Roflstomp example in Moscow Campaign

I destroyed 5 Panzer IV in Stalingrad using the T-70, (both are armed with 45 mm anti-tank gun M1932)
Easiest tank duel I had, because German tanks under Panther are glass cannons.

1 Like

It’s not really about the level, but rather the armament of the guns.
For example, the starting vehicles in Moscow, the T-60 and Panzer 2 are quite comparable. Both are fairly well armored from the front (especially T-60), so naturally, they’d need to flank to defeat their opponent.

Now, going up however, things start to go a bit differently:
German panzers 3 B-E have the same armament (37 mm). F and J gets 50 mm (shorter, and consequently weaker in penetration than the J1, L and M series).
Soviets get T-26, BT-…5? and T-50. All of them have the same 45 mm gun. Which can defeat all the panzer 3s (save for perhaps L and M series, which are either in other campaigns, not in game, but otherwise present in warthunder);
And all the panzer 4s (aside from G, H and J - as these have the turret’s front armor strengthened to 50 mms and front hull armor to 80 mms. They still are vulnerable to flanking, however).

Now, is it obvious? The T-26, while being a so low tier tank, CAN threaten even the higher tier enemy vehicle. T-26 is obviously a glass cannon with it’s laughable armor, but the main thing is - it can.
The little tankette that could. Give it a skilled tanker and it can work wonders for the team.

Meanwhile the poor sods, panzers 3 B and E have basically no chance to damage the T-50. They can damage the T-28, but they similarly have no chance against T-34.

Since T-50 has the same gun as T-26, I could perhaps spend some time unlocking the T-26. And fiddle around with it in practice map.

So, how long of a range? 500 meters? How angled should it be?
From the sides and rear it’s going to be a piece of cake. From the front, I’ll admit, there can be some issues.

Images are rather weird - we’re probably better off showing either armor indicator in garage in enlisted, or even warthunder.

Depends on the side (from the one firing at it) - left one should wound or eliminate the loader (if the tank has one), right one should wound or eliminate the gunner.

P.S. Actually, hang on - I remember there is a BT-5 in the practice map. And I think any faction can try to man it. So that means, I can test this without even switching to the soviet side.
The only issue I noticed is that it wouldn’t reload at the reload point, but I suppose quitting and trying again can help in this regard.

2 Likes

Okay, it’s done with BT-7 in the practice range. A slight error (not BT-5) on my part.

Basically I decided to use the sniper team, since it fits the required crew count of 3.
They also have sniper rifles, which can double as binoculars. I also found a visual bug related to this on the range, but more on that later.

So the first thing we want to do, is to capture that vehicle, so that we wouldn’t have to walk all the way.

I didn’t manage to take the screenshot with whole map here, but we’re just traveling to the range anyway.

And we’ve arrived. 3 tanks which can be tested. For stuart, we’d need a 4th crewman for max capacity, but we’re not testing it this time.

As said earlier, the BT-7 has the same gun found on the T-26 and T-50 (and T-70 from Stalingrad campaign as well).

And we’re inside. 94 rounds should be enough for whatever testing we want to conduct.

Funnily enough, the commander (slot 3) can view around. Later I’ll switch the crewmates so that I could use the sniper rifle.

After travelling through that, we get to the relevant part.

Here would be… a rough way to see the distance…

And we are ready to fire.

As You can see, it took 4 shots to take the Panzer 4 F2 out. So, it’s not really an issue at the long range when it is turned sideways.

Obviously, a longer-range target is also present. Let’s try to take this one out as well.

Range is quite significant…

Here is this annoying visual bug that I’ve found. I guess holding breath with sniper rifle messed this up.

A single shot was all it took to take out the Panzer 4 F2.

Here’s the confirmation via the sniper sights…

Now let’s try closer but from the front, slightly angled. That visual bug still persists…

89-83=6 shots spent to destroy the tank. It probably would’ve taken 3-5 to take out all the crew, if present.

Confirmation via the sniper sights.

So, that basically concludes the testing.
Do You @Comunistinha still think that both sides are perfectly balanced as all things should be, and that “wehraboos” are just talking nonsense? In this case, at least?

2 Likes

Hey, congrats for the initiative, but I should have left clear a frontal engagement, is the only kind of engagement that weakspots matter anyway.

With sideshots even the Pz. 2 and T-60 can challenge the level 39 tanks of both factions, damn, when the quadflak was still around the T-34 could be destroyed by it.

I can even point you where to aim to have penetration, but it won’t be a easy matter like some people like to say, lower front plate to kill mobility and some places of the turret (not all as shown on the image I posted before), having played with the T-50 unless it gets a sideshot you have to crewsnipe (just like the other guy said he had to do against T-34).

Over anything, T-50 isn’t immune to the 50mm gun of it’s same level rival on the axis side the Pz. 3J, even more, the level 22 Pz. 4 don’t even need to aim because it’s short 75mm can go through the center of mass of the T-50 unless.

The 37mm guns sure are lackluster but they can still pen the turret cheeks of both T-50 and T-34, it is difficult? OF COURSE, the T-34 is the late unlock of the Soviet faction, fighting against it with anything other than the same level unlock on the axis side IS SUPPOSED TO be difficult, as a F2P there was several occasions where even having played since OBT I was one or two days late to unlock the late level gear and I had some fierce fights against higher level stuff on Moscow, with time we adapt and overcome until we unlock our high level gear and everything is fine again.

To exemplify more, on the Berlin campaign the late game unlock of the axis is the KT and the early unlock of the soviets the T-34/85. Is a fair engagement between the two? Of course not, it isn’t supposed to be fair, the player that grinded the late game unlocks deserve to have more powerful gear, does that however gets on the way of a skilled T-34/85 player destroying the KT? Nope, I did it, frontal, long range, later I edit this post with the screenshot.

That’s what I want that the axis mains here understand, level by level both factions have fairly equal gear with the SMGs being the Soviet advantage and LMGs the axis advantage, two experienced player on a match against each other have all the tools to defeat each other with no advantages to each side.

Now to explain what I mean by “wehraboo”, well, first, isn’t aimed at you… yet, honestly it is wishful thinking, the real word is another that have more weight and meaning to it. We have this class of player on this forum that nothing is good for Germany and everything is good for the allies, no rational, logical explanation, can convince them otherwise, a few days ago there was this thread of one saying he was destroyed on his Tiger by a Jumbo 76 on Normandy, notice that such vehicle isn’t on the game yet, claimed that none of his shots penetrated the enemy but he was oneshot by his foe, or those threads saying that Normandy axis is underpowered when until 2-3 months ago they dominated the campaign that pop everyday on the forum because allied planes can destroy their wunderwaffen, now show any Allied main complaining that the Tiger and Panther are “impossible” to pen with a Jumbo or a M4A2, or IS-2 player saying that the shell is behaving weird not being able to pen places they should on the Panthers and Tigers and the explosive mass of the shell is underwhelming too. Almost no experienced ally main does that because we don’t have the wunderwaffen myth pushed on our heads that our equipment is infallible and shouldn’t have a counter, most are very aware of the allied equipment strength and weaknesses and just suck it up when a skilled axis player outplays us.

To finish this, you’re low level on the oldest campaign of the game, people with stronger equipment will appear the entire time because basically every veteran player has grinded at least one of the sides on this campaign, I experienced this when I went to grind Tunisia, I knew the early British tanks are meat to Pz. 3 and Pz. 4, what I did? Skipped all tanks and played planes until I unlocked a equally strong tank, the Sherman II, we that are F2P have to do those fucked up choices and sometimes even act against our fun (I hated playing planes, to this day with 3000 Moscow matches I didn’t fully upgraded a single plane squad there).

Anyway, don’t worry about fighting T-34 for long, with the merge and BR system it will be a rare sighting against the lower level Pz. 3’s.

I’m being the most honest possible with YOU specially because the other guy is a old joke on this forum with his “axis suffer” rants and I plus several others here don’t take him seriously anymore.

which was fixed rather fast.

The crew in turret is indeed in danger, driver is not.

At somewhat short range the iv E was capable to destroy both t34 / 50 with one hit to turret.
At perfect angle, even slight differency in angle and it was ricochet.
So yes, if you somehow manage to “flanK” t-34 / 50 frontally with ivE at range of ~50 ? ~100?m you have a chance to 1 hit kill.

Didnt even bother to try.
edit; had to try.
Yes you can actually destroy t50/34 from point blank range from side.
It took anything between 5-11 hits above the 2nd roadwheel at perfect angle to destroy t-34.
Again slightest angle and it did not pen.
T-50 was bit easier it took only 3 hits from point blank range from side.

Both were immune frontally.

Except like said here, the other faction has to aim for weakspots while other faction is one big weakspot.
The fact that tanks such as pz3J lacks the APHE makes it technically impossible to kill either t-50/34
Sure you can get the crew out of turret but the driver remains safe and can rather easily reverse to safety.

Except we’re speaking of moscow here.
And every soviet 45mm cannon is threat to even late F2, capable to 1hitkill with APHE
while pz3J for example aint capable of it.

Well that sounds fair, one gets norecoil roombroom and other faction gets gun with broken bipods and shitload of other limitations such as movement speed etc.

One tank being one big weakspot, other tank having small weakspot.
Id say something is wrong with that equation.

If I recall there wasnt any other subjects on forum except “what the fk is this panther” when it first arrived to normandy.
Good times they were, just flank it bro.

:----------------------------------------------------------------DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
“jUst flank it”
“Aim for weakspot”
“Ppsh is bad because big mag and high rof makes you waste bullets, mp28 better”

1 Like