[MOD] SOUNDS OF WAR - a comprehensive sound overhaul (beta release)

i use the regular PCM and now its working, thanks alot Sir Bigote, i Salute u :saluting_face:

when can we expect to see more? I greatly enjoyed the change in atmosphere from enlisted’s hit or miss sounds.

im going to be super honest, i lost a little motivation to keep working on the mod because other people claim that bigote’s mod is the best, nothing else comes close, etc lol

but hearing from users like you is nice, the mod is not cancelled, its just that right now i dont have motivation, if there’s any bugs or anything then i will still fix those asap

Well, I personally still prefer your mode over bigote’s.

To be fair everyone has different tastes.

I liked alot of yours, just so happened there were a few guns i use alot i prefered in bigote.

Really need to be able to mix and match lol.

In any case, nice work :+1:

You can easily do it yourself. Especially if you already have both sound modes available to you.
Just use these instructions.

It’s really nothing hard.

1 Like

Lazy

1 Like

what guns can i improve in my mod?

1 Like

Ill put yours on again tonight while i do my dailies and let you know :+1:

Like i said its only preference, some like realistic, some like old cinema, some like inbetween etc etc.

Its nice to have options. Modders are #1 in my book

I also prefer your Mod. and I only use it.

1 Like

Ppsh

My suggestion is that you merge the sound you already have with the default one of the ppsh, it is the only adjustment that I see in your mod

Also, you can add a mechanism little sound for some weapons

I recommend download insurgency sandstorm sounds, it has a good mechanism library

the other weapons have a really cool sounds (a lot better than defaults)
Dont be sad, You have worked for months on the mod and the result is great

1 Like

I really like the sound of ppsh in this fashion.

OK, now remember, this is just preference!!! either way you have done great work and its nice to have different choices in sound mods!!!. As you can see many love yours.

The main weapons I love using: (Everything I don’t comment on, I think you have done really well and I like it)

But as I love using these frequently, they Stand out

SMLE MK III - I owned one of these and you feel the power when you fire it. The sound in your mod sounds somewhat suppressed. It sort of goes “pop” when Id expect it to roar!

Garand - sort of feels like a 22 rifle to me, I’m not feeling the power (Mind you I’m not feeling it in Bigotes either)

MG 42 - I can see in the chat this one is a bitch to mod, But I’m not quite feeling this one. Bigote has this one pretty well

Not feeling the Bereta SMGs (but I don’t think you have changed those?)

Semi Autos I think you have done well, But a lot of the bolt actions don’t grab me. I like to feel the power :slight_smile: If I feel like im shooting a 22 (they sound a bit tinny and poppy with no followthrough) Im not there hehe

Then there are a whole heap that you have that are really nice!!! BUT, i just ever so slightly like the different sound for some on Bigotes

Overall though, Great work! :+1:

1 Like

I really like this mod:
M1 carabine
Sten mk
M1a1 smg
Smle mk3
Pps 43
Mp40
Winchester g30m
Kar98
And many others

yeah i very much prefer yours bro, keep up the good work!!!

yeah, i could make guns like the ross rifle or the lee enfields sound punchier, i’d have to go through the sound resources i have and see what i could use

if there are any video games with good gun sounds, let me know

but generally, i want semi autos and bolt action rifles to sound distinct from each other, i still want people who use my mod to be able to quickly recognize types of guns being fired, so that is my reasoning behind the decisions i have made

2 Likes

Weapon type recognition is working very well right now. I always understand what kind of weapon is firing.
The only thing that sounds nicer in bigote is mg42

maybe i could ask @Bigote0070 for his permission to implement his red orchestra MG42 sound into my mod, i tried many times to do the mg42 myself and i couldnt get it to sound pleasant

3 Likes

Yo! was thinkin over what sounds could use improvement and after playing a bit of each nation, I figured the Carcano sound and the semi auto sounds could use some doin. Compared to the rest of the rifles the carcano sounds more theatric than the other realistic rifle sounds and the semi autos seem to be missing some echo or reverb, resulting in a muted report. If’n you’d like I could go over this with you on discord for a better uhhhh analysis

thanks for the feedback, the carcano sound i originally used kinda sucked imo so i think i might have overcompensated for that when redoing it, as for the other semi autos, i tried to keep their sounds on the short end due to their higher rof, if too many sounds play at once due to longer sound length then the game audio will bug out, but i will see what i can do

1 Like