US T74 3.5 Anti tank rocket launcher

Yeah, we’ve been asking for the T74/M20 for a while now. Lol

2 Likes

I agree that having anti-tank weapons with over 200mm of penetration capability is important for the U.S. military.
However, the T80E2, developed in 1948, might be too outdated for enlisted developers to consider.
While the T74 has been around since 1945, records indicate that tests conducted by the U.S. Army before the T80E2’s introduction showed that its velocity, accuracy, and penetration were not satisfactory compared to the 2.36-inch bazooka.
(I can provide a photo of this record if needed.) Therefore, my conclusion is that it’s unlikely the developers will choose the T80E2, and if the T74 is released with specifications from 1945-1946, it may also be inferior to the 2.36-inch bazooka.

2 Likes

That would be great
because there might be more information on the English forum

I haven’t found any information in open sources yet about this rocket

This is a report from the U.S. Ordnance Department detailing the development years of various anti-tank weapons. Here, we can see that the T80E2 was developed in 1948.
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/tr/pdf/AD0091301.pdf

And T74

Wouldn’t the M20 Super Bazooka be a better option?

T74 = M20 (developed 1944)
but 280mm pen rocket developed 1948

1 Like

Report data 16 July 1945

testing has started 28 june 1945

In test results It’s impossible to say with complete confidence how much the rocket T80 penetrates

the mass of explosive is greater than in rockets M6A3 M9A1 - they all penetrate steel plate 5 inc
but there was no test for maximum probit as far as I know

thanks, but but the site doesn’t open for me
I’ll think of something

or alternatively you can upload a copy to google / alternative service for share

It’s the prototype for the M20
I’d also like the M18 Recoilless

Figure 17 in the report showed the target used ( multiple armor plates stacked with most of them 1.5 inches and a 2 inch one) indicating that the T80 was unable to pen the next 1.5 inch plate or it would have been noted to have 6.5 inches as its pentration instead of 5.
So there was some limit established in the report.

Btw Last update fixed M9 rocket now you can bully and kill tiger 2H with it, firing on the side, frontally you can damage the turret and the transmission

This is a lightweight version using aluminum/or aluminum alloys instead of steel - the gain was almost 5-6 pounds or
Or 15.87 kg versus 10.3 or 7.1 kg versus 4.6 kg

I suggested paratroopers box

IT CAN PEN THE FRONT?!
BET! Gonna go try this now

1 Like

Dang didn’t know it was so light. Man I love aluminum. Weird that paper classifies it as a rocket launcher though, but hey whatever I guess. It’s almost close enough. Lol

:point_up:

1 Like

I knew it was increased, but I didn’t know it was increased enough to front pen. Oh BOY this’ll be good!
Still though, recoilless rifles are like HMC/SPH. They just make me happy! Maybe cause they both fire artillery rounds….

Well I just destroyed the transmission and turrets movement and flanked it for kill it from the side, I don’t know if you can frontal kill it

Did you get the turret ring through the turret face?

Turret Cheeks but was a weird shot from behind a bush I killed someone inside and damaged the movement of the turret, as for the transmission a clean direct shot, After I flanked and fired at the center of the tank from the side killing the crews