[MOD] SOUNDS OF WAR - a comprehensive sound overhaul (beta release)

Could you tell which file affects them?

cmn_sfx_effect.assets.bank but i patched my mod to fix it

1 Like

amazing work

i really love the new sounds

changed the sounds on the krieghoff and the M1 carbine family, let me know what you think, I will be posting a download shortly

1 Like

Nice, I like both!

Btw. Could you add the same or similar sound that currently premium Suomi has to GO Suomi (the one with 36 rnd mag instead of 71 drum) as well?
The sounds differs drastically atm.

ah yeah, i forgot that gun exists since i dont own it, iā€™ll make a note to change that next update

1 Like

here is update 3.8

CHANGED:
M1, M1A1, M2A1, M2 carbine sounds
Krieghoff FG sounds
Re-added MG34 trail sounds (should be subtle)
Slightly edited Suomi 71rnd loop sounds (hopefully sounds a bit less icky, I was experimenting with the suomi sounds and forgot to remove it, oh well, its here now)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

1 Like

now that i fixed the m2 carbine, most of the guns i feel like i did a bad job on are cleaned up

only thing remaining is the suomi sounds i accidentally pushed a few updates ago, those are a little icky imo, i could port the PPSH sounds over them since they sound nice at the cost of less variety, im not sure

Sounds very weird in semi mode tbh

hmm youā€™re right, damnit, two steps forwards one step back, Iā€™ll review it with the next update with the suomi kp26

2 Likes

Sounds of War 4.0 has been released and uploaded to the new sound section on the Enlisted sandbox site. Future updates will be published there.

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/zlixf4ciH2mbfNXk/

FIXES:
Fixed silent Fedorov sound in 3rd person

CHANGES:
Reverted the mg34 trail sounds from last update
Removed Suomi sounds for nowā€¦ Iā€™m not happy with them so I will revisit them later

2 Likes

Wait what? Since when is this a thing?!

Shhhā€¦ we will announce it properly when we solve some issues that we might have on a new section.

4 Likes

since 5 hours ago lol

have you tried using Mixpad multitrack recording software?
its free.

I didnā€™t know there was now a dedicated section on the sandbox site. This is very cool.
I will try it later.

its how the game itself handles the audio file, i dont think the tool itself will fix that

you know what pisses me off they didnā€™t tell us they implemented it, they just put it in randomly, they need to stop doing thatā€¦ dear developers pls inform the player base you did it before just randomly putting it in.

they did it for a reasonā€¦ they approached me and other mod developers so we could test the new site features before they announced it, they most likely wanted to make sure it worked 100% before telling everybody

3 Likes

I confirm it