Reworking old locations: A walk around Berlin

i hope so…

I don’t know if this is still an issue, but i remember that building a rally point here got bots stuck:

2 Likes

Like that’s literally the only issue I’ve noticed so far on the revamped maps
Just them getting stuck in buildings so I figured they just have to relearn the new setups
:person_shrugging:
If that’s the biggest most glaring issue I’d say it came out pretty well

1 Like

It’s good to see that the changes are only small obstacles and the map design was not changed since it is one of the most realistic in the game, you should add more details, for example the Hotel Adlon and other more detailed buildings in Pariser Platz, some statues that were in the Tiergarten, some other ruined statues that were in the square in front of the Reichstag, also from the aerial view of squadron selection near the chancellery the aviation ministry (Reichsluftfahrtministerium) is missing and it would be a great detail that such a building Berlin’s iconic landmarks can be seen from a plane or a section of squadrons, even though battles did not take place there.

1 Like

Thank you. I will look into that position.

1 Like

Glad you reduced the number of trams, the tanks are bumping into them every 20 meters.
Now let me quote my older post because it was good. Can you please finally make these obstacles more destructible?

10 Likes

I did some pictures for a post about them earlier - Reworking old locations - #47 by VivaldiX96

I’m glad all the maps seem to be getting another pass, but please remember that not every map needs to be so vehicle friendly.

1 Like

the bridge and the strasse changes looks worse for balance now it gonna be harder to cross the river from the side area while strasse got infrantry cover remove

1 Like

Not to mention those indestructible barbed wires surrounding them and the ones piled in debris. My bots got caught on them a lot. Please remove them entirely, they are unnecessary annoyances. @James_Grove

Yeah, the indestructible barbed wires are a plague of Berlin. They even drained whole HP of one of my bots once. They should at least stop dealing damage and slowing soldiers down after they are flattened.

3 Likes

Now Moscow time! Please rework most of the maps to add more non-obvious rally points, some maps and objectives are almost impossible to play unless your team is already stacked to hell. Like, the middle part of the sand pit map can be infuriating, considering in average match often you maybe have 2 to maybe 4 people building rallies at best. Also, some maps have grayzones that are way too uneven, either cutting off reasonable approach paths artificially or being outright goofy, like, beging right behind the capzone, meaning flamer and grenade spammers cannot be punished and the people capping can be farmed with nigh impunity

2 Likes

Nice.

Is Stalingrad being reworked to not host BR4-5 matches asap?

6 Likes

Can changes be made in the next version regarding AI pathfinding and map occupation location?

1 Like

I used to straight up refuse to play Berlin because the maps were so unpleasant. It looks like a lot of the issues have been addressed though, so hopefully it will be more fun!

Wilhelmstrasse (Conquest) Right tank spawn is now blocked by baked in hedgehogs preventing you from getting tanks or halftracks out of spawn

7 Likes

I disagree with cleaning up the battlefields. It’s immersive to have wrecked vehicles, craters, holes, etc

4 Likes

Thats the BEST thing about urban maps
Tanks cat be ultimate weapon in urban warfare like in open terrain.

I’m not going to criticize the new maps but they could put an exception to the maps since they are going to imitate World of Tanks so one could choose not to play the map that one doesn’t like, such as Stalingrad, which isn’t really that I don’t like it but how do I? They force me to play 7 out of every 10 games on that map. If I could choose not to play it, it would be compensation for the stupid disaster they made by removing the theaters of war.
Apart from the fact that they put maps on BR, it’s so ridiculous that it’s embarrassing.

One noticeable AI behavior is that they jitter when they follow a player, they start running then come to an abrupt stop, then repeat the cycle.

This happen when the AI alternate between two behaviors as in “now I follow the leader”, “now I find who shot at me”, “now I follow the leader”, …, “now I follow the leader”.

Please let the devs know to put a time out for certain behavior on the decision tree after it is executed so that this doesn’t happen, or at least happen less frequently.

3 Likes