Pre-order: Armored Personnel Carriers!

Man, it’s just culture for them: instead of fixing the game they just keep releasing more and more things (which can keep breaking the game) because it’s “cool”.

2 Likes

Ironically, the LVT is still missing 2 crew members to man the rearward MG seats, while the Japanese equivalent kinda IS an APC already, since it’s got paper thin armour and trash weapons but a crew of 6 7 men with SMGs, except its slow as a crippled snail.

1 Like

7 men crew*

1 Like

Heroes and Generals!!!

1 Like

So, let me make sure I’ve got this straight.

We still don’t have non-premium or event reward Paratroopers or flamethrower tanks
we DO have an incredibly broken, confusing, and generally poorly handled merge
and they want us to spend $40 on yet another P2W premium mechanic? And one that only really benefits Germany, since it’s unlikely to be BR 1-2, so the US ones will just get zapped by Tiger 2s and panthers on spawn, and the Russians and Japanese can get fucked I guess, until they get theirs through a grind event.

I really used to like this game.

7 Likes

Personally, I want to thank the Devs for their work, for real, but to be honest with you, I find this upcoming update to be at the 0,000001% of the full potential that the addition of APCs would have in terms of actual improvement of the players’ experience.

As I respectfully said in my other post linked here, and shall I quote for you:

[…] fast troop carriers are a nice addition too, as to see Trucks and APCs would be dope: BUT instead of being premium only, as announced by the Devs, this should be done in a dedicated research line, adding a dedicated Truck/APC slot for anyone, together with the base vehicle slot (so, for base players, 5 ground squads + 1 Truck/APC + 1 Vehicle slot), with the same cooldown system and spawn limits as the other vehicles so to avoid spam. Premium users could get 2 APC/Truck slots along the 2 vehicle slots, for example. […]

And I also have listed, in the same post, some other suggestion for the Devs:

These [vehicles] could include vehicles such as the German Opel Blitz, coming before the Sd.Kfz. 251 and some of its variants in the research line, the US M3 half track for both the US and Soviets, the Italian SPA Dovunque 35 and 41 and the FIAT 665NM Blindato and so on. Some example of premium content should be those which are more specialized, such as the Sd.Kfz. 251/2 mortar carrier, Sd.Kfz. 251/8 I medic vehicle with medic squad (you know, countries used to have various models of ambulances during WW2, being trucks or converted APCs), Sd.Kfz. 251/10 and 22 anti-tank configurations of the Sd.Kfz. 251/1, Sd.Kfz. 251/16 flamethrower version, the Anti-Air Sd.Kfz. 251/17 and 21, with specialized crews, and so on for the other factions and countries.

Dear Devs, I hope you’ll find my suggestions to be useful.
Yours truly,
HellPaul

7 Likes

Half-Tracks are to me, the true mechanical symbol of this conflict, not the tiger or m4 etc, they were phased out relatively quickly afterward, and never saw truly heavy use before, so I’m delighted they have FINALLY been added.

All that having been said, with the way most of the maps are, these things are just up armored coffins/point pinatas.

tech tree is a mess. It supoose to show the development of weapons but instead they just put everything in a line. especislly the heavy weapon line. you got at rifle, at luncher and all other thing mixed up

1 Like

premium bolty sniper lol

I called it way back around the time we saw the roadmap!

APCs, I didn’t get droptanks (thought they were going to be torps and we’d have some new maps related to ships. or a mode like armored train.)

100% on point.

even better than my own sugestion for a rework using previous vehicles and dedicated specializations etc.

great to see someone with genuine interest and willingness to make improvements about those :slight_smile:

really sad to see these ones as premium…

5 Likes

Unless they are BR1, you cannot take them into any BR. It matters since maps are based on BR and how intolerable a match will end up being. It’s already hard enough to have a fun match after the update.

Also, US get fucked, no counter for them. Unless they make an event with a F2P version then F2P German and Russian players get fucked.

Darkflow: Let’s implement this highly controversial, unfinished, buggy system since we don’t want to pay our employees to work on it for more than a year.
Also Darkflow: Now that our update has received huge backlash and players leaving due to the issues with it, let us introduce this new P2W mechanic that isn’t available for all nations, so we can give an advantage to certain players.

3 Likes

Why don’t you just go ahead and hire @tommyZZM instead of stealing his ideas and creations?

4 Likes

Well this ones are cool APC, anyway i’ll suggest to wait for more devblogs)

3 Likes

Im hoping we get LVTs and the Type 4 Ka-Tsu and Type 1 Ho-Ha for the Pacific soon

3 Likes

Darth Vader NOOO GIF

2 Likes

That would be cool, the towing mechanic is a great idea

2 Likes

Hello there! Thank you for your reply, and you just mentioned a class which I totally forgot: raiders.
Raiders could become the precursors of Trucks/APCs only, much like an early-game starting point, where IFVs (tankettes for example) being separated in their own armored research line.

This of course may be different for those nations/factions who did not dispose of riders during WW2, and this would bring even more variety to the game.

Great observation :smiley:

1 Like

Hopefully not premium only…

I think going forward Gaijin really needs to include Tier/BR information on the premium vehicles before asking for money. Like if these are Tier 3 I want them but if they’re 4 or 5 I’m not intereted.

5 Likes