Stalinium body armor is an unfair advantage

Slots are more p2w, body armor is very marginal in comparison.

1 Like

i agree, but i still want to prevent cosmetics from getting functional mechanics for game. anything related to core mechanics must be purchasable with silver/xp. while slots give you advantage, they in general dont mess with core game mechanics. they are also faction neutral.

4 Likes

I agree. I was mainly talking about if all nations get body armor. I do agree that the Paywall is stupid.

1 Like

Like I said, if the Soviets were somehow dominating because of this, I would clearly be on your side.

But the reality just doesnā€™t match it. Itā€™s just a ludicrous gimmick that literally hardly anyone noticed until Euthymia first brought it up.
Thatā€™s how significant it is.

I find this whole discussion completely bizarre.

Probably 99% of players literally donā€™t even know about it, including whales.

soviet body armor should add weight to the soldier which would also increase stamina usage, free 10% damage resistance is stupid, they are wearing a massive slab of metal on their torso, it should make running around more difficult

Iā€™ll bet. If the developers had removed that 10% a month ago, you literally wouldnā€™t even notice it while playing. If theyā€™d kept the change quiet.

Thatā€™s my opinion

The body armor for Soviets does not give them any real advantage in practice, and if you play Soviets you know that body armor is not helping them win any games. Even in BR V the Soviet human players will always play as if it is their first time playing the game and you will be capturing all the points, or defending all the points or planting/defusing all the bombs or riding the train all by yourself with little to no help from your comrades.

Germany gets better overall cosmetics, as their pea dot camouflage is better then both the Russian amoeba pattern and the US camouflage patterns. Using camouflage is its own advantage and the fact Enlisted is not 1:1 balanced makes it more interesting.

Honestly if people did not test and see that the body armor gave a 10% damage reduction and make a meme out of it, no one would notice in game. In actual gameplay if you shoot someone and they are not dead then you just shoot them again right away. You always double tap with semi autos no matter what faction you are playing, and with submachineguns and assault rifles you are unloading bullets into the enemy until they fall down.

Also calling any of the soldier uniform cosmetics pay to win is laughable as they give out tons of free clothing orders all the time.

like i said before i dont think it has big influence in the game. it is situational and in short range you will kill enemy player with or without body armor (cause majority of players are shit players or bots). there are some situations where it will cause you death but it is in minority cause of casual nature of the game.

i am against any advantages in core mechanics behind paywall like rocket arty which is straight upgrade to normal arty, or body armor and helmets which give reduction to weapon damage. slots while giving you advantage at least dont make those squads have better performance than their tech tree counterpart, while cosmetics or rocket arty do.

1 Like

Because the head takes like 200% damage, does the helmet even do anything lol.

Just a distraction

here is damage calculation for 17 damage rifle hitting event helmet

need more vitality to take a 32.45 damage hit lol

so yeah. pointless in that scenario.

maybe migth make a difference on one of the smgs or pistol. Not really interested in working it out.

But it makes sense for the armor to only effect small calibre rounds. Very wierd that the Soviet body armor mainly only effects high calibre rounds lol.

ok so nopeā€¦even on pistol rounds does nothing. doesnt change shots to kill on even the weakest weaponā€¦unless they ā€œdontā€ have vitality perkā€¦can survive 1 pistol round to the face with no vitality perk

mehā€¦who is going to run that event squad without vitality perk lol

i dont understand what are you talking about? helmets? body armor? if you are talking about body armor you may look at these graphs

for event helmets they are effectively doing 39.1% weapon damage for headshot (instead of usual 230%)

1 Like

The german Helmet. I already Know the Soviet body armor turns certain weapons into 2 shots instead of one at point blank.

I was just trying to work out if the helmet changed any weapons at all. (I dont know the reduction on the helmet. I just used your formula assuming you knew)

I could be mistaken, but that formula just calculates the amount reduced right?

so the damage done after reduction is 17x2.3 - (17x2.3x0.17) =

If I am wrong you can just say it without explaining. numbers seem to be your thing.

• forum formatting fucked up the equation. corrected

nah. it calculates damage after reduction. just basically take any weapon damage and multiply it with 0.391 and you will get damage to player after headshot.

you can use escape sign \ before * to exclude it from being recognized in formatting. e.g. \*

whats the 0.17? is that the damage reduction on the helmet (17% damage reduction)? Somethings seems very fucked up in the way the game calculates stuff if thats how it works.

it is damage reduction multiplier. helmet reduces 83% damage so you calculate it with (1-0.83)*weapon damage=0.17*weapon damage then you add 230% headshot multiplier which is just multiplication with 2.3

i could be wrong about order of those operations cause they could be implemented by addition and not by multiplication, but then it is weird that they are called multiplicators.

yup all cleared up. Forget everyhting I wrote aboveā€¦

I assumed the 0.17 was the damage reduction on the helmet. But its 0.83

1 Like

Vitality benefit. +10% Damage Reduction = Unbalanced.
Because it is unbalanced?

Because no one else has it in the game.

Excuses are cheap.

How is it not going to help you win games if you have 10% more resistance in your soldiers when it comes to close combat?

They should reduce the ability to move or use energy in the USSR if you wear a metal plate because at that time Kevlar did not exist.

There has to be balance, the amount of tickets of the allies in Normandy was not balanced, it was not balanced because no one else had that advantage

1 Like

What a bunch of crap!
USSRā€™s tank/plane or submachine gun
are the advantages compared to their German counterparts?

IS-2ā€™s 122 gun if miss need 16.8s but tiger2 only 6.8s !!! need more 10s does the increased power of the 122mm gun make it better than the only slightly lower 88mm gun???

The USSRā€™s bomber with the largest bomb load is the A20, which only has 6x100kg bombs. And what about the ju188? 6x250kg! Which one is better?

Not to mention individual weapons, the avt40 only has a 15-round magazine and its rate of fire is far inferior to that of the FG (660v830)

ppsh41 only has 6.6 damage compared to the kiraly 39mā€™s 8.9 damage, to kill with 13.5 health points it takes one more bullet, which is the strongest submachine gun?