Body Armour for all nations!

But but, soviets just have to sneak in a little stalinium on everything!

4 Likes

Body armor has no place in a ww2 game.

Yes soviets used it, but it was more of a desperate attempt to make their human waves tactics work.

Those plates only stopped pistol rounds.

1 Like

Well it looks like almost everybody used body armor to some extent

0.05% of the total soldiers =/= everybody to some extent.

2 Likes

Body armour work effectively just against pistol and m1Carabine gun like, all other gun do to much DPS for care of the damage reduction, so it would be more correct ask it as additional costumization feature

not true. they can have effect of increasing numbers of bullets needed for kill from 1 to 2 or from 2 to 3 depending on the distance just for full HP soldiers. lot of times you are not even full hp and 10% reduction can make a difference between being killed with one or two bullet from any gun.

on short ranges it is not that much noticeable for full auto weapons cause DPS, but on anything outside short range combat it can be.

you guys keep telling us that, but I doubt you understand it any more than us.

tell me, what exactly are the body armor stats? What exactly does it do?
my last information was a flat 10% total damage reduction.

Which, if I am correct, means:

10 HP standard Soldier +35% HP vitality perk = 13.5 HP +10% effective HP from damage reduction from body armor

= 14.85 HP with vitality AND soviet body armor.

It doesn’t take long to see that there are actually a whole bunch of weapons that deal above 13.5 dmg - but not above 14.85 dmg

again, if the statement of 10% damage reduction is true, then soviet body armor turns the following weapons from a one hit kill into a two hit kill:

Armaguerra 13.6 dmg
Gewehr 41 14.4 dmg
FG42 14.4 dmg
Breda PG (CR) 14 dmg
Breda PG Carcano 13.6 dmg
Sniper Gewehr 41 14.4 dmg
Scotti Mod.X 14.4 dmg

So 10% damage reduction greatly effects many semi auto guns, while also turning almost all German SMGs form a 2 hit kill into a 3 hit kill because they deal less than 7.425 damage, but above 6.75
(13.5 / 2 = 6.75) while (14.85 / 2 = 7.425)

I want finally some confirmation from the devs how body armor exactly works, if the 10% are true then we should talk about this being an unfair advantage for the Soviets.

8 Likes

also I find it silly how through upgrades you can get over 35% more survivability, but weapon upgrades only give you 10% -20% more lethality.

i think this is best shown with graph:

1 Like

Oh yes - all of this not to forget that armor reduces effective combat distances quite a bit.

10% damage reduction doesn’t sound like alot - but it makes a noticable difference.

4 Likes

The case is super simple to solve. We have 2 possible scenarios:

1. Armor gives advantage = it’s unfair => remove armor protection to make the game fair
  2. Armor doesn’t give advantage = removing it won’t impact the game => remove armor protection to silence ppl

In both scenarios removing the armor protection can be benefitial or neutral but never bad.
It’s unbelievable we really need to have this discussion time and time again only for nothing to change.

6 Likes

Ok then remove AS-44, RD-44, Coenders, LAD, Ho-Ri Type Hei Auto, M2, and every other weapon/vehicle/equipment that was only fielded in limited numbers.

The cat is out of the bag. Might as well give every faction a premium squad with body armor.

1 Like

yes, 14.85 is the breakpoint
its why soviets are used in comp
they have body armour, and have guns (avt40) that can beat body armour

1 Like

i’d love some refunds if you “remove armour protection”
i’d rather u give it to all nations, or just something that doesnt screw over ppl who already “invested” in armour with orders/gold

1 Like

If I was mean (I am) I’d say: refund for what?
If armor gives an (unfair) advantage, we are just balancing it. You don’t get a refund for guns after they get balanced.
And if armor doesn’t give an advantage, why would you want a refund if nothing changes?

But more seriously, I guess it would require some refund.

it is actually 15. you dont add 10% to 13.5 vitality but divide 13.5 with 0.9 cause it is weapon damage reduction.

then this just becomes p2w mechanic. it needs to be either purchasable with silver or removed functional use from cosmetics.

Refund people who bought their cosmetic armor then perhaps? I’d rather just give all nations armor though. It’s weird to think the faction with the best Small arms also gets the armor to combat small arms usage without any side affects whatsoever. Hell, make the soldiers that wear them slow or increase heur. dispersion since Soviet Weaponry are not only so damaging but incredibly accurate when fired apparently. Whatever actively trades tanking more damage really.

this would be ok. give them appearance orders or gold if they spent gold on the armor.

problem with this is that customization is expensive and it gives advantage to the game making it p2w mechanism. functional game mechanics must not be behind paywall.

14.85 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14.85 and according to certain players this does not help them win games
:joy::joy::joy:
How is it possible that it won’t help you if you hold one more shot on certain weapons.

This is a complete disaster, it should be corrected like the Normandy extra tickets were corrected.
Totally unbalanced

1 Like

I know you’re being sarcastic but sure, please do.