"Replacement" tanks to balance vehicles in battle

Stug G has been nerfed hard - used to be immortal now it gets one hit killed by everything.

1 Like

That’s pretty cool.

A bit like officers allowing special reinforcements mid battle.

What tanks will be available for each factions if it hasn’t been answered already?

1 Like

It’s not going to be an “additional slot”, it’s just an option players can choose to get a tank that more resembles the BR of the battle they are in.

For example, a BR III US player, playing against an Axis BR V tank player, can spawn in a BR IV (not V) tank.

Essentially, this change will reduce the BR difference from 2 to 1, only when necessary and when it appears in-game, in an attempt to make it fairer.

It does not automatically give players who haven’t grinded to the highest tier in that battle a free highest-tier tank - there is still a 1 BR difference.

4 Likes

any?

1 Like

so we can choose? that interesting

1 Like

Do you have any hints about the upcoming dev content?

For example. A player without a suitable tank can build rally points , capture the point D or something… BUT NO. You encourage him to drive a BR 4 tank, which does not penetrate a BR 5 tank. Good suggestion!

Or maybe you put panzerfausts on the map for infantry to fight against vehicles, like in pacific? The main feature of the game is infantry!
“Of course not, what nonsense!”

5 Likes

Do you mean to say, that players are given a tank CHOICE?

Like I’m br1. There’s a br3 enemy tank on the field.

I choose the new spawn location: I get a choice of any and all br2 vehicles?

Or is it a set br2 one?

1 Like

Does the axis BR5 tank need to be actively on the battlefield?
Or just available in the axis player’s setup for the match?

1 Like

On the field

1 Like

I just use the Stalingrad III N and slap it with HEAT over and over

Could you please clarify this? do you get to choose from all of the BR 4 tanks, or will the game assign you a random BR 4 tank?

1 Like

great tank - kinda OP for BR2 - still very weak against KV1

germans getting a choice between Tiger H, Panthers and Pz IV H for high BRs

others getting screwed over

nice change, germans definitely needed even more pandering

7 Likes

Top Waifu in topic~

The next update seems to be focused on tanks.

1. Track imprints
  2. Simulated suspension
  3. Replacement tanks
  4. Bastogne/Ardennes map (kind of famous for tank warfare)
  5. Super Pershing that’s been in the works for ages
  6. Jagdtiger in the files, coming alongside Super Pershing?
7 Likes

well Germany doesnt need better firepower against BR5, Soviets profit from this much more, because KV1 and T34 suck hopelessly against getting uptiered.

So … well actually, this mechanic will pretty much change nothing.

T34 85 and other BR4 Soviet tanks have still almost no chance against German BR5 - while Panzer III J1 and other BR2 tanks will still have almost no chance against Soviet BR3.

Tiger II H, KV1, T34 STZ, and Panther are the MAIN tanks that create this issue. I believe it would be much much easier to focus changing these vehicles than to add a new mechanic that wont change much.

2 Likes

oh sounds great instead of killing 1 tank i will kill 2 : )

thank you DF

1 Like

i get the appeal, but good luck trying to explain this to a new player, a more simpler way for the player would be to simply just make the BRs fixed, as in +1 -1, and not thts system where it fluctuates between +1 -1 to the old matchmaking system again, there are enough players.

5 Likes

i honestly hope they dont add the jagdtiger, it would absolotely kill infantry and tank combat cause u would literally just get blasted by it and have literally no way of dealing with it, even if the super pershing was added it would be a disaster

3 Likes