"New Enlisted" and... AI, IFVs, APCs/Trucks, Campaign and Research systems, Factions, Equipment Transfer

This will be a longer one, as the title alredy tells.

1. First of all:

• Let us order AI passengers in our vehicles to get off and go capture/hold a point, while we keep manning the vehicle together with the Gunner, Commander and Driver, and make the secondary MGs in a tank be usable by AI too.
  • For lower BR/Initial research, I see more opportunity for bringing IFVs on the battlefield, to be later replaced by light tanks, medium tanks and then heavier tanks as the research goes on.
    This would be beneficial in the way of variety, and more armored involvement. Players may also decide to bring IFVs on higher BR if they find it fun to play. Could also see many premium squads/vehicles too.
    Some example could be anything from German Sd.Kfz. 222, Pz I, II, Italian CV-33 and 35 with their anti-tank and flame variants (for Italians and Chinese - see below), Soviet Ba 10 and 20, British Bren Carrier, and so on.
  • In the same way, fast troop carriers are a nice addition too, as to see Trucks and APCs would be dope: BUT instead of being premium only, as announced by the Devs, this should be done in a dedicated research line, adding a dedicated Truck/APC slot for anyone, together with the base vehicle slot (so, for base players, 5 ground squads + 1 Truck/APC + 1 Vehicle slot), with the same cooldown system and spawn limits as the other vehicles so to avoid spam. Premium users could get 2 APC/Truck slots along the 2 vehicle slots, for example. These could include vehicles such as the German Opel Blitz, coming before the Sd.Kfz. 251 and some of its variants in the research line, the US M3 half track for both the US and Soviets, the Italian SPA Dovunque 35 and 41 and the FIAT 665NM Blindato and so on. Some example of premium content should be those which are more specialized, such as the Sd.Kfz. 251/2 mortar carrier, Sd.Kfz. 251/8 I medic vehicle with medic squad (you know, countries used to have various models of ambulances during WW2, being trucks or converted APCs), Sd.Kfz. 251/10 and 22 anti-tank configurations of the Sd.Kfz. 251/1, Sd.Kfz. 251/16 flamethrower version, the Anti-Air Sd.Kfz. 251/17 and 21, with specialized crews, and so on for the other factions and countries.

2. To remove Campaigns in the way it was done will add more difficulty to bring more content without messing up things. (especially for those who value historical accuracy a lot)

Anything discussed from this point on will be based upon a come back of campaigns, and is not based upon the current status of Enlisted, especially for the point 3. below

Instead of being called “USSR, USA, Germany, Japan”, factions should be rebranded as “USSR, Allies, Axis, Japan, China”, as the various factions were formed up by multiple countries, and would be easier to manage for further development, even for modders.

As for campaigns, since it was a World War, it can either be done in an over-simplified manner (as it is currently), or in a more detailed, but also seemingly complicated way, as the fronts in that war were so many.

Seeing the main fronts that are usually discussed here, these should be a number of possible fronts to be implemented.

• “Western Front”, where Germans will face the Brits-Commonwealth and USA forces, huge opportunities for premium squads here for both sides;
  • “North Africa”, where we will see the mixed Afrikakorps and Italian Army (with their Ascari native troops) fighting the French, the Commonwealth and USA, again, huge opportunities for premium squads here as well;
  • “Eastern Front”, where the united Axis army faces the USSR (with more defined Mongolian squads/appearances, as Mongolia and Tuva were heavily active in the Eastern Front too). The Axis saw an heavy involvement of not only Germany, but also Italy, Romania and Hungary, which should be regarded as “majors”, and at the same time, we can have premium squads based on Croatian soldiers, Slovakian soldiers, Azur Division, Charlemagne Division and Ukrainian volunteers, all of which could be a nice addition too. Premium Hungarian and Romanian armored squads would also bring some degree of variation.
  • “Italian Campaign”, where the unified end-war German-Italian Social Republic armies face the Allies and premium Italian Partizans squads, but also premium Polish squads too. Mount Cassino siege would be a perfect example of a battleground.
  • “China”, where the unified KMT and CCP face the Japanese. Battle of Shanghai and Nanking anyone? Here a lot of maps and gear can be involved, as the Chinese employed a mix of German (let’s also mention the licensed Hanyang 88 which was a Gewehr 88, Mauser C96 and the Type 24 “Chiang Kai-shek” rifle which was a direct copy of the German Stabdardmodell Rifle; premium weapon MG34), Italian, Soviet, American weaponry, German tanks such as the Pz I and II, (SdKfz 221, 222 and 260 could be premium), Italian CV-35 tankettes, Soviet T26 and BT5 light tanks. The NRA also used a number of Vickers 6-Ton and Vickers A4E12. M3 and M5 Stuart light tanks and M4 Sherman medium tanks were employed too. The Chinese small airforce also used Martin B-10, Curtiss Hawk II, Hawk III, Boeing P-26C/Model 281, Fiat CR.32, Polikarpov I-15 and I-16 and late research stage being the American A-29, P-40, P-43. The Chinese airforce could also see a Premium “Flying Tigers” squad based on the American Volunteer Group with their Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and P-40B.
  • “Pacific”, were the Allies face Japan in the various Japanese-controlled territories, and the Japanese side can also have premium Thai, Indian (Azad Hind) and Indonesian squads, while the Allies can bring premium Filipino and NZ ones.
  • “Continuation War”, were the Finns face the Soviets with mixed Finnish-German equipment, and Swiss premium SIG MKMO as well.

3. Equipment Transfer should come back into Enlisted.
Countries in the same faction among the different campaigns should see a limited range of transferrable items, cosmetics and weapons among themselved, and the limit would be like avoiding Finnish weapons and uniforms to end up in North Africa for example. (This, as said, depends on wether something like point 2. would become a thing or not).

4. As for Appearance, let us buy Cosmetic Card with Silver too, and for the clothings it is either all of what is discussed in this current topic, divided, accurate, and with what I’ve already mentioned in point 3., or what I said in my post titled “Soldiers’ Appearance and the New Enlisted”

Thank you very much for your attention, looking forward for your feedback.

4 Likes

I have a very great expectative of the new "APC’’ squads in the game. and i realy liked the topic about the dismount inf in light vehicles.

carry on.

still, Half Trunks has be the frist light vehicles we get before the bike. but why use light vehicles at all?

simple, i don,t like tanks, i don,t know how use they, i don,t like planes i either know how use they has well. so light vehicles are a ideal choice for a 100% inf man like my self.

Thank you for your reply.
As I was answering the Devs under their post, my comment here, APCs are great! But the Devs didn’t think about it at its fullest potential.

I find this upcoming update to be at the 0,000001% of the full potential that the addition of APCs would have in terms of actual improvement of the players’ experience.

The reason why I consider the upcoming update to be somewhat not an optimization of the average player’s experience, is that the Devs want them to be premium content only, while I instead said in the current topic we are commenting on, and I quote:

[…] fast troop carriers are a nice addition too, as to see Trucks and APCs would be dope: BUT instead of being premium only, as announced by the Devs, this should be done in a dedicated research line, adding a dedicated Truck/APC slot for anyone, together with the base vehicle slot (so, for base players, 5 ground squads + 1 Truck/APC + 1 Vehicle slot), with the same cooldown system and spawn limits as the other vehicles so to avoid spam. Premium users could get 2 APC/Truck slots along the 2 vehicle slots, for example. […]

Plus, I added Trucks into the equation, acting as forerruners in an hypotetical research line for APCs, but also IFVs, and I put some example of vehicles that anyone who dislikes to play as actual tanks or aircrafts will enjoy for sure, as them are meant to be anti-infantry!!!

I hope I made my point clearer, feel free to tell me more :wink:

1 Like

“USSR, USA, Germany, Japan”, factions should be rebranded as “USSR, Allies, Axis, Japan, China” ,

How do USSR, Japan and China get separate billing, but USA has to share with UK and Germany with Italy

2 Likes

For the number of fronts/campaigns, and for making this easier to manage for the devs.

Alternatively, they could make every country to be standalone, with a standalone research tree, and then them will be merged into the different campaigns/frontlines similarly to War Thunder (but somehow respecting historical accuracy, for example, no Japanese squads on Normandy, no Italian or German squads in Japan).

As for the UK, maybe, it could be just regarded as Commonwealth, so that the different British subjects can be included too with dedicated squads, cosmetics, voices and weaponries, as them taken on their own wouldn’t add much.

This would also mean to have a standalone Romania and a standalone Hungary being playable only in the Eastern Front (which wouldn’t be bad IMO), as they both can bring much content.
Bulgaria, Croatia and Slovakia and their squads and weapons can become premium/event content for Italy.

Therefore, a more WT-like approach, which would be pretty good.

Mine was just to keep it “easy” for the Devs, but a total overhaul, separating nations in such a way would be an interesting thing to have. :slight_smile:

Edit:
A user, ErikaKalkbrenner, made me think about raiders, a class that could become the precursor of Trucks/APCs, where IFVs (tankettes for example) would remain separated in their own armored research line.

:smiley:

Is there any indication that developers have plans to join the Chinese camp in the game?
Although I am looking forward to this very much, so far I have not seen any signs of it existing