The direction of the game's balancing is wrong;

Could you perhaps create a comparison chart showing the bullet patterns of different weapons in the test server? It would be great if you could also include a comparison with the current version.

you can do it yourself… test server is free…

3 Likes

Not everyone has access to the test server though,which shouldn’t be a thing.having these on console shouldn’t be all that difficult,having it be a seperate “game” avalible for free in Xbox/Playstation stores seems like an easy solution,but then again its DF in regards to console issues.

His account isn’t console one.

Yes,that is the case,I don’t really know why I posted that.guess I’m just kind of fed up with how DF handles console players and wanted to say something about it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

*ugh…posted in wrong thread

Ummm…you just showed your stats. You have played germany 2 x more (time played) than soviets BUT

• you have way more small arms kills with soviets (in all categories)
  • a higher kd with soviets (winrate too, but easily tainted)
  • you spend more time in tanks for Germany (kill farming) but still have lower k/d than soviets and allies…thats wierd
  • time to battles played shows you win faster as soviets and kill more
  • typically do better as allies across the board too

Doesnt add up (yes its not the full picture with BRS and all)

You can only really compare to yourself and in doing so, It Doesnt really align/support with a good deal of your statements (and thats without looking at datamine facts), Not indicating a significant power vaccum in the way you are saying (if anything against it) . I bet your video of playing as soviets or allies looks the same, you would wreck just as hard

I personally win more “solo” as Germanys, but also have a higher KD with soviets

Underdog faction cycles every few months. If you want to be underdog, pick it…I often do. It more sounds like you hate this change because its highly probable this patch will have population on germany …so to be underdog, you cant play them…so play allies…or soviets…

2 Likes

When I played as Germany, I was often in a weaker faction, frequently having to face stronger Allied forces. On the other hand, when playing as the Soviet Union, I mostly encountered AI opponents。

The game’s statistics panel also has an issue—it doesn’t show the kill count for semi-automatic rifles. I primarily play using two squads equipped with FG42-2 rifle teams.

I believe the feedback from the gameplay experience is the most straightforward. The data doesn’t explain why some weapons have an irritating horizontal recoil—like how uncontrollable the AVT is, yet it looks so good in the stats.

Anyone around me who plays the game knows just how overpowered the T-20, Hei, and FG42-2 are. The entire BR5 meta now revolves around these three weapons. They dominate at any range compared to assault rifles. There are really only two options: either assign automatic rifles a new BR and introduce more weapons of similar strength at that level, or nerf them.

:man_shrugging: generally my experience is there is more kills to be had “playing as the weakest faction”, not the other way round. No team mate competition (because they are non existant) and because of that, alot more targets at any one time. Plus the games go longer

he actual gameplay situation isn’t like that. While it’s true that you can get a lot of kills when facing off against the Soviets, in matches against Allied players, there’s hardly any small arms combat. Instead, they rely on an endless cycle of planes and tanks. As soon as you try to enter a capture point, the entire squad gets wiped out by a barrage of HVARs. And when I roll out in a King Tiger, within less than a minute, a 500kg bomb comes crashing down from the sky. It’s an extremely frustrating experience, with almost no gunplay and barely any need for actual gaming skill—just a mindless spacebar-spamming routine.

This is what I’ve been writing myself for like 1+ year!

The excel is garbage sometimes. Also FG-42 has 20 rounds which is amazing.

it is only garbage if you dont know how to read it. fg42 has recoil dir of 0.35 so that means that horizontal recoil will mostly go to the right. avt40 has recoil direction of 0.2 which means that horizontal recoil will go right, but it still has a chance of going center or left.

and AVT has OHK potential to down up to 60m against enemy with vitality, while fg42 II is 2 hit weapon on all ranges if enemy has vitality+body armor.

4 Likes

Which is terrible for balance, because that means FG is more effective against US then Soviets

1 Like

I get ONE pass" on average with my P51 in either level 3 or 5 before I am shot down. No, I don’t have the P47, but I don’t see any air dominance in the games I play flying as an Allied. When I am flying my German Stuka in level 1-3, I will kill everything that walks or crawls on the battlefield if the enemy does not have a fighter up, so from my perspective, lower level Germans are just as superior in ground attacks. I have only been flying in games for 2 or 3 months, so I am no air ace. If there is an enemy fighter plane flying, again, I usually only get one pass with my Stuka. I rarely get taken down by AA guns or ground fire, 90% of my air losses are by enemy fighters.

So, from my perspective, if your getting hammered on the battlefield by US fighters, then you should probably learn to fly and go shoot them down, especially if no one else in the match is going to do it. :rofl:

Planes are very strong - but in return AA guns are rarher great now. No nerf needed.

However I would still want to see proper AA tanks and trucks in the future.

That premium 88 truck is a joke, it should have HE that detonates automatically if it passes too close to a target - which should be the norm for then high BR AA guns.

2 Likes

You are just bad if you think it is better and also a comprehension issue it seems.

Just more inaccurate (random pat), less ammo, less RoF and need enemy to have vitality and body armor hitbox, gottem.

AA vehicles are completely useless. AA itself is completely useless. Fighters are almost completely useless.

There are only 10 people on a team, every second you spend in a non-meta squad is a waste of time.

AA vehicles would actually be a net negative to your team, as you are taking away 1 player slot. It is actually better to not shoot down 90% of planes, not shoot the useless Crusader tank and so forth. The Flak88bus even with proxy HE (HE-VT, fake ammo for Germany) would still be a meme, only in 1/20 battles where enemy is both on attacking team and run 2 planes non-stop.

1 Like

So any match against BR5 US?

1 Like

i am not against buff to AVT40 to get 20 rounds magazine. but i also think that soviet armor needs to be removed cause weapon balance should not be influenced by camo buyable with separate currency. currently inside 60m AVT doesnt need to spray to down enemy while fg42 actually has that need cause there are lot of players with body armor+vitality on BR5 and you can even find some on BR2.

Forum went crazy but

It’s quite rare to see two up, in any case you also have to account for people who suicide which is all the time. Even less reason to spend time making AA or spawning an AA truck.

Only allies had working proximity fuses in ww2.

Well yes, but that would then only be a simplified system for AA, 88 would have to manually set their distance to explode in the air.

1 Like