Necessary improvements to the new Enlisted

Good QoL changes heading in the right direction! Being unable to completely disarm my soldiers I wasn’t using was getting annoying. Another suggestion I’d like to see implemented in the same vein is being able to remove soldiers from a squad and leave it that way without the game telling me I need a certain amount of troops for the squad to be complete.

I don’t want to have to be playing musical soldiers every time I want to switch them between my squads. Same goes for the amount of squads ready to go. You take a squad away and the game won’t let you continue until you have at least four squads ready. These are all unnecessary restrictions and basically make the squad logistics more tedious than it needs to be.

2 Likes

There are people who unlocked the Tanker 3 squad in Berlin, which of course uses Tiger II. Those people now got another Tanker 3 squad - the one that was in Normandy but after the merge it got access to Tiger II as well. That means these people, if they get an extra slot for vehicles, can cycle between a Tiger II(P) and a Tiger II (H) (and one infantry squad) in every battle. These squads are diabolically effective, and this is an advantage that was gained by pure luck, just because the squad from Berlin wasn’t chosen as the one for the post-merge tree, and there is no way for more players to gain that advantage now.
Selling those extra squads is the last thing those players would want to do.
Also, this is one of the reasons why there are many voices demanding going back to the previous version of Enlisted.
Edit: Btw I just checked and I got another squad that can use IS-2 xDDD Woah, that’s a nice win

2 Likes

This squad is the tech tree assaulter 2 squad, which means you won’t be able to sell it, only legacy squads

Please change the preset system to save the gear and stuff the lineup you had equipped so you don’t have to have a gorillion squads to make lineups for various things simultaneously
I’ve had to burn upwards of a million silver so far just to make tier one lineups for everyone and i’ve been playing since the alpha test and had everything

I don’t think you should have to outfit 150+ guys all at the same time when we already have a preset system that could record their equipment and just swap it out depending on what preset you have selected.

2 Likes

Because Normandy is intensely forested - and if you look at the Normandy camo for snipers for example, it matches the environment quite well, whereas Berlin is mostly grey walls and scorched earth so grey or brown uniforms are much more fitting (actually I noticed that it takes like half a second longer for me to identify a soldier in a dark Berlin room if he has a full brown uniform than when the uniform is green)

3 Likes

bots are significantly down. and lots of other bots that are entering the match are either from side disparity (that is much smaller now), or from off peak hours for some server.

if you want more info:

2 Likes

Since all squads have upgrades contributing to the reserve slots numbers I believe selling some legacy squads will lower player’s potential total reserve numbers, so keep that in mind.

1 Like

So, now it’s the same but complicated. Got it!

2 Likes

Please rework the current BR system! I really think it could work great, but not in the way it is now.

Having players thrown into the deep end the moment the equip a single BR 3 weapon is not going to work out. An entire BR 3 load out would not have a good time against an enemy team of BR 5s, much less a person with just a few BR 3 weapons…

You say its an “equal chance” for BR 3 to end up in BR 1-2 or BR 4-5…but with the majority of the player base in BR 5, that is where they are going to end up the majority of the time.

What you really need to do is rework BR 3…and maybe even create 6 BRs.

First look at BR 3. Look at it and think, “Okay, what is here that will still stay relevant at end game?” Then turn that equipment into BR 4…and possibly bump some stuff currently in BR 4 up to BR 5…then some of BR 5s best stuff into BR 6. (if needed for space)

I am sure it wont be as simple as I just wrote it, but if you manage to do that you will create two solid ques that should be more balanced. BRs 1-3 and BRs 4-6.

2 Likes

Hi there. Did you think of integrating the possibility to create BR sets? So that a player can have different tiers as presets for different BR ratings - that would make it way easier to play. Just like in WT…
Regards Dom

1 Like

This wasn’t even announced. Either a chaotic action that needs a fix (simply return the 12 rocket version to the tree) or a purely unfair move if it was intended. And P-47 is as strong as A-20 if not stronger (It is faster by 200kph in the first place), why remove such a cool plane then? I don’t see any good reason for this.
Personally, I intended to unlock it, and playing Tunisia has been a pleasure for me up until this update that erased my desired machine for no reason.

2 Likes

Please add remove excess soldiers from reserve squads too.

Not sure how anyone is seeing imbalance issues - there used to be - not now. I’m playing br2 and have never had such balance! No spamming so far. People must have their equipment mixed up - stick to one battle rank and you’re fine! I also like how this has encouraged using weapons I’d usually overlook to stay br2 and having more maps in mix is great too.

Not tried br3 yet, but I think there probably does need to be either a +/- 1 battle rank matching system instead, or have 6 ranks - 1&2, 3&4, 5&6.

1 Like

I knew not to do it, it was obvious that such QoL would appear quickly after the merge.

2 Likes

Here are some ideas and suggestions after the first 10 games of testing the New Enlisted.

1. Absolutely 100% remove Tiger II, Tiger I and Panther from Stalingrad, as well as STG, AS and such.
    BR 4 and 5 should be just Berlin and Normandy.
    In the future feel free to add more BR 4 maps like idk Vienna, Prague, Konigsberg, Seelow Heights, Ardennes, Hurtgen, whatever.
    Also remove late-war Pz IV J from Stalingrad, it’s just super weird. Automatically change the skin to Pz IV F2 or something.
    Stalingrad should be only until 1942 gear, it’s just too iconic to ruin it like that.
  2. Join Any Team.
    a) Where is the XP bonus? I believe it’s fair that I get some incentive to participate in an unknown battle in order to improve match balance.
    b) I strongly believe that Join Any Team matches should not be uptiers. The very purpose of it is to make the most balance match BR-wise by agreeing to be put in any of the four factions.
  3. PPS-42/43 both feels weird to see in Stalingrad and is not really balanced with German SMG options of the same BR 3: (Beretta M1918, FNAB-43 - also a weird one for Stalingrad).
    Please revise this.
  4. Future maps and gear links.
    I propose the following tentative plan:
    BR 1-2: Rural USSR (ex-Moscow), Stalingrad
    BR 3: Kursk, Bagration
    BR 4: Berlin
    BR 5 (separate from the normal BRs, without downtier): Operation Unthinkable (i.e. all the fantasy stuff like AS, RPD, MG-45, STG-45, etc.)

@James_Grove @_TheLucky @ChuchaDrucha @Keofox

6 Likes

More British Rifle squads pls. and Italian rifle squad.

3 Likes

You know why I am here Darkflow

1 Like

Kamazii planes strapped with 2000lbs bombs?

1 Like

Didn’t you see the memes about why Merge is not coming? It was our fault there was threads saying we need merge right away

Really? srry we broke nad messed up the game and turned it into something else!
WE know you grinded hard and long for all those squads, equipping and customizing them to fit their appropriate campaigns and having fond memories of them.
Now they are useless cause we broke the game and made it something else so now here you go now you can sell all those squads! yay!
bu… but i liked my Squads as they were and liked the idea of different squads that went with their respective campaings?
Anyway that just pisses me in two ways.
How about just cancel the game altogether?
cause you have ruined Enlisted completely, it’s another game and I don’t like any of it.
Like said before this is CoD with WT matchmaking.
I liked Enlisted, that had different campaings with their time appropriate Squads, weapons and vehicles and had the immersion of that there campaing with what they had there and then, that’s the game and the feel i loved about Enlisted.
This is not Enlisted, this is a completely different game altogether, one that does not care for historical immersion, now it’s just another arcade fps that doesn’t give two shits about history
just sad

5 Likes

I have bunch of squads and if they have a gun research in common if I progress one it progress on the other squad so it should not be a problem