❓ Your questions about the mission editor and launching user missions in the game

yes, I was just looking for the name of the effect to remove it

Any way to have placed guns pre loaded with x amount of reserve ammo? And also after picking up a gun from a map, it dissappears if you complete the battle and reload the scene, any way to force placed guns to spawn?

Yeah. You can add or create placed gun with gun_with_initial_ammo postfix template and then edit gun__initialAmmoHoldersCount property.

For create entity with postfix template you need write it in Template Postfix field with +. This field next to Close in Create Entity.
In your case need write +gun_with_initial_ammo. And then create weapon pickup entity.

For add postfix template you need to click on + in properties panel.

Just save scene and don’t touch save when do play testing?

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah the guns dissappearing was due to me saving after I picked them up already LOL.

I will try your instructions for the ammunition.

Btw, I tried following your old instructions for getting ammo boxes to work with pickup weapon entities but I’ve been having a lot of trouble and can’t get ammo boxes to work.

I did get bayonets with gunMods to work though.

1 Like

It works! The guns have reserve ammo now

1 Like

Need to write +tutorial_ammunition_box_a and then create base_fortification_build. After that in properties panel need to set team (builder_info__team and team properties). Also you can edit usable amount in useful_box__maxUseCount property. If you need make it undestroyable then add undestroyable_ri_extra postfix template.

Well… Right now better to use way with gun_with_initial_ammo. Easier and e.t.c.

1 Like

When testing the greyzone on my map, my battle area is on 0 but just the team 1 take damage but the team 2 don’t take any damaged. How can I make the battle area visible for the 2 side and nobody take damaged?

Set battle_area_team to -1

1 Like

Still a just problem for team 1 but not team for team 2. Nothing change

Your box_battle_area is clearly too short. The box should be as tall as soldiers at least.

1 Like

If we just want the put the gun in the map with just the ammo how we do that?

Weapon with ammo? You can add +gun_with_initial_ammo in postfix template field and then create weapon. After that need to edit gun__initialAmmoHoldersCount property.

1 Like

Do custom units currently work on the map in multiplayer? I saw old posts where people talked about being able to play with them only in battle against bots.

Yeah. Create EntitySoldiers. Recommended to use entities with base in names (ger_base_soldier), but you will need to equip them. More info about them here.

Also these units in Soldiers contains +ai_enabled postfix template. It disables bot behavior in editor, but you can enable it in properties.

Is it possible to set such circular changes in the textures of the ground, for example sand, burnt earth around equipment (I’m most interested) and I think I saw something similar with snow, but I don’t remember

Editing terrain textures is not possible.

There might be terrain decals / rendinsts that can do the job though.

2 Likes

How do I change gravity like in the moon battle?

also, is there some way to give all soldiers infinite stamina?

For that you need create enable_gravity_zones entity, phys_props_controller and gravity_zone around map. You can config phys_props_controller and gravity_zone and edit gravity power.

You can create game_mode_units_modifier. After that in properties panel click on + and add entity_mods__staminaDrain as Real and set it to 0.0. You also can increase stamina amount or make it infinite. For that need add entity_mods__staminaBoostMult and entity_mods__restoreStaminaMul as Real and edit them.

Entity game_mode_units_modifier allows you edit some soldier stats. You can find them in soldier properties panel.

Usually you can edit only entity_mods.

1 Like

Thank you. And one more question - How do I edit the amount of people each team gets(to make the game last longer)?