Stalinium body armor is an unfair advantage

How I understand it, soviet body armor gives a total 10% dmg reduction, without slowing the wearer down or having any other negative effect to it.

Seriously, Stalinium being a meme also for Soviet infantry goes too far.

And for all of you who think 10% damage reduction isn’t a big deal, you are wrong.

Stacking vitality and the armor makes you survive a rifle shot from most semi auto and select fire weapons, while turning most SMGs from a 2 hit kill into a 3 hit kill.

Also to clarify, I am not necessarily against the concept of soviet body armor, this could be part of a potential way to introduce proper asymmetrical faction balance - but right now soviet body armor is simply an unfair advantage.

There is a reason why more and more people are using it.

7 Likes

There are so many things in that game that aren’t fair and aren’t balanced 1:1 between factions.

Are the Soviets winning battles consistently because of the body armor? No.
I like the gimmick and it gives the Soviets something unique.

11 Likes

IMO body armour should come with a set of disadvantages, like reduce carried ammo and increase reload time because soldiers can’t wear pouches on their front.

3 Likes

Am i wrong? Both of these weapons were used by the soviet army werent they?

2 Likes

I can agree on leaving them only if other faction recieve something unique themself, i would like a glove for the german that decrease recoil and reduce the cock off of grenade to 3 sec.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be rude, but this discussion is for different topic.
You are not wrong, but that’s not the reason why I didn’t want them to be in tech tree.

1 Like

Where @Greyparrots?

6 Likes

he is here in the like

4 Likes

Both sides used captured weapons, but only Soviets have them in their TT, maybe DF should consider bringing back Mp717 and addding other things as well :thinking:

2 Likes

Germany has a helmet with high damage reduction, but its event only.

3 Likes

Agree, I would love to see more of “faction unique stuff”.

Btw. Germans have several unique stuff already, for example assault rifle with scope or assault rifle that’s BR2.

4 Likes

Unique things? Sure I would love those, but not for customization, I want my squads to look cool or realistic, not meta.

Cosmetics effecting gun play is simply not something I want.

2 Likes

Not really, considering other nations don’t get this opportunity even though they also wore body armor. It’s actually quite hypocritical of you.
British Body Armour 1
British Body Armour 2

2 Likes

You can easily dominate with non meta stuff in enlisted, I just don’t see issue here.

Wasn’t the PPSh used by the German army?

i am against soviet(or any) body armor for couple of reasons

1. cosmetics should stay as cosmetics and not have any functional use for ingame mechanic. otherwise game turns into p2w.
  2. body armor is useless in majority of cases, but in couple of specific situations it gives advantage
  3. it ruins weapon balance. e.g. mp40 advantage over pps42 and pps43 is higher damage, while pps42/pps43 is higher ROF. with soviet body armor mp40 has lower damage and lower ROF than their russian counterparts.
  4. body armor was limited in ww2 and it was of limited usability
3 Likes

We agree, we both just don’t realize.

is he banned? it is weirdly kinda quiet here :rofl:

1 Like

well if you go to his profile it all binary (i assume that what the 01001 stuff are call) like ARG kinda game

quick translation for those who dont speak binary:
“The alpha testers don’t exist, or whoever’s greenlighting this stuff is not listening to any other feedback and then just going ahead with it, not even thinking”

3 Likes