Reworking old locations: A walk around Berlin

We are very glad that you welcomed our idea of updating old Enlisted locations, so we are happy to keep it going.

In the comments section under our previous devblog there were many suggestions about Berlin. Well, the art team has gone to clean up the construction dust, and you can take a look at the results of our work, which will appear in Enlisted in the next major update.

THE BANKS OF THE SPREE

Let’s start with the hot stuff. You’re facing the intersection of several missions with the road to the Reichstag and the Berlin Central Station. Here our work is the most noticeable.

The pontoon bridges have been moved closer, and now you have three alternative directions for attack. The very first point of one of the missions will become much more diverse tactically for both attackers and defenders.

On the way to the station, we made room for vehicles to pass more easily and also improved it for infantry - we corrected the most problematic positions. And at the same time we cleaned up the tank routes: the road near the embankment now has fewer potholes and indestructible objects.

As before, we rely on heat maps, and even the smallest changes will have an impact on the gameplay in Berlin.

HITLER’S BUNKER

We continue to fill our maps with interesting routes and covers, while fixing design flaws.

All possible vehicle routes have been improved to make it easier to move around the location - we’ve cleared the road from small debris, so now it will be much more convenient for vehicles to push forward.

We made many changes for the infantry too. First of all - increased the opportunities to take cover from shots coming from the hill. While one of the main changes is the removal of the destructible pillbox in the capture zone. Now there are two burnt-out tanks there (we destroyed them). Hopefully, reliable cover will provide more incentive to capture one of the most difficult points of the mission.

STRASSE AND REICHSTAG

Only some simple, basic improvements here - we also cleaned up the tank route, optimized infantry covers and fixed a few bugs.

As for the Reichstag, we added covers on the way to the capture point for both attackers and defenders, so that one grenade thrown over the central pedestal would not decide the fate of all soldiers “on the other side”.

We only covered the most noticeable changes. In general, there are a lot of other improvements to Berlin, from capture points to vehicle routes. These changes were the most significant ones in our work on the location, and as always we will closely follow your feedback about them - so share your opinions!

32 Likes

I just pray you guys are able to retrain the AI on pathing quickly since its kinda fucked in the Normandy maps now with them getting stuck in simple buildings that have been there from the get go now

13 Likes

gonna miss the old berlin…

don’t get me wrong, i understand for balance reasons etc.

but, would it be possible to restore it’s original form to eventually use in mods in the future?

3 Likes

Yes, fine, but how to attack strategic points? These are still unplayable maps, where one tank does not allow you to take a strategic point. The infantry still have nowhere to hide.
there are still no normal shelters, the maps have literally not changed, in the Pacific Ocean you have at least put stone shelters on the points

1 Like

You should add the swiss embassy in Berlin. It would be located next to the ministry of internal affairs and it could serve as an alternative objective

10 Likes

Can you make Flaks more destroyable? They’re so annoying, I always get stuck with my tank because of them.

40 Likes

Still no inside of Reichstag?

13 Likes

Good change!
Berlin used to be too unfriendly for tanks. It was full of obstacles and it was difficult for tanks to maneuver quickly, but now it seems that the problem has been solved very well.

3 Likes

Glad to see that the game is so polished up that you have time for cosmetics, moving bushes around, GG DF!!!

2 Likes

IKR! Those things are the most annoying thing for tankers in this game.

5 Likes

And the stupid generators/ AA lights

5 Likes

We are noting all AI pathfind issues.

Above all tasks, AI it’s the one I m personaly interested in forwarding issues.

If you know any place that there is an issue, feel free to let us know.

2 Likes

Very hard to find an exact picture of the one in the game but I found a pic of a real one preserved

4 Likes

Using those searchlights was one of Zhukov’s terrible ideas. You should thank him.

1 Like

looks good, thank you for the rework!

Looks like they removed and moved a couple of assets, i don’t think recreating the “original” will be too hard.

1 Like

i hope so…

I don’t know if this is still an issue, but i remember that building a rally point here got bots stuck:

2 Likes

Like that’s literally the only issue I’ve noticed so far on the revamped maps
Just them getting stuck in buildings so I figured they just have to relearn the new setups
:person_shrugging:
If that’s the biggest most glaring issue I’d say it came out pretty well

1 Like

It’s good to see that the changes are only small obstacles and the map design was not changed since it is one of the most realistic in the game, you should add more details, for example the Hotel Adlon and other more detailed buildings in Pariser Platz, some statues that were in the Tiergarten, some other ruined statues that were in the square in front of the Reichstag, also from the aerial view of squadron selection near the chancellery the aviation ministry (Reichsluftfahrtministerium) is missing and it would be a great detail that such a building Berlin’s iconic landmarks can be seen from a plane or a section of squadrons, even though battles did not take place there.

1 Like