Russian Civil War 1917-1922 mini-campaign/event

Alright, hear me out:

• one of the most decisive and bloodiest events of the 20th century which shaped up the world as we knew it for the next 70 years and partially as we know it today;
  • one of the most complex and intertwined conflicts of history with over a dozen of participants and interested parties;
  • incredible vastness of battlefields from the Far East to Central Europe, from Russian North to Central Asia;
  • unlimited potential for weapons and vehicles from around the world.

Factions:

• Bolshevik forces (RKKA)
  • White Guards, Anarchists, Czechoslovak Legion, Basmachi, Poland, Finland, Ukraine, Baltic States, UK, US, France, Japan; Germany, Austria-Hungary, etc).

Weapons:
literally everything from WW1 (Mosin, G98, Lebel, Arisaka, Fedorov, BAR, Chauchat, Lewis, P08, C96, Madsen, Maxim, Winchester, etc).

Vehicles:
literally everything from WW1 (Renault FT17, Mark V, Whippet, etc) + a whole bunch of cool armored cars and WW1 planes.

Maps:
literally anything from central Russia (Enlisted’s Moscow scenery) to the Far East, Finland, Central Asia (similar to Enlisted’s Tunisia scenery as well as Tsaritsyn (former name of Stalingrad, when a cathedral stood in the center of the Square of the Fallen Fighters)

I don’t think we’ll ever see it but I still believe this would be an awesome event/campaign, since no game besides BF1 has actually touched this incredibly interesting and complex subject, let alone actually tried to portray all the intricacies and madness of the Russian Civil War.

Some images for general vibe:

14 Likes

I already mentioned such campaign ideas as well, i completely love the idea, enlisted is the perfect game for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

THERE’S A TACHANKA WITH MAXIM SO YES!

Also my most favourite red army choirs song of all time.

2 Likes

Communist mains will get a hard on thinking they’re “patriots” when they are really radicals taking over by force

3 Likes

There were good intentions and horrible executions on most in not all sides, I just hope we can one day see an FPS set in this time period without much stereotyping and modern politics, and Enlisted devs/engine looks to me rather fitting.

Maybe as the Whites you would unlock Imperial Officers squads, Chechoslovak Legion squad, Cossacks squad etc, with differences in uniforms and weapons.

2 Likes

The Russian Civil War was incredibly vast with battles in areas not many people even think of when they hear ‘Russian Civil War’. It was indeed a complex entanglement of conflicts on the territories of the former Russian Empire:

1. Bukhara Operation (1920)
    RSFSR vs Emirate of Bukhara (modern day city in Uzbekistan)

1. Soviet-Polish war (1919-1921)
    RSFSR, Ukrainian SSR vs Poland, Ukrainian PR, (Armed Forces of South Russia)

2. Soviet-Finnish War (as part of Finnish Civil War)

3. Kronstadt Rebellion (1921)
    Soviet Saliors in Kronstadt (near Saint Petersburg) vs Bolshevik Forces

4. Battle of Volochayevka (1922)
    Far Eastern Republic vs White Forces

5. Leon Trotsky’s armored train (1919-1921)
    After becoming chairman of the Revolutionary Military Council, Trotsky spent a lot of time traveling across the fronts with motivational speeches, official visit and ‘law’ enforcement

1 Like

White army mains will get a hard thinking they’re “patriots” whem they are jus trying to restore shitty monarchy\Liberal republic or trying to create an Separatist state\Dictatorship of their leader.

And no, i’m not saying that you’re wrong, it’s just hillarious how both sides are “Patriots” :new_moon_with_face:

So commies against everyone? Seems… illogical.

Like ALL of those mentioned guns (their (grand)children) aside the Lebel (?, isnt it the premium Volkssturm gun?) are already ingame, even the G98.
Idk, there are some WW1 guns but I find it funny to mention “new” WW1 guns which are already ingame.

Planes played a very minor part in the Russian War (plus I doubt people would like it to fly them looking at the nightwitches plane) and tanks… are okay but dont know how the Mark would work here with the current control system.

so… basically just winter maps with the similar layout of other campaigns?
Overall its just too broad . Like… a campaign shouldn’t contain four+ years. Why not just one… or maybe two and not across whole motherland Russia? I don’t get it why we cant just stick with Western Russia and the early war stage and just ONE faction for the non-commie side. Because you lack content otherwise? Because its getting too logical otherwise? I just dont get most of it here. Could have been better presented etc.

And not naming the MG08/15 or the MP18 (its already here but still) for a WW1/ WW1-related campaign is a crime.

The war of the 22-25%… the “people”.