First day stats (and comparison to premerge)

here are the first day stats.
some disclaimers before you start interpreting data:

• old data was taken on sunday which usually has 20-40% more player compared to weekday
  • merge data was taken from ~24 hours of data from time merge hit (~13:00 CET 04.12.2023 to ~13:00 CET 05.12.2003)
  • they didnt make any changes to replay data (so no tiers)

anyways here is data

crossplay on+off:

global

per campaign

crossplay on:

global

per campagin

crossplay off:

global

per campaign

and for those who want extra:

per campaign/mode

crossplay on+off

crossplay on

crossplay off

1 Like

reserved for extra data.

100k+ players still in main menu managing squad with phone UI

RIP

4 Likes

Less players but also less bots, right?

here are my observations:

• merge was successful in significantly reducing side ratio per campaign/tier. per campaign you get either 1:1 or maximum of 10% difference, while before that difference could go up to 90% for some campaigns
  • on crossplay on+off there is 16 players average per battle, 17.5 for crossplay on and 11.64 for crossplay off). premerge numbers were 12.64 players for crossplay on+off, 14.4 for crossplay on and 8.3 for crossplay off
  • there are way less bots entering the game. this can be further improved with incentive for join any match
  • desertion is about 10-15% higher compared to premerge
  • min prematch desertion is probably higher cause of way formula determines them (more full matches can more accurately capture prematch deserters)

edit:
btw some observation that i have noticed for crossplay on:

• there are almost no bots entering the match for berlin, stalingrad and tunisia
  • there is general overflow of players for those campaigns (seems like there are lot of prematch deserters). ratio of players for those campaigns could be incorrect cause of prematch deserters. may need to take prematch deserters into account if they arent currently.
  • moscow is unwanted child. all bot matches are made there
  • pacific is unpopular (probably cause low japan player number)

1 Like

data can be somewhat inaccurate cause of this. lots of players stuck in menu and not playing

it is less players cause it is weekday and it is compared against sunday that has 20-40% more players. not to mention idk how many players are wasting their time they would have spent playing with sorting their squads.
also yes, there is way less bots.

1 Like

Is there any way for you to actually get data on the BR’s of people in matches?
I dont think lowering the “per side ratio” is a great success if it means one side is on average 10x BR4-5 and other is 10x BR3-4 almost every match

if DF gives me access to their database or if they update replay info data with BR for battle/player, otherwise not

i agree. 2 queues is shit for balance.

btw some observation that i have noticed for crossplay on:

• there are almost no bots entering the match for berlin, stalingrad and tunisia
  • there is general overflow of players for those campaigns (seems like there are lot of prematch deserters). ratio of players for those campaigns could be incorrect cause of prematch deserters. may need to take prematch deserters into account if they arent currently.
  • moscow is unwanted child. all bot matches are made there
  • pacific is unpopular (probably cause low japan player number)

It took me about 6 hours with breaks sorting all of my squads out after the merge so it is 100% people busy in menus.

could be the popularity of germany (especially high tier germany) effecting the pacific numbers as well

Would like to see the second and third day data after merge to see how many players drop off. I f**king hate the game now. Is such a miserable experience.

I know you said more players get on sundays, but when a “good” game releases a huge update, or sequel it doesn’t really matter what day of the week it is. People will get on to play if they’re excited for it.

1 Like

i will do aggregate data for a week comparison and compare one day data to sunday for apples to apples comparison.

people were surprised by update. most people didnt even know it was coming in monday. not to mention some people spent hours sorting their stuff and not playing the game.

Less botfarming and less servers to pay for is a success overall.
Everything else is a failure though.
Balance got defenestrated, forum is bickering over BR and every faction has a BR section that is unplayable.
Yet my biggest complaint is that groups still aren’t fighting other groups which ruins the fun of everyone else in the match.

4 Likes

my thoughts exactly.

1 Like

What do you mean groups aren’t fighting other groups?

Clans and 4stacks fight other clans and 4stacks.
Having 4 well coordinated tryhards with the best gear of the BR is too much which results in stomps.

Thats true, but i feel germany is still overwhelming in end game as a u.s. main even without stacks.

are those unique players or you count same players as multiple ones multipled per matches?

same players multiple per multiple matches. that is more or less metric that matters. i will make week analysis with more stats later (including unique players).