated) rifle HEAT grenade (If it really had 200mm penetration)

Finally, they really need this AT Launcher.
Except for Germany, the rest of the Faction is really suffering.

7 Likes

What I would do:
Buff the Type 4 rocket launcher

• has ingame muzzle velocity of 66 m/s and real life muzzle velocity of 160 m/s
  • fires higher caliber (70mm) than Type 5 rocket launcher or bazooka but still has less penetration
  • move it to BR 3 or 4

Add super bazooka, with similar stats to Ofenrohr

I think the other 2 nations are fine as is, but I think Germany could have a variant of the Ofenrohr with the blast shield

4 Likes

As explained above, there is a record that the M20 rocket at the time was terrible and was below the penetration of the M9 Bazooka.
Ofenrohr and equivalent rockets do not exist other than the T59 rockets used in the M9 Bazooka.

Even if buff Type 4, it also doesn’t come out to 200mm of penetration.
Japan really doesn’t have anything to give, so there’s no way unless add it like that.

1 Like

The caliber of the projectile of Type 5 is 80mm, so it has higher caliber than the Type4.

Looks like you’re right, Enlisted says it has 80mm

I looked it up though and it says 45 mm which is why I’m confused.
Either way, M9A1 Bazooka fires 60mm caliber

As I recall, the technology we received from Germany was the HEAT technology themselves.
That’s how the Tier 2 sticks were made.

The tube is 45mm, but the projectile is bigger than the tube.

Caliber is not the only stuff that determine the penetration.

Yes, just as that T59 rocket had 210mm penetration, as was the US military’s record.
The T59 rocket was available on the M1, M9, and M9A1.

Poor research for SV and JP. They have a variant of the Type 4 rocket withbmore penetratikn and the Aoviets had many AT prototyoes

Can you quote where in the document it says that? I couldn’t find it. All I read was that they fixed the rockets by modifying it’s shape and that the military still needed something like the M20, but more portable

well they fucked up whole bazooka tree.

1. m1 bazooka with m6/m6a1 rocket should have ~80mm penetration, not 60mm (they probably put caliber into penetration…)
  2. m9 bazooka with m6a3 rocket should probably have 120mm penetration (various sources claim anywhere from 100-120mm), but i think it is most probably 120mm cause it is very similar to m6a5
  3. m9 bazooka with m6a5 has ~127mm penetration from official documents

True, but the muzzle velocity is still off.

From what I read, M1 Bazooka also has ~60mm warhead, but in Enlisted it says 30mm?

yeah lots of wrong info there. iirc it was reported numerous time to fix it, but nobody seems to care…

I was also reading up about a 90mm Type 4

It only has 120mm of penetration so br3 at best.

It says it is similar to the penetration of the M6A3.
In fact, if it’s that penetration, it’s a really poor penetration.

1 Like

Imo the last AT launcher for every nation should be normalized, meaning, they should have around the same penetration stat. For balance

panzerfaust and ofenrohr can absolutley take out tanks up to 200 meters without much effort, just a couple attempts should make you hit eventually.

500m sounds kinda crazy though…

ffs finally a document with m6a3 penetration… idk how long i searched for it and someone posts it randomly… you would have thought that they would include penetration in technical manual, but you have every other information except penetration.